Help me to understand | The Boneyard

Help me to understand

Reaction Score
a couple of things. I wanted all of us to bask in the glow of NCAA national championship #5 for a while before asking a couple of questions.

#1) Was anyone else insulted that coach Dutcher wore a track suit to the championship game? I know KO is a loaded topic here, but I do remember him saying that he packed two suits to the final four. I know I'm older and old fashioned, but, damn, it's the biggest game of the year.

#2) What's with everybody ripping off their shirts? Mussleman looks like a 12 year-old boy. I know I've been with the same man for 50+years but what's up with that?

Reaction Score
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
a couple of things. I wanted all of us to bask in the glow of NCAA national championship #5 for a while before asking a couple of questions.

#1) Was anyone else insulted that coach Dutcher wore a track suit to the championship game? I know KO is a loaded topic here, but I do remember him saying that he packed two suits to the final four. I know I'm older and old fashioned, but, damn, it's the biggest game of the year.

#2) What's with everybody ripping off their shirts? Mussleman looks like a 12 year-old boy. I know I've been with the same man for 50+years but what's up with that?
Ever since covid coaches have worn their practice gear more often as that was what they did in the covid year, with very little to no fans and being distanced from the media. A lot of them haven’t changed their routine.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ever since covid coaches have worn their practice gear more often as that was what they did in the covid year, with very little to no fans and being distanced from the media. A lot of them haven’t changed their routine.
That’s your answer @SallyH . Covid, and then many stuck with it. Coach Hurley mentioned exactly that and why he doesn’t do that at a FF interview. ( but he wore the exact same underwear, shirt , jacket, and pants at EVERY tourney game!)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I actually agree with the Muss point. Thought he came off like a classless azzhat running around shirtless after a round of 32 win. Especially with the other team playing with their coaches health on their mind. Was very happy to send him home next game.

August_West

Reaction Score
I actually agree with the Muss point. Thought he came off like a classless azzhat running around shirtless after a round of 32 win. Especially with the other team playing with their coaches health on their mind. Was very happy to send him home next game.
I agree with that too. I’m all for celebrating. That just seemed weird. To each their own though, I guess. I think Arkansas fans loved it , and I imagine maybe that was like when we all loved the Hurley/ Jalen Adam’s chest bumps after hurleys first big win against Syracuse at the garden his first year and the rest of the world slammed it. So I can’t get too worked up about it.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Did Bob Knight start the Casual Friday look? If memory serves, Notre Dame told him no-thanks because he refused to lose the sweatshirt.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I agree with that too. I’m all for celebrating. That just seemed weird. To each their own though, I guess. I think Arkansas fans loved it , and I imagine maybe that was like when we all loved the Hurley/ Jalen Adam’s chest bumps after hurleys first big win against Syracuse at the garden his first year and the rest of the world slammed it. So I can’t get too worked up about it.
Idk, beating your rival in a national tv game and celebrating with some chest bumps doesn’t seem comparable to me. There’s also none of that pesky added context about the players mental state.

It does make me want to see what he’ll do if he wins a title though. They might need to evacuate the kids.

August_West

Reaction Score
OK boomer

I always wondered why they wore suits. Seems silly. The new look is more on point. Way better.
I don’t agree. I don’t care if coaches wear track suits. Doesn’t bother me. But I was always a fan of guys like Jay Wright looking sharp. I don’t think it makes a lick of difference for coaching acumen obviously, it just harkens to the nostalgia of different era. . Kinda like how people used to care about how they looked getting on an airplane, but now I get sat next to a guy in a tank top, shorts and flip flops. In close quarters I don’t really care to deal with your nasty feet or overgrown jungle stinky pits.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did Bob Knight start the Casual Friday look? If memory serves, Notre Dame told him no-thanks because he refused to lose the sweatshirt.
He wore V neck sweaters. Most coaches wear 1/4 zips now with Docker style pants and I think that’s fine. Wearing a suit or even a suit jacket to coach a sporting event never made any sense to me. There are no Tom Landry types left in the NFL either. It’s not practical attire.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I work in a bank and have to wear a suit. When I go out in public, to a store or a restaurant, during working hours, people look at me like I'm going to court. But people always seem to call me sir.
I have no issue with coaches wearing what they want.

Reaction Score
He wore V neck sweaters. Most coaches wear 1/4 zips now with Docker style pants and I think that’s fine. Wearing a suit or even a suit jacket to coach a sporting event never made any sense to me. There are no Tom Landry types left in the NFL either. It’s not practical attire.
The NFL requires coaches to wear team gear. There was a coach for the 49ers before Shanahan that wanted to wear a suit and NFL wouldn’t allow it

Reaction Score

Honestly it’d be better if they took a page out of MLB’s book and wore full uniforms. You wouldn’t want to see 105 year old Larranaga in a jersey and shorts?

Reaction Score
I don’t agree. I don’t care if coaches wear track suits. Doesn’t bother me. But I was always a fan of guys like Jay Wright looking sharp. I don’t think it makes a lick of difference for coaching acumen obviously, it just harkens to the nostalgia of different era. . Kinda like how people used to care about how they looked getting on an airplane, but now I get sat next to a guy in a tank top, shorts and flip flops. In close quarters I don’t really care to deal with your nasty feet or overgrown jungle stinky pits.
That’s cause Jay Wright looks the way he does. Put any suit on Calipari and I still think he looks like a used car salesman. Sean Miller should never wear a suit/dress shirt again.

Also suits on a plane might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of. Let’s make an uncomfortable activity even worse so you look good for people that you won’t talk to and will never see again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom