Great read from a ND grad - who knew? | The Boneyard

Great read from a ND grad - who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's a great piece. Thanks for posting.

I really like this final part: "If you were, you’d already know what I found out in college. I’m not saying Notre Dame was some kind of perfect place, but I know this: When men’s and women’s players support each other on and off the court, basketball is better."

What I have noticed is that pretty much all the hate on WBB comes from (a) males, who (b) don't actually play basketball. Guys who can play, almost without exception, have respect for women who can play.

Reaction Score
Voices like Grant's are crucial. What struck me most about his article was that it came from a place of Grant's friendship with women. One would think most of the vitriol and ignorance that surface in conversations about the merits of the women's game would vanish if the spouters had not simply more (or any) meaningful relationships with women--but had specifically more relationships with women characterized by the equalizing, leveling mutuality of friendship.

It felt refreshing to read support not filtered through bureaucratic lip service or the spotlight heat of an on-air debate or twitter war. Just support. Written well because felt well. And felt from a place of friendship.

Reaction Score
If you keep scrolling at the end of that article you will come across an article by Candace Wiggins about the five toughest players she ever guarded - her comments about DT are quite edifying, calling her the greatest of all time !!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If you keep scrolling at the end of that article you will come across an article by Candace Wiggins about the five toughest players she ever guarded - her comments about DT are quite edifying, calling her the greatest of all time !!
Another damned fine aricle K5! Thanks for call attention to it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's a great piece. Thanks for posting.

I really like this final part: "If you were, you’d already know what I found out in college. I’m not saying Notre Dame was some kind of perfect place, but I know this: When men’s and women’s players support each other on and off the court, basketball is better."

What I have noticed is that pretty much all the hate on WBB comes from (a) males, who (b) don't actually play basketball. Guys who can play, almost without exception, have respect for women who can play.

As the father of two boys and two girls who were all athletes and the coach of a girls travel soccer team, those lines hit me.
Once I read those, I mouthed "Everything is better."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman