Green Bay vs Mississippi St (10) - 11/29/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Green Bay vs Mississippi St (10) - 11/29/19

Reaction Score
Someone said in another thread, that the top 3 of the SEC was better than the top 3 of the ACC....... I dunno about that.

Louisville, NC State, Florida State

A&M, Miss St, South Carolina

I honestly don't see much of a difference at this point. Bout equal right now. Will get a much better grasp on some teams tomorrow

Reaction Score
Is it bad that I laughed that they had Promise Taylor in the front of a full court press? Poor girl is trying to just contribute some minutes coming back from her ankle stuff. Poor girl, she can't do that quite yet :D
She got a couple of steals doing it in the one game. I was in shock. I would definitely just send her back. Still some potential there, but she has a long way to go.

Nice win though. Green Bay beat Mizzou and hung with a really good USD team. They still have a long way to go.

Reaction Score
Just a personal thought.

I am not a fan of the current offense of dribbling back and forth side to side until someone gets open. I like some of the screen plays designed to get AEH and Bibby some good looks from 3 but outside of that I am not a fan of how the offense is run at all.

MSU has a lot of work to do. Not a #10 team right now.

I am not sure if its possible for AEH to shoot worse. She is straight up missing wide open shots. To be fair to her, she is playing very good defense right now. Carter would have almost 20 points if she could learn to make shots 2 feet from the basket. She has left a lot of points on the board. Whats crazy is she almost has a double double at half time.

I am not a fan of our offense either.

Carter has definitely disappeared the last 2 games.

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of our offense either.

Carter has definitely disappeared the last 2 games.
I’ve noticed teams are sagging on her and jamming up the lanes to the basket. The more I watch Carter the more I think the four is a better position for her. She is physical enough down low but it’s not her strength. She is better when she can face the basket and get put back baskets on the weak side. She is also quick enough to defend most four players. I hope P Taylor can continue to get back in shape and play more minutes at the five. She is a load down low.

Reaction Score
Starting to feel really good about the team, they play the entire game. We do seem susceptible to the 3 point shot. Believe Vic should go zone when the opponent is hitting from outside the arc but he loves the man to man defense. Can’t wait till tomorrow hope it is Stanford, then we will see just how good we are.

Reaction Score
Starting to feel really good about the team, they play the entire game. We do seem susceptible to the 3 point shot. Believe Vic should go zone when the opponent is hitting from outside the arc but he loves the man to man defense. Can’t wait till tomorrow hope it is Stanford, then we will see just how good we are.
I’m still seeing some areas where I’m very concerned. Obviously the lack of recovering when sagging off three point shooters when giving help defense, trying to simply out athlete for rebounds instead of strong boxouts, and lack of a second rebounder are all still issues. However I’m most concerned that other than J Carter, J Danberry and C Bibby we still don’t see other players putting distance between themselves and the other players.

Reaction Score
I’m still seeing some areas where I’m very concerned. Obviously the lack of recovering when sagging off three point shooters when giving help defense, trying to simply out athlete for rebounds instead of strong boxouts, and lack of a second rebounder are all still issues. However I’m most concerned that other than J Carter, J Danberry and C Bibby we still don’t see other players putting distance between themselves and the other players.
Rickea looking more Italian to me! Danberry is so quick, Bibby apparent 100%, Carter dominate every game, Myah better than I anticipated and appears to be real team leader, Mingo Young getting there, lots of effort by everyone. I am overjoyed with the team. Vic doing magic!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom