Hartford Courant/Joe Arruda article on Jaylin Stewart | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant/Joe Arruda article on Jaylin Stewart

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Anything we get from Steward or Ross is gravy. If we get to the point where we need them to win, we will be in tough shape. They need to learn to pick their spots and make a contribution when they get minutes. Tough for young guys not to force the action but that is the worse thing they can do.

Steward showed how it's done last Saturday. Hope Ross was watching.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anything we get from Steward or Ross is gravy. If we get to the point where we need them to win, we will be in tough shape. They need to learn to pick their spots and make a contribution when they get minutes. Tough for young guys not to force the action but that is the worse thing they can do.

Stewart's major role is to reduce Alex's minutes and to be a backup in case Alex is in foul trouble particularly against opposing teams with a big and strong 4.

He doesn't space the floor like Alex at this stage so it will be important to have Cam and Tristen in when he plays.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

Agree with this take, but how do you spell Stewart wrong?

Reaction Score
Agree with this take, but how do you spell Stewart wrong?

I do it all the time but usually change it before posting. Maybe force of habit, not as bad as the Tony Robertson days. I think I'm going for Patrick Steward. It could also be the spell check getting out in front of me. It prefers Stewart. Promise to get it right when he hits double figures.

Reaction Score
“We want to get to nine, and I’ve been able to get to 10 in my career, but you play the players that are ready to play,” Hurley said Friday, before Stewart stepped up in Saturday’s win. “Those two guys (Stewart and Ross) are tremendous talents, I think they’ve both got a chance to be NBA players. It’s not happening to them right now, they’ve got to keep developing and showing up every day and don’t take the text messages and the phone calls from people that want to start talking to you about the (transfer) portal – which starts to happen this time of year as the tampering starts.”
Already? For Stewart and Ross, both four-star, top-100 recruits, Hurley says “it’s never too early for tampering and for the creatures that come out.”

Reaction Score
Anything interesting? Can’t read article.
Should I pull out the lesson on how to read articles behind paywalls? I usually provide the alternate free access link to make it easier for everyone.

Reaction Score
“We want to get to nine, and I’ve been able to get to 10 in my career, but you play the players that are ready to play,” Hurley said Friday, before Stewart stepped up in Saturday’s win. “Those two guys (Stewart and Ross) are tremendous talents, I think they’ve both got a chance to be NBA players. It’s not happening to them right now, they’ve got to keep developing and showing up every day and don’t take the text messages and the phone calls from people that want to start talking to you about the (transfer) portal – which starts to happen this time of year as the tampering starts.”
Already? For Stewart and Ross, both four-star, top-100 recruits, Hurley says “it’s never too early for tampering and for the creatures that come out.”
This is a pretty funny but real quote, you have to assume coaches in the PNW will break out the “come home for minutes” appeal for him.

This year’s team is top heavy with several guys who won’t be around next year & I hope the coaching staff is transparent and reiterates that to the freshman.

Reaction Score
This is a pretty funny but real quote, you have to assume coaches in the PNW will break out the “come home for minutes” appeal for him.

This year’s team is top heavy with several guys who won’t be around next year & I hope the coaching staff is transparent and reiterates that to the freshman.
Sounds as if they already started......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom