High praise from Dookie Jay Bilas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

High praise from Dookie Jay Bilas

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Disagree, it says volumes.
Thank you for the clarification. Your comment too brings nothing as well. I don't understand the comparisons between sanogo and clingan. They are two completely different players and while clingan could benefit from improving parts of his game like his footwork which sanogo was so good with, I really believe clingan is looking to play more above and a around the rim while sanogo had a really good midrange game

Reaction Score
Thank you for the clarification. Your comment too brings nothing as well. I don't understand the comparisons between sanogo and clingan. They are two completely different players and while clingan could benefit from improving parts of his game like his footwork which sanogo was so good with, I really believe clingan is looking to play more above and a around the rim while sanogo had a really good midrange game

I think the comparison comes from the fact that they were UConn’s starting center in successive years. That’s the basis of the comparison, I believe. It’s not even clear to me what, exactly, you’re criticizing Bilas for. He’s comparing the components of one team to the next version.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had a mid range game?

Reaction Score
The fact he even compares clingan to sanogo shows that he doesn't really follow uconn games. I don't think I have ever heard any true UConn fan hear attempt that comparison. I don't like Bilas. I thought we left him in Kansas
That's not remotely accurate. He is comparing last year's center with this year's center. We do that all the time on this forum. Sanogo is a better offensive player than DC, but not as dominant defensively. And it does not matter. This year's team has more options offensively. Friends, we have not even seen Castle yet at his best, and we look dominant. This team is nasty. And of all the Duke commentators out there, Bilas is the least obnoxious.

Reaction Score
I think the comparison comes from the fact that they were UConn’s starting center in successive years. That’s the basis of the comparison, I believe. It’s not even clear to me what, exactly, you’re criticizing Bilas for. He’s comparing the components of one team to the next version.
Well as you know reading comprehension is generally not a strong suit on this board. You just have to accept that most of us would not score well on the SAT. It is what it is. :)

Reaction Score
I cannot believe he is still Jeezy posting. Gotta be a decade in on a bit that absolutely nobody is asking for. At this point I hope he keeps it up until he croaks. Good announcer though.

Reaction Score
Good article but I always hate when I see factual mistakes. Bilas is quoted as saying - "He's not now where Sanogo was as a senior. He's a sophomore" - when describing Clingan.

Details matter!!!
There should be a comma before 'but'.
It was a nice article, written by a respected authority who writes about lots of teams, and is usually on deadline. I don't understand why we're so harsh, on him and other writers. Bilas' only flaw is he's a Dukie. But he's a Dukie that likes UConn.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've been a Bilas fan for a long time. He is well informed and fair to all programs. I don't share the Duke animosity that is prevalent on the Yard. They had our number for a few games but in the two biggest games between us (Natty, Semi) we beat them. Those wins exorcised all my blue demons.

Dude, they're Dook, WTF?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom