Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know people like to tease things like this but Kim has been in this business for decades. I agree it presents a potential problem with the big egos and personalities (which were also present on this past LSU team). I imagine Kim lays down the ground work and expectations before letting recruits and transfers into the program with what their potential role is. If Hailey Van Lith were to join, she wouldn’t be jacking up 30 shots every game. It’s the team first. I don’t think she’s going to allow one player to ruin it for everyone in that locker room. Same thing goes to Reese.
Good luck!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I could see Lauren Betts choosing UCLA, given Cori Close was her coach of the u-19 U.S.A. team.
Interestingly, the center slot was largely shared by two "Laurens" then: Betts and Lauren Ware. Both are now in the portal.

As an ND fan, I'd be various degrees of happy if either Lauren decided to spend time in South Bend. However, won't get too high or too low. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
That must be why Sports New York (SNY) airs the majority of their games and related programming.:confused:

By the way, there is 6’4” young lady from Long Island who I am sure cares about UConn. She fits the profile of the top five recruit for 2024 mentioned by Geno and eliminates the need for Betts.
I understand the point from the standpoint of seasons beyond the upcoming one. But a very key difference is Betts can make a big difference this year, when our other options are two talented but first year players. This year every other position is loaded and we will have Paige back.

The year after, Paige may or may not be here, Aaliyah and Nika are likely gone, but by then Ice and Jana will have a year under their belt and should be significantly better. Betts, Koval, Tak, Ice and Jana are all interesting prospects. But the only addition to the two we have now that can lesson the dependency on two freshmen this year is Betts.

Reaction Score
I could see Lauren Betts choosing UCLA, given Cori Close was her coach of the u-19 U.S.A. team.
Interestingly, the center slot was largely shared by two "Laurens" then: Betts and Lauren Ware. Both are now in the portal.

As an ND fan, I'd be various degrees of happy if either Lauren decided to spend time in South Bend. However, won't get too high or too low. Stay tuned.
UCLA is my guess. I don’t think she’s coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
"IF" Lauren Betts choses UCLA, and it seems more likely by recent news, we
might see her in the Cayman Islands Tournament should UCONN and UCLA be in
the same Bracket: UCLA UCONN LSU Virginia
Tech, Virginia, etc. My guess is was WEST COAST, future Big 10 school,, and
playing with her former team USA coach, Cori Close, and, with Lauren as a
transfer/roster addition = a NC contender.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok sportsfans, I delinked the form so that it's no longer tracking anything.

Of the 3 folks said they would land at the same school, no one picked UCLA (UConn, LSU, ND). Oops.

Of the 34 intrepid guessers that said different schools, an overwhelming 12 guessed UCLA correctly for Betts.

The leading guess for Hailey Van Lith is LSU at 14, with Indiana a distant 2nd at 6.

From a NIL and branding perspective, I still think adidas schools are in play.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Betts started following a couple of UCLA assistant coaches on Instagram yesterday. Didn't notice that she started any other coaches.
It was so obvious back on April 9 . . . :D

Reaction Score
I’m glad it’s not ND. Cori had a great class a few years ago and look how that turned out. So, I’m not worried

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well that tweet didn't age very well. Substitute 5-8 Anna Dewolfe for 6-7 Lauren Betts and he was right on target.
This guy is a good news aggregator for ND recruiting but his predictions are bad.

He also didn't expect either Hidalgo or Prosper to choose ND.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My guess is UCLA for Betts, LSU or USC for Van Lith.

Regarding LSU, my bet is at least one of Hailey Van Lith, Owusu, or Rogers ends up there.
Great calls bballnut!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak