Here's the Teams and Schedule UConn will Play on Trip | The Boneyard

Here's the Teams and Schedule UConn will Play on Trip

Reaction Score
None of the four games will be broadcast or streamed live. All four are scheduled for 7 p.m. local time, however, that could change once UConn is on site.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Right now, it looks like the best we can hope for is a detailed recap of the games and a box score. Someone from the school’s audio-video department could go with them to record the games and post them later that day on the women’s BB website. That’s wishful thinking, but it probably won’t happen.

Reaction Score
Right now, it looks like the best we can hope for is a detailed recap of the games and a box score. Someone from the school’s audio-video department could go with them to record the games and post them later that day on the women’s BB website. That’s wishful thinking, but it probably won’t happen.
Right. Especially because it seems more and more like they actually don't want any fans to attend - they say the time can change and still haven't named the gym in Zagreb.

Reaction Score
I hope that while in Croatia they will be able to take a side trip to the Plitvice Lakes National Park. It is one of the five most beautiful places we have ever been to. (We have been to 76 countries so far) Nika should make sure they go. Attached is a video that will give you an idea of the place, but it can't give you the real feeling of being there. Slovenia is like Switzerland's little sister, and the capital, Ljubjana plus Lake Bled are true gems, not to be missed. They will have a great trip, which includes the unforgettable Venice. Bon Voyage, and do some recruiting for future Nikas!

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230801_144010_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The circus is coming to a town near you. :cool: I like the spacing of these games. Aubrey Griffin is the longest "tenured" player on the roster. She played with Christyn Williams, Megan Walker, Evelyn Adebayo, Molly Bent, Anna Makurat, et al. You know how long those players have been gone..... Eons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ilirija was the third best team in Slovenia, but that is not the strongest league with players looking to impress and move on to other leagues in Europe so it will be a younger team with limited foreign players.

Pecs is presumably PEAC, which is the team that Dorka Juhasz played for before going to college. They had a good season last year, but also lost their best local player. It is always unclear at that time of the year whether any of their star players, especially foreigners, will have started preseason training with the team and play in this sort of exhibition. It could be a battle of Croatian guards though as they have signed Matea Tadic and their other foreigners include Sydney Wallace and Peyton Williams.

Reaction Score
There are highlights, then there are highlights. I hope the highlights reels they produce are a minimum of 12–15 minutes in length, not a 90-second rush job. :rolleyes:
Maybe, some of our fans who will be attending these exhibitions (assuming they find the arenas and start times) will be able to record some of the play.

If any BYers spot any videos from our players' and others' social accounts that feature their travels, they will post the links.

Reaction Score
While being able to see the team play, it may be a good thing that these games aren't broadcasted. Arkansas is also in Croatia and won an exhibition124-12. A blowout like this may not be all that entertaining to watch.

Reaction Score
While being able to see the team play, it may be a good thing that these games aren't broadcasted. Arkansas is also in Croatia and won an exhibition124-12. A blowout like this may not be all that entertaining to watch.
I'm kind of expecting scores similar to this for all of UConn's games on this trip. Please educate me if an opponent has a chance of staying within 30.

Curious how y'all see the PT distribution in these games/ I would not play any of the players recovering from surgery more than 1-20 minutes though I would be tempted to give more minutes to Carolyn if I knew her present medical chart. DeBerry and the freshmen would get a lot of time.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I would be satisfied with one of the parents of a team member post the game on You Tube after the game. I believe someone did it last time the team went to Europe, it was okay to watch, better than nothing at all.

Reaction Score
UConn would be crazy to play Paige in any of theses games. Have her go through the warmups and then park it on the bench.

Reaction Score
UConn would be crazy to play Paige in any of theses games. Have her go through the warmups and then park it on the bench.
I’m as apprehensive as anybody when it comes to Paige’s health. Couldn’t stand to see her injured AGAIN!
But…
Paige didn’t get to be the phenom she is by staying out of the game.
Physically, emotionally, mentally she has to get her feet wet.
That means getting in there and mixing it up before the season starts.
I would be stunned if her coaches and teammates won’t be watching her like hawks.
Expect video clips of Paige arguing with Geno when he waves her to the bench.
And CD sitting on her to make sure she stays there.

Reaction Score
I’m as apprehensive as anybody when it comes to Paige’s health. Couldn’t stand to see her injured AGAIN!
But…
I would be stunned if her coaches and teammates won’t be watching her like hawks.
When it's 68-12, I hope not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope that while in Croatia they will be able to take a side trip to the Plitvice Lakes National Park. It is one of the five most beautiful places we have ever been to. (We have been to 76 countries so far) Nika should make sure they go. Attached is a video that will give you an idea of the place, but it can't give you the real feeling of being there. Slovenia is like Switzerland's little sister, and the capital, Ljubjana plus Lake Bled are true gems, not to be missed. They will have a great trip, which includes the unforgettable Venice. Bon Voyage, and do some recruiting for future Nikas!

Just curious, what are the rest of the top five?

Reaction Score
Just curious, what are the rest of the top five?
That's now the challenge. Here are the four I've thought of quickly, plus (gratis), a few more "depending on the day": The Lake District in England; Cerro Campanario in Argentina; Iguazu Falls in Argentina/Brazil; and Easter Island. And on another day here are a few more: Taj Mahal in India, Kyoto, Japan, and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania.
Thanks for asking.

Reaction Score
Carnac---there is so much to hope for ---such as we got when Shea and team went to Italy. Bonding was fantastic, their work ethic was fantastic--it created a closer knit team. If UCW lose every game and come back as TEAM-teaM. I'll be thrilled.
I too would enjoy seeing each game as played. I've learned, be pleased with simple pleasure--like a replay. Uconn Women--are Uconn women--and we love em.

Reaction Score
But…
I'll take a beating for this!!!!! Paige is a super talent. So far no NC's--mostly because of injuries. This team these last 3 year had lots of talent-- and little in the way of a power post (apologies to ONO and Dorka) . Uconn came close, size may have pushed them to the NC.
Point is--Paige is great--but not the be all to end all--many member of her past 2 team may be WNBA talent--\I'd rather worry about the 11 other members (sorry I didn't count them) and let Geno worry about Paige and winning an NC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom