Guru's game report with lots of quotes | The Boneyard

Guru's game report with lots of quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“Remember when Geno said, “`Ihave Diana Taurasi and you don’t’?” Stringer said. “That’s what he means. Breanna’s the No. 1 player in the country, right? She’s the best player in the nation. It doesn’t mean they can’t be beaten but it’s Connecticut and everybody else.”

LINK

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
C. Viv was incredibly gracious yesterday.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow - Stringer indeed was very gracious. And I said in another post, their team played hard from start to finish. Did some really nice things and they future is bright there - they have a very well balanced team with some serious talent. They should do well in the Big 10...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, CViv was watching something happen on Sunday that hadn't gone down in 30 years at Rutgers, during which time they have had just two legendary coaches, Stringer and Theresa Grentz. You just don't travel to Rutgers and put up 94 points on them during the last three decades, or even 90 points. The last team to break 90 was reigning national champ and also that year's champ USC, who on January 8, 1984 beat Rutgers 95-80 there.

We were all watching something stupendous on Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Running an uptempo offense makes for a more exciting game; however, you can't forget about defense. Look at Oregon. Is the goal to score a lot of points or win? UConn does both, a rarity in any basketball league.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Wow - Stringer indeed was very gracious. And I said in another post, their team played hard from start to finish. Did some really nice things and they future is bright there - they have a very well balanced team with some serious talent. They should do well in the Big 10...

Thank you, yes I'm so excited to see how this team continues to grow this season, and next season. However, we need more size. It likely won't be in the 2014 class since we already signed two guards, and I think CVS was really going hard after Aja' Wilson...but we didn't make her short list...so we have to get much more size in the 2015 class.

Also apparently next year we'll be back to playing a very hard OOC schedule...an article today said that CVS mentioned we'll be playing Arkansas, LSU, Georgia, & Tennessee next season. I believe LSU, & Georgia will both be on the road.....Tennessee should be at home since we played at Tennessee last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom