OT: - Happy Paczki Day to All | The Boneyard

OT: Happy Paczki Day to All

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm not Catholic, but that's not gonna stop me from driving all over town to try to find some paczki's to help celebrate this holiday.

Thanks to @Bama fan for introducing me to this great holiday last year

dancing.gif

Reaction Score
I had to run out yesterday to get some for my husband. Because you know, we can't get them for another year. I don't eat them, but he loves them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! it's national pancake day, and iffn u hit ihop, they'll give you a free shortstack till 4 pm.
of course, iffn u head to shoprite instead, there's a good chance that after 4pm, the timed out paczki boxes will be half price. that's the only time that i buy them cuz im not a fan of donuts covered in dust that seems to get everywhere, but for half price, im in on any donut, ceptin of course glazed donuts. never liked them as they taste, and feel, kinda cheap. dusty, messy, powdered donuts are a close second to those sticky napkin eaters.

bought a 12 pack box of entenmans donuts for great gramms last week. of course, any version of theirs always includes 4 of those powdered messes.
while she eats everything but is not a big eater, she sez 'what am i gonna do with 12 donuts?' i say, 'hey, ur like me, and will eat almost any unfancy donut, regardless of it being a week old, cuz they only get dry, and not bad. fire up the coffee pot, and ur in.'
she said 'good point.'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm half Polish and in these troubled times I've never been prouder to trace my heritage back to the homeland of my maternal grandparents. Poland has been a great and noble country since the year 1025. The late historical novelist James Michener wrote an excellent book about Poland, not surprisingly titled "Poland". It's well worth the read if you can find it.

And yes, the food is great!

Reaction Score
Happy Paczki Day to everyone! Had to stop by the local Publix in Oviedo, FL to see if they had any - and, sure enough, there they were, in all their glory (lemon, custard, or raspberry, my personal fave). Needless to say, I stocked up.....

20220301_152816.jpg

Reaction Score
Tops Market in Southington has had them for a couple of weeks and I have to walk right past them as I enter the store.

Reaction Score
Happy Paczki Day to everyone! Had to stop by the local Publix in Oviedo, FL to see if they had any - and, sure enough, there they were, in all their glory (lemon, custard, or raspberry, my personal fave). Needless to say, I stocked up.....

View attachment 73901
Oviedo FL had Polish dessert??

Chicago sure. New Britain of course. Would not have guessed suburban Orlando.

Reaction Score
I'm not Catholic, but that's not gonna stop me from driving all over town to try to find some paczki's to help celebrate this holiday.

I always say that you’re a true lover/appreciator of World Religions.

Well except maybe Buddhism. That self denial thing is kind of a real downer. Especially when you’re hungry.

Reaction Score
Oviedo FL had Polish dessert??

Chicago sure. New Britain of course. Would not have guessed suburban Orlando.
Most Publix in Florida have bakery departments where they bake in the store. Some good stuff can be had.

My favorite Publix treats are long johns and carrot cake.

Reaction Score
I'll be hitting Publix tomorrow so will probably pick up a box or two of paczkis or two. I liked them when I was in CT, never saw them in NC and then rediscovered them at Publix in FL. It has been too long since eating the CT version to compare them to Publixes, but the Publix version is tasty.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

View attachment 73901

I hate threads like this where people post pics that make me really hungry..... especially when I was unable to obtain the food that was posted. I know I made this thread but man.... :oops: ... I hope that some store in a city of 300,000 has a box of paczki's left

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Going back to the roots of this thread, I hope Anna Makurat is enjoying her treats back home in Poland. The entire country appears to be rising to the aid of the Ukrainians crossing into the west.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Most Publix in Florida have bakery departments where they bake in the store. Some good stuff can be had.

My favorite Publix treats are long johns and carrot cake.

A friend warned me about the Publix bakery section years ago. I do my best to stay away from the bakery department at Publix, that place is the devil. Luckily the one Publix in the city is kinda a long drive so I don't get there on a regular basis. Ironically the only time I go there is on my way back from the Doctor's office. :oops: Nothing's like a Publix foott long Fried Chicken Sub and a box of Cookies and Cream Mousse Chocolate cupcakes after a cholesterol test :confused::eek::oops:

Reaction Score
A friend warned me about the Publix bakery section years ago. I do my best to stay away from the bakery department at Publix, that place is the devil. Luckily the one Publix in the city is kinda a long drive so I don't get there on a regular basis. Ironically the only time I go there is on my way back from the Doctor's office. :oops: Nothing's like a Publix foott long Fried Chicken Sub and a box of Cookies and Cream Mousse Chocolate cupcakes after a cholesterol test :confused::eek::oops:
Our daughter lived in Miami for a while. We went to Publix to get groceries. Asked for some sliced turkey at the deli. The clerk was mortally offended when I declined to taste a slice of it before she packaged it. Great grocery store, though. Wish we had them in New England.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Our daughter lived in Miami for a while. We went to Publix to get groceries. Asked for some sliced turkey at the deli. The clerk was mortally offended when I declined to taste a slice of it before she packaged it. Great grocery store, though. Wish we had them in New England.
At least some clerks at Frys here in Arizona ask if you want a taste. Often, what they really want to know is if the thickness is ok.

Over in Texas, where the H.E.B. is the main gig, I went to pick up something for my in-laws that live there and found the deli attendant very, very, well, attendant, offering samples, advice, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom