Happy 19th anniversary | The Boneyard

Happy 19th anniversary

Reaction Score
We knew this day would come but still it is hard to process the fact that not a single prospective UConn student who graduated high school with their normal class will have been born prior to March 29th, 1999.

Reaction Score
We knew this day would come but still it is hard to process the fact that not a single prospective UConn student who graduated high school with their normal class will have been born prior to March 29th, 1999.
Its absolutely amazing to remember how unbelievable and incredible that first title was. We just couldnt seem to get over the hump for about 8 years that while filled with excitement always ended in disappointment. It was such a relief to finally get one and you figured itd take us another 8 years to get another but he we are in 2018 sitting on 4 National Titles. I still have to pinch myself every once in awhile and hit up You Tube and watch replays of the games.

Reaction Score
Being there was special. Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye ... oh to return to the top again!

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Life highlight, was awesome to be there. The Duke fans were so arrogant and confident before the game and nowhere to be found after. I thing our average time to bed that week was 5AM.

Reaction Score
Was there in Fl. in 99. Amazing nite ! Tate with his feet up in Ch. 30 box after the game. Sat right behind the Duke Crazys! Photo of Kalid at free throw line in my den.

Reaction Score
The greatest day in sports history. I once told me ex wife that it was the 3rd best day in my life after the days my two children were born. She said what about our wedding day. I told her that was 4th at best. No wonder she is my ex wife. Thank you Khalid, Rip, Ricky, Jake, KFree and the rest of the team. Most of all, thanks to Coach Calhoun.

C

Chief00

We will never forget that night in St. Pete. Tropicana Field will forever be sacred Husky ground. Got maybe two hours of sleep that night.

Great trip - I had a blast the entire time.

Reaction Score
dookplay5.jpg

Reaction Score
I think passing out should be forgiven.

Never! Boot, rally, repeat... We went to bed around 7 the next morning after the riot police forced us back to West Campus. Aside from the birth of my child, that was the best day/night of my life. Sorry wifey!

Reaction Score
In the parking lot smoking Cubano's, drinking beers. While all the the warm Florida night hearing people yelling, UCONN UCONN UCONN. sharing it with my brother, who passed last August. Tearing up, reliving it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Remember the arrogant Dookies' students chanting U-S-U-C-K, usuck, usuck, usuck, as a way to mock Big Red's cheer?
I asked a group of them outside after the game "who sucks now"?
Unbelievably, they said nothing, just moped away. Had to be so crushing to their fragile egos.

It was tough to hear much of anything from the Dookster fans while we were sitting right in the middle of the UCONN section. What I've never been able to figure out is that weird section of their students sitting up at the very top behind the basket. We watched as they filed in. Nosebleeders for sure.

We were surrounded by Husky fans, but at the start of the second half, a guy and his girl friend came and sat in the seats behind us. They were Puke fans. Why they chose to sit in the middle of the UCONN section will forever remain a mystery. They subjected themselves to what must have been a pretty awful fan experience for them, culminating in total embarrassment. Did they trade seats with UCONN fans, or just fill in a couple of seats left empty at halftime? Probably the latter.

Reaction Score

One of my fave aspects of that whole run is that Rash was the one who ended up w/ the ball in his hands. Absolutely loved Rash. He was a budding star his soph year, our leading scorer until Ricky got suspended and Rip had to become the defacto point guard and then Rash lost his shot. So he became a glue guy who would play hard nosed D and even played some 4 for us when needed. He never complained, never sulked, just played his testiculos off.

Reaction Score
I know that Joe D's call at the end included something along the lines of "It's all over!" which was one of Johnny Most's signiture phrases whenever the Celtics won a championship.

Does anyone know if this was purposeful, as some kind of tie-in with New England basketball history or something?

I've always wondered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom