OT: - great voices | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: great voices

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A friend told me about this woman who apparently had been a prison guard but since this show has gone on to do well in London musical theatet

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just to prove that there are some male singers that I love:
I'm just the opposite. I much prefer male singers to female singers.

However, this lady, Meghan Parnell, has a voice I like. She can saaang.

I came across this band because the drummer is a drummer in another band I like.

Left Behind - Bywater Call

Reaction Score
Mary Fahl was the lead vocalist for October Project. The group never really caught on and only had a couple CDs.
Mary went solo after the group split up and I always really liked the tone of her voice.
This is a live cut from her solo career and it sounds much the same as the October Project studio version.
Be My Hero

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He always had a great voice. Not so sure about clearest and pure. He had some soul to it. This was when he was around 15 or 16, I believe. He was 14 when he and his brother (Muff) joined Spencer Davis.

Reaction Score
Doug Gray, lead singer of the Marshall Tucker Band. Deep and rich in tone, just a delight to the ears:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Here is one lady I could listen to all day.

First hour in Dublin we walked to the beautiful St Stephen’s Green Park and heard this amazing voice in the distance. It was the tail end of a Mary Black concert in the park. Fabulous. Had never heard of her before that. He song “%Ellis Island” is really great and touching

Reaction Score
"Ellis Island" was the song I was thinking of when I wanted to put Mary Black into this thread. Couldn't find it. Thanks for the link. I've loaded it up for all interested to listen to.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This thread has tickled my memory. There are really a lot of great voices in the pop worod. I guess I’m partial to female voices. Adele, Kelly Clsrkson, great voices. This link is to a good young British singer. This is a bit old now, Ella Henderson was 17 when this was recorded still pretty young. I like this song. As ann aside, I was at Johnny Mathis at UConn in the mid-60s (gulp) his voice was great but he had the worst stage presence of any great singer and I gather he never improved. You had to just close your eyes and listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom