Hawkins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hawkins

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was basically the only one who showed up against Maryland last year.
We know. Folks remind us whenever he has a lousy game. I don't see why he can't tighten up his ballhandling. Or finish a lay-up.

Reaction Score
I’m good with Hawkins off the bench as long as he gets starters minutes it’s early still see his minutes ramp up more by big East play. We got a history of our top guys coming off the bench as freshman, Ray, Rudy, Kemba, Shabazz.

Reaction Score
People on here were saying Hawkins looked like he might of hurt his ankle and I could understand if that was the reason he sat so much in the 2nd but if he was fine, it blows my mind why he rode the bench so much. Yeah the turnover sucked but what are you going to do, I'm glad the team embraced him knowing how hard he took it. This team has so much firepower but the sky is the limit if hawkins can develop rapidly.
Yeah we have no other SG with his talent out there. His shot is money and he can create off the dribble offense for himself. Not saying he a a great dribbler but good enough to get in the lane and hang and score. We need this element in our offense to go with AJ, Polley and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Well the stats don't lie. I mean I like the guy and he is trying but he is very limited player and has issues covering smaller guards even with his athletic talent. Just don't see the NBA potential others see in him. He would have to totally transform his offense. Now Hawkins is the real deal and his shot is so pure. NBA is about creating your offense and shooting. Both of those things AJ lacks.
There’s a big difference between providing nothing at both ends and NBA potential. Not trying to be condescending but ever watch off the ball when on D? Most people just watch the ball because it’s hard not to but you’d be surprised what guys do defensively off the ball

Reaction Score
There’s a big difference between providing nothing at both ends and NBA potential. Not trying to be condescending but ever watch off the ball when on D? Most people just watch the ball because it’s hard not to but you’d be surprised what guys do defensively off the ball
I just keep noticing him get beat off the dribble badly. I like the guy and hope he develops his game but besides his passing and occasional highlight dunk I haven't seen a top 75 recruit. I know it is a different position and talent but basketball wise/athletic wise a good comparison might be Stanley Robinson. If AJ can develop into that offensively I will be happy.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Bouknight's coming out party in Charleston. I think he gets major run today.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yesterday was the time I’ve watched Hawkins play. I like the Ray comparison…for some reason, in terms of body language and moxie goes, the first thing that came to mind when I saw him was Caron Butler. I know they play different positions and have different games but in terms of alpha dog/I’m the best dude out here attitude, I saw Caron and I like that.
Yeah love to see that type of confidence from a freshman. Especially when he seems to score so effortlessly. He isn’t the driver and finisher Bouknight is but his ability to get off a shot and drain it so far is the best we’ve seen in awhile.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well the stats don't lie.
No, but people that interpret stats do. For instance, just the other day someone tried to slam Whaley for his lack of stats.

Reaction Score
No, but people that interpret stats do. For instance, just the other day someone tried to slam Whaley for his lack of stats.
Andre is great athlete but he just isn't the basketball player that Hawkins is. Hawkins is going to be very special and hopefully are go to guy at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Well the stats don't lie. I mean I like the guy and he is trying but he is very limited player and has issues covering smaller guards even with his athletic talent. Just don't see the NBA potential others see in him. He would have to totally transform his offense. Now Hawkins is the real deal and his shot is so pure. NBA is about creating your offense and shooting. Both of those things AJ lacks.
Jackson is tough to figure. I see flashes of prior players from Edmund Saunders to Kevin Freeman to Caron Butler. He is so athletic and plays more like a forward than a guard but he'd be a great wing if his shooting gets better. Great potential for college but not sure about pro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom