Haters gonna hate. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Haters gonna hate.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Imagine having significantly fewer All Americans than all the top programs, and then having those top programs accuse you of cheating

Too funny

And when one of those finger pointing schools actually admits to having committed academic FRAUD without any adverse consequences, well I call that a complete and utter lack of self awareness

Simple arguments for simple minds

Reaction Score
Imagine having significantly fewer All Americans than all the top programs, and then having those top programs accuse you of cheating

Too funny

And when one of those finger pointing schools actually admits to having committed academic FRAUD without any adverse consequences, well I call that a complete and utter lack of self awareness

Simple arguments for simple minds
This is the point that many don’t get. It’s not like UConn stock piles McD’s the way Duke does, or Kansas or Kentucky. So they call us cheaters?

Reaction Score
I deal with this every day here in North Carolina. UNC fans respect the hell out of UConn. So do Duke fans. They respect us because we WIN. They hate us because we WIN. When UConn gets to March, people know the aura changes.

These fans are smart enough to see the trends of CBB. In their eyes, we are the “little brother” that didn’t belong for 20 years, but now pulls the chicks, cars and cash. You may not like us, but you gotta respect us.

Heavy Lies The Crown.

Reaction Score
Some joker in the thread pretending to be Mik Kilgore Mark Strickland (handle: DeanESmithCenter) and telling all sorts of unfounded nonsense about UConn. All sorts of vitriol and viscous lies, it's almost obnoxious how some people feel entitled to lie like that, his claims would be torn to shreds within an hour here. Plus saying Hurley abuses refs on a Bob Knight level is laughable. I GUESS Some couch potatoes have too much time on their hands to pretend they are some obscure 1990s Temple basketball player. Pathetic.
Actually that was a pretty positive thread with one or two posters just trying to get attention.

Carolina fans are among the best group of fans out there in terms of message boards = respect.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
UNC fans - check out this thread from the past day in which posters complain about how dirty the program is and how Calhoun bought players like Cliff, Tate and Rudy. And conspiracy theories about how UConn's success just so happened to tie with the rise of ESPN.

UConn gets no respect (247sports.com)
Great stuff about Calhoun cheating from Fake Classes U.... and the comment about ESPN making Geno? I guess they don't know about all the years the women were on CPTV...

Reaction Score
UConn didn’t buy Rudy. They bought his AAU coach. Beltway Ballers.

Cliff and Tate were Perno recruits.

My understanding is the money paid for the Beltway Ballers game went to the Boys and Girls Club.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
UNC has always been good to us because we beat Duke, but now they are having buyers remorse because they are all just realizing our next title ( whenever that is) will tie us with them all time. It’s a bitter pill to swallow.
Yes and they can take the bitter pill with a giant piece of bitter humble pie.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
UNC is the biggest beneficiary ever of "my enemy's enemy is my friend." They really don't deserve to be thought of as better than Duke or Kentucky, though

Reaction Score
That thread on the UNC board is a mess. The stuff about Rudy Gay and Gary Williams and then the Pump Brothers hasn't been talked about in 20 years. LOL ..... reminds me of Smokefree (somehow I still remember his Steely Dan "Aja" avatar) and the old MD board. Fun times.

Reaction Score
UNC has always been good to us because we beat Duke, but now they are having buyers remorse because they are all just realizing our next title ( whenever that is) will tie us with them all time. It’s a bitter pill to swallow.
That's why they'll keep hanging the Helms like Kansas. lol

If we take it down Monday night, even with their fake Helms titles we'll have as many as Kansas. Imagine having Wilt Chamberlain on your team but him winning fewer titles than Tyler Olander.

Reaction Score
I looked up Temple's roster from the early 90s - there's no scholarship player that fits the description and time period he describes.

I call major shenanigans.
Wouldn't it be 1980s?

I also think the poster is a liar, but still.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
That thread on the UNC board is a mess. The stuff about Rudy Gay and Gary Williams and then the Pump Brothers hasn't been talked about in 20 years. LOL ..... reminds me of Smokefree (somehow I still remember his Steely Dan "Aja" avatar) and the old MD board. Fun times.
San Diego State podcasters are still talking about Kemba's flop...

Reaction Score
I hope that Dan Hurley reads it all!!! I heard Parrish recently on his pod....he was very complimentary. Better late than never I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom