OT: - Happy Father's Day Boneyarders | The Boneyard

OT: Happy Father's Day Boneyarders

Reaction Score
Thanks from all of us Dads.

Here is a modern day Dad with a connection to basketball, with a lesson for all of us about being a good Dad.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

TerpWomwnfan, you beat me to the punch. I was going to post a happy Father's Day greeting to honor and recognize all of the fathers here. I endorse it 100%. Happy Father's Day to ALL Boneyarders who are lucky enough to be a dad (or stepdad), especially a granddad......and for some of us, a great-grandad. Of all of our accomplishments, having and rearing our children is by far our greatest achievement. We are truly blessed. :) There is no love on earth like a father's love for his children, or theirs for him.

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by The Detour

Last edited:
Reaction Score
TerpWomwnfan, you beat me to the punch. I was going to post a happy Father's Day greeting to honor and recognize all of the fathers here. I endorse it 100%. Happy Father's Day to ALL Boneyarders who are lucky enough to be a dad (or stepdad), especially a granddad......and for some of us, a great-grandad. Of all of our accomplishments, having and rearing our children is by far our greatest achievement. We are truly blessed. :) There is no love on earth like a father's love for his children, or theirs for him.

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by The Detour
Agree, we are here for a limited time so far most of us our kids are our legacy.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Don't give me a pipe wrench, give me 3 fishing lures!
NEVER give me a pipe wrench. One of the drawbacks of living in an older (not even really old, just 60 years) house is that EVERY plumbing project, no matter how simple, involves at least one extra trip to the DIY store for some unforeseen reason. Unfortunately around here, it's over $200 to have a plumber cross the threshold, so I'm willing to put up with a lot of aggravation.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
NEVER give me a pipe wrench. One of the drawbacks of living in an older (not even really old, just 60 years) house is that EVERY plumbing project, no matter how simple, involves at least one extra trip to the DIY store for some unforeseen reason. Unfortunately around here, it's over $200 to have a plumber cross the threshold, so I'm willing to put up with a lot of aggravation.
So true. Everything I tried to fix involved a lot of swearing and invariably it leaked, so I gave in to the plumber.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers!! May your day be filled with Love, Peace and Happiness!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
#2 Mepps, Rapala Original, Crankbait
Never had much luck with the Mepps. Panther Martins more my thing. And Happy Fathers Day to appease the thread god.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Never had much luck with the Mepps. Panther Martins more my thing. And Happy Fathers Day to appease the thread god.
If I were to select only one fishing lure for a survival kit it would be a silver #2 Mepps. The only change would be gold for trout.

I had a typical happy father's day (soon to be happy parent day?). I did the menu planning, the grocery shopping, most of the cooking ( Hot Italian sausage grinders with peppers and onions on the grill and an awesome pasta salad). My wife made dessert. I just finished loading the 1st load in the dishwasher. One more load to go. SOS different year.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I typically do my own plumbing. It ain't rocket science. However, yesterday I heard weird gurgling noises from the bathroom. The toilet was burping huge bubbles and they weren't rose scented. Next the downstairs shower starts to flood. All this as the washer and dishwasher are draining. I opened all but one of the drain system clean outs and everything was OK. I checked the vent stack and it was clear. The only remaining clean out is the one to the septic tank. I chickened out on that one, not wanting to wear a faceful of awful if that's where the problem is. I called a plumber - here it's $250+ at the threshold.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I typically do my own plumbing. It ain't rocket science. However, yesterday I heard weird gurgling noises from the bathroom. The toilet was burping huge bubbles and they weren't rose scented. Next the downstairs shower starts to flood. All this as the washer and dishwasher are draining. I opened all but one of the drain system clean outs and everything was OK. I checked the vent stack and it was clear. The only remaining clean out is the one to the septic tank. I chickened out on that one, not wanting to wear a faceful of awful if that's where the problem is. I called a plumber - here it's $250+ at the threshold.
My condolences . . . :oops:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The horror! I think you owe me a delicious grinder.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wh
So true. Everything I tried to fix involved a lot of swearing and invariably it leaked, so I gave in to the plumber.
When it comes to small plumbing repairs in our home, I use two rules of thumb suggested by Clint Eastwood’s Dirty Harry, and Kenny Rogers’ The Gambler......” a man has got to know his limitations”, and “You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away and know when to run.” Mastery of these two simple ideologies will save you a lot of time, money, and frustration, not to mention embarrassment. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom