Hawkins Hurt? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins Hurt?

Reaction Score
He had 4 fouls 20 seconds into 2nd half. You can't play him with 4 fouls until maybe 5 mins left in game. I assume DH was saving his 5th foul until crunch time if we needed a big shot...we didn't and the team had a good flow going.
It was a 5 point game at 10:30. Bring in The Hawk.

Reaction Score

The comments about Danny being smug or whatever don’t really get him. He takes what he does very seriously, but he doesn’t take himself too seriously and he’s quick to spread the credit for success to those around him. I think because he’s so intense when he’s working that people don’t get how self-deprecating and funny he is. They take it all too seriously.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Easy to shrug off now because we won, but that foul call (minor grab off ball, happens every play) and the subsequent tech were bull$....
Officials were obviously trying to even out the foul discrepancy, despite the fact that Iowa State were bodying our guards all night.

Officials were not great most of the tournament.

When you own the backboards like the other team doesn't even exist, you're going to get fouled more

And like you said, they play aggressive D on the ball. They're trying to turn you over, maybe because they can't rebound, and that results in more fouls than simply defending the hoop

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why would you say there is no reason to play him? He is one of the best players. He deserves to be on the court unless he is hurt or in the dog house.
He was totally in the doghouse. Ever see Good Will Hunting? There's a fine line between a cocky, scared-s__tless kid and a confident young man.

In picking up his 4th foul, Hawkins wasn't playing a good portion of the 2nd half anyway, but because foul#4 was a deadball technical, Hurley sent him a message. UConn won so it worked out, but now Hawkins probably won't react in a manner unreceptive to the refs in, say, the BE or NCAA Tournament

Reaction Score
He was totally in the doghouse. Ever see Good Will Hunting? There's a fine line between a cocky, scared-s__tless kid and a confident young man.

In picking up his 4th foul, Hawkins wasn't playing a good portion of the 2nd half anyway, but because foul#4 was a deadball technical, Hurley sent him a message. UConn won so it worked out, but now Hawkins probably won't react in a manner unreceptive to the refs in, say, the BE or NCAA Tournament

Great movie

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The comments about Danny being smug or whatever don’t really get him. He takes what he does very seriously, but he doesn’t take himself too seriously and he’s quick to spread the credit for success to those around him. I think because he’s so intense when he’s working that people don’t get how self-deprecating and funny he is. They take it all too seriously.

You don’t see that during a game what you see during a game is Danny smiling and saying nothing after a bad call. It comes off as smug but it’s actually self restraint.

Reaction Score
You don’t see that during a game what you see during a game is Danny smiling and saying nothing after a bad call. It comes off as smug but it’s actually self restraint.
Das ist korrect!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not mad at all about the tech. That was a BS college ref move by deciding to call a touch foul immediately to start the second half because uconn got a lot of free throws in the first half. It was predictable and what turns me off from college basketball
Easy to shrug off now because we won, but that foul call (minor grab off ball, happens every play) and the subsequent tech were bull$....
Officials were obviously trying to even out the foul discrepancy, despite the fact that Iowa State were bodying our guards all night.

Officials were not great most of the tournament.

In the chat room I put in a comment right before second half started that refs would go whistle happy against UConn for the first five minutes to even things out from the first half. If a message board poster like me (and several of you) know that, I would think the UConn staff would know that and make sure the players knew not to give the refs any reason to blow the whistle.

Hawkins was one of the Huskies who got burned by that and then compounded it by saying something to get #4. Stupid, impulsive move by Hawkins and Hurley parked him in the garage for it.

Reaction Score
In the chat room I put in a comment right before second half started that refs would go whistle happy against UConn for the first five minutes to even things out from the first half. If a message board poster like me (and several of you) know that, I would think the UConn staff would know that and make sure the players knew not to give the refs any reason to blow the whistle.

Hawkins was one of the Huskies who got burned by that and then compounded it by saying something to get #4. Stupid, impulsive move by Hawkins and Hurley parked him in the garage for it.

I said it in the chat room as well, knew it was coming. The ISU coach was going to remind them of the discrepancy and as usual they responded as all crappy referees would.

But Hawkins got what he deserved he got lazy off the ball, then compounded it by being a wise a s s. You’re not thinking of your team at that point. If anyone thinks that wasn’t lesson for JH then you don’t know Hurley. He would’ve gotten him some time at the 8-10 minute mark if he wasn’t proving a point. I like it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom