Guesses on Season Ticket Numbers | The Boneyard

Guesses on Season Ticket Numbers

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Last number I’ve seen for season ticket holders was 9000 in 2018. I’m guessing we have about half of that as of now. Anything over 6000 for the 2022 season would be awesome IMO.

2021 season ticket pricing is below. What changes (if any) would you make for 2022 in pricing?

Attachments

• 20ADCA0C-3F56-43D2-A73B-DDABAB24AED9.jpeg
    20ADCA0C-3F56-43D2-A73B-DDABAB24AED9.jpeg
    584 KB · Views: 210
Reaction Score
I purchased 2 season tickets on black friday during their specials. Do we know what section that was for or am I selecting that option later in the process?

Reaction Score
I think Mora will generate some buzz and we will see an uptick in season tickets. Some early success (however you want to define that…..for me it’s not getting blown out and maybe some exciting offiense for first time in 10 years) will help overall fans in the seats.

No idea on his plans but Mora should be setting up meetings/zoom meetings with as many Companies as possible. Seems to me if I was in that position I would try and tap into all of the major Companies employee bases. So if he can somehow present to those masses and generate some excitement you can make a grass roots campaign to increase ticket sales.

Reaction Score
There is no rational reason to buy season tickets, and if you do there is no rational reason not to buy the cheapest tickets available and walk to whatever bench seat you want. Sitting between the 30 and 35 yard lines, I could have as many people as I wanted joining me from other seats any week. Those who buy season tickets, for now, are just doing so to support the program. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No idea on his plans but Mora should be setting up meetings/zoom meetings with as many Companies as possible.
Let's just have him put a team together, right now.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'd love to have season tickets, but getting to games from Florida is hard, but I might give my nephew and his wife (UConn Pharmacy grad) tickets...
I live out of state and bought two “husky value“ seats as a donation to the program. Total for both tickets for the entire season is like $80. I then donate my tickets to “Vet Tix” through UConn which is an organization designed to give veterans free tickets to sporting events. Worth considering if you want to support the program but can’t make games.

Reaction Score
I live out of state and bought two “husky value“ seats as a donation to the program. Total for both tickets for the entire season is like $80. I then donate my tickets to “Vet Tix” through UConn which is an organization designed to give veterans free tickets to sporting events. Worth considering if you want to support the program but can’t make games.
This is the way to do it. I then buy chair-backs for the couple of games I can get to when I know my schedule in the fall.

Reaction Score
and if you do there is no rational reason not to buy the cheapest tickets available and walk to whatever bench seat you want.
This. In my 13 seasons, I have never once sat in my actual seat

Reaction Score
Nice gesture, Drew.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I bought chair backs because I wanted to support the program. I have friends who buy the cheapest season ticket and waltz their way to seats next to me. Ultimately it is a personal decision on how one feels about the program and their role as a fan.

Reaction Score
At this point anyone going to game is supporting the program so I won’t judge anyone doing that. This past year was first time I did not get season tickets since I started buying in memorial stadium. Decided to just donate cash to program instead and went to as many games as I could (missed more than 1 home game for first time ever due to family weddings).

Reaction Score
I would consider buying some cheap seats and donating them if you can. It can really help fill the stadium and a lot of the people that receive the tickets wouldn’t be going otherwise. They may become paying fans of They like the product. Not all of the donated tickets go to people that can’t afford tickets. They go to veterans that want them, youth football teams and other organizations.

I went to my first basketball game in 1984 at the fieldhouse because a friend and his dad brought me. I was an instant UConn sports addict and I’ve invested tons of time and money into UConn sports since. Donating will definitely spark some new fandom. Just wait until Mora has the Rent rocking again for the first time, it will be a religious experience for all of us, but especially the ones that have never seen it before.

Reaction Score
There is no rational reason to buy season tickets, and if you do there is no rational reason not to buy the cheapest tickets available and walk to whatever bench seat you want. Sitting between the 30 and 35 yard lines, I could have as many people as I wanted joining me from other seats any week. Those who buy season tickets, for now, are just doing so to support the program. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
"Your honor I object!" Judge: "On what grounds?" Defendant: "The plaintiff's representation is confusing the jury!"
"How so?" Defendant: "I ask that you have the court reporter read back the testimony last presented."
"You will hear that it was stated in the first two sentences, there is no rational reason to buy season tickets."
"You will then hear in the last two sentences the rational reason to buy seasons tickets."
Judge " Objection is sustained." ;) :D

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If we sell one more season ticket than last year, take the W and move on.

Reaction Score
I can't sit during games. I can't stand sitting at my desk at work nevermind at a sporting event. So I find the concourse the perfect place to watch games, sample the beers, walk from end to end to follow the action. Given the prices, buyiny tix and donating them is the perfect solution. I think most home games will be packed, especially given the competition. It's a new day pal and this is our wake-up call.

Reaction Score
My guess is that there will be some pre-season hype leading into the 2022 season (which has been absent for a number of years now). And therefore the season ticket number will go up by some small percentage.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Been buying a couple of season tickets for several years now. I live in South Carolina and haven't used them, of course. The stipulation was to have them used for kids in the area or recruits and/or their families. Some way to get asses into seats. Only time I've been to a game was a couple years ago when I bought separate tickets for that game. (Navy destroyed us.) Somehow, I believe I've got to support the team and the University, even though I can't be there. This is small potatoes, I know. But it's something. I'm hoping that in the next year or so, under Jim Mora, there won't be tickets available for me to buy.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Last number I’ve seen for season ticket holders was 9000 in 2018. I’m guessing we have about half of that as of now. Anything over 6000 for the 2022 season would be awesome IMO.

2021 season ticket pricing is below. What changes (if any) would you make for 2022 in pricing?
Wow those tickets are cheap! Should be able to sell quite a few at that rate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom