Hawkins next Bouknight? | The Boneyard

Hawkins next Bouknight?

Reaction Score
Oops! Missed that. Well at least he has the confidence that's s big part as a freshman. GOAL oriented, like that. Thanks

Reaction Score
He's our most talented offensive player from day 1, hope Hurley unleashes him early.
Agree with you on that. He should give him the same freedom that he gave Bouk his freshman year or possibly more of a longer leash. He is that good.

Reaction Score
He won't score as much as Bouk, but he's a better defender. He'll be stupid effecient from 3 and at the rim his sophomore year and get drafted. Mark it down.
Gaff, Hawkins, Martin, Akok, and Whaley is an insane defensive lineup that still has some nice offensive options (technically 5 shooters).

Reaction Score
This is a huge selling point to be able to say to recruits. Been a little while since we could say, "you can be the next so and so" and it actually means something. Shabazz was the last one, which wasn't that long ago. But its huge to be able to have a specific "template" for a type of player to recruit for. It's even better when that template is a 6'4-6'6 super athletic 2 guard/ wing.

I'm guessing that Samson might be the next one....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gaff, Hawkins, Martin, Akok, and Whaley is an insane defensive lineup that still has some nice offensive options (technically 5 shooters).

I mean "technically" anyone can shoot. I'll believe Martin, Akok and Whaley can shoot when I see it.

Reaction Score
Speak it, manifest it. If you listen to the interview, he caught himself it seems saying “I think” and started changing it to “I will, I am, etc”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ok getting tired of NHR and CT Post. Outline doesn't work. What's the workaround..?
CTRL A, then CTRL C, then post to word.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thing about the woman's team last year was the freshman wanted to contribute right away and were all super competitive. I see the same attitude with Samson, Sool and Hawkins. They want to have an impact right away and seem willing to hard work needed to make that happen.

Reaction Score
The thing about the woman's team last year was the freshman wanted to contribute right away and were all super competitive. I see the same attitude with Samson, Sool and Hawkins. They want to have an impact right away and seem willing to hard work needed to make that happen.
Isn't that the same for most freshman? I mean until the reality of competition, game play and higher skill levels meet them.

I would guess 'contributions' would be relative or whatever they can give us to help win games or be a better team (practice contributions).

Just saying guys like Bouknight, Kemba, Bazz and all other 'super' frosh seemed to be exceptions as far as immediate impact. Its obvious if they have NBA potential then its certainly doable.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom