Hailey Van Lith to LSU | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith to LSU

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Gee, what a surprise. I predicted this when she first entered the portal. I said SC or LSU.

My post from 2 weeks ago.......

Yep, LSU and by extension its alums were already pouring funds into the program...can only imagine how much their collective will have to work with now
That's right!!! I'll bet you a hotdog and a Dr. Pepper (I can't stand Coca-cola) that Kim gets a high-profile player (or two) from the portal this spring. She has that type of pull and magnetism. :) #sharpen"); border-style: none; max-width: none; height: auto; vertical-align: text-bottom;"> Ladeeeeda, you owe me a hotdog and a DP. :)

Kim has THAT kind of magnetism. This is why she has become formidable at LSU in only two years, and why she will remain so. LSU is a lot better this morning than they were yesterday. It's still early in "portal shopping." Kim may not be done yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gee, what a surprise. I predicted this when she first entered the portal.
True. You did but it is still a surprise when the dust finally settles. I wish Hailey Van Lith all the best at LSU.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Dance Dancing GIF by The .GIFYS

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congratulations and a tip 'o the turban to CONNCAN, he/she called it also:
In my opinion, NO DOUBT, Hailey Van Lith is headed off to play for Kim Mulkey and LSU (Oregon is a "Sinking Ship" with everyone bailing out of the program, so I can't see her going there). :cool: It didn't take Kim long to take LSU from worst to first.

Reaction Score
LSU ain't winning next year. Ask SC how difficult it is to repeat.
It’s hard, but with what they added and had coming in it’s very possible. They’re the front runner IMO. I’ll be interested to see how they gel

Reaction Score
They were already going to get better with Del Rosario and former #1 Mikaylah Williams coming in, now Mulkey and the Tigers add in elevated scoring with Van Lith and potentially Morrow still in the mix.

Reaction Score
It’s hard, but with what they added and had coming in it’s very possible. They’re the front runner IMO. I’ll be interested to see how they gel
They have the biggest personalities in the country for sure but I don't see how they are the front runner. I think they'd still need to add a few more pieces to IMO to be competitive with a healthy UConn team.

Reaction Score
They were already going to get better with Del Rosario and former #1 Mikaylah Williams coming in, now Mulkey and the Tigers add in elevated scoring with Van Lith and potentially Morrow still in the mix.
But, and I am sure coach Mulkey will address this throughout the season, all that talent does not equate to much. On paper, they will be scary. On the court, if there is zero chemistry and balance, it could be a disaster. Folks always bring up the Baylor years and why coach Mulkey could not win more titles when they had Brittney Griner. All about that chemistry.

Reaction Score
But, and I am sure coach Mulkey will address this throughout the season, all that talent does not equate to much. On paper, they will be scary. On the court, if there is zero chemistry and balance, it could be a disaster. Folks always bring up the Baylor years and why coach Mulkey could not win more titles when they had Brittney Griner. All about that chemistry.
I also think Del Rosario is a year or two away from contributing to a high level D1 team. And MiKaylah Williams will be great eventually but I see her contributions being more at the Kiki Rice level as a freshman than the Caitlin Clark/Paige level year one.
Hailey Van Lith is a scorer but if you compare them statistically, she's not a point guard and still a step down from Morris offensive efficiency wise.

I do think this makes LSU a top 3 team going into next year though if personalities can mesh.

Reaction Score
I’m not a betting man, but it would be interesting to see if the SC , LSU or UCLA betting lines for winning the Championship have changed based on their portal signings so far. In either SC or LSU also the DePaul player, yikes!!!

Reaction Score
I wish I knew what any of those numbers meant, lol. All I know is the lower the number, the better the odds, right?

It's like if u bet 100 dollars, you'd get 600 dollars (plus ur original amount) in return if u pick UConn to win. So the lower the number it means the higher the probability Vegas thinks it will happen.

Probably deserves its own thread but this should be fun and may be our first matchup.

Still a lot of talent in the portal. Between Morrow, Owusu, Diamond Johnson, Spear, I do think several teams can raise their ceiling

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Should be interesting at LSU. With #1 Mikaylah Williams coming in, and Van Lith with 2 years remaining that means Williams will be behind Van Lith for 2 years. Im sure she will get playtime and Van Lith has earned playtime. If Morrow goes to Louisville, well I dont think that will happen. It will me interesting to see how things develop at LSU at the guard spots.

Reaction Score
Well, what else can you say...LSU is west of Louisville after all.

Don't want to toot my own horn but I will.... :D

1682622911205.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom