Happy 8 Year Anniversary Jalen Adams Against Cincinnati AAC Tournament | The Boneyard

Happy 8 Year Anniversary Jalen Adams Against Cincinnati AAC Tournament

Reaction Score
I distinctly remember Cinci fans being absolutely livid and claiming Jalen traveled.

Reaction Score
I love watching the video. Other than the shot, I chuckle at the interanion between Jalen and Hamilton after the Cincy shot is made. Hamilton obviously wanted Jalen to inbound the ball. Both point at the ball for the other one to go get it, but the ball was closer to Hamilton and just Jalen walks up court......

Reaction Score
What I remember most about the game is the post game presser with Mick "pressure vessel" Cronin denying the results.
I still get a chuckle.

Reaction Score
Hasn't this been officially designated as Kobe Day? Dedicated to his interest in UConn basketball

Reaction Score
The Cincy fans always point to the score bug and complain that the clock didn‘t start on time. But the score bug wasn’t synched up with the real clock. There was a lag of .2. So even though the game clock started on time it took two tenths for the score bug to reflect it.

For a lark back then I used a stopwatch (well, the timer on my phone - don’t own a stopwatch) and repeatedly tried to time how long it took from touch to release. I concluded It took about .65. Maybe sometimes .60 and sometimes .72, but the mean was .65.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 44
Reaction Score
The Cincy fans always point to the score bug and complain that the clock didn‘t start on time. But the score bug wasn’t synched up with the real clock. There was a lag of .2. So even though the game clock started on time it took two tenths for the score bug to reflect it.

For a lark back then I used a stopwatch (well, the timer on my phone - don’t own a stopwatch) and repeatedly tried to time how long it took from touch to release. I concluded It took about .65. Maybe sometimes .60 and sometimes .72, but the mean was .65.
I'm impressed by the attention to detail to the timing of the shot. That said, what's a "score bug" and did the "lark" appreciate how much work you put into this? ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I coincidentally was driving from Tampa east the day after that game, we said what the hell and pulled over in Orlando. Parked a couple blocks from the arena for 5 bucks. Walked to the game without ticket, first guy wanted $150 for 2. I said no way, he says "after that shot yesterday, everyone wants tickets!" Yeah, right. 30 was my number, I bought from the first person who gave me 2 for 30. Nobody was there. We sat in loge box, nobody cared. That was the AAC semi-finals. So whenever I read "But MSG!", it irks me.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The only TVs in my office at the time were on the trading floor. I walked in and changed one of them from Bloomberg to the game. Couple of UConn alums worked there so I didn’t get much blowback. The floor became invested in the ending of the game and erupted when he hit this shot. Feel good moment before the subsequent dark years that followed…

Reaction Score
I love watching the video. Other than the shot, I chuckle at the interanion between Jalen and Hamilton after the Cincy shot is made. Hamilton obviously wanted Jalen to inbound the ball. Both point at the ball for the other one to go get it, but the ball was closer to Hamilton and just Jalen walks up court......
Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed that!

Reaction Score
Here's a question: How many of you were there for it? I was. Now don't lie, because there was only about 500 people there.......

Reaction Score
I went running out of a bar in Louisville screaming U. C. O. N . N ...UConn UConn UConn!! Mixed in with some other language because I thought the shot won the game . When I got home my roommate said "wow , this UConn Cincinnati game is still going " ... My jaw hit the floor in disbelief. Thankfully we pulled away in that fourth ot

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
My Dad and I were secondary market all week. 20 a game until finals. Lower level. We got on TV for that shot. Other than final game we had 2-3 empty seats around us. Town felt dead too. I hated the AAC.

Reaction Score
And then when they realized he didn’t travel it was “no way the clock started on time, you can’t turn and shoot in 0.8 seconds!”
This is exactly how every interaction went with my friends and family. I think I posted this highlight on FB that day and it was every comment haha. I think this sentiment was even on local radio

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom