Grandma Kia Preps For Last Ride | The Boneyard

Grandma Kia Preps For Last Ride

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse Prepares For Her 'Grandma Year' At UConn

“It’s bittersweet,” Nurse said. “Honestly, not sure if I want to go into the real world yet. But the season goes so quickly once you start it and this has been a crazy ride, ups and downs, highs and lows.”

Nurse, with the perspective of three years behind her, sees this version of the Huskies molding into a unit.

“As every year happens and people leave and people come and roles change, there’s a little bit of cohesion that has to be built,” Nurse said. “I think every practice, as we play together, as we go through adversity within practice or we find success within practice, we find the ways of what works and what doesn’t work. And that cohesion is being built.”

"The challenge is channeling her energy.

“Everybody has a little thing that they’re trying to get better at and we’re constantly trying to slow Kia down a little bit,” Auriemma said. “She’s so competitive, she goes so hard. Sometimes she’s her own worst enemy. She outruns herself.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Harder and tougher than a titanium nut. I miss her already. Senior day is months away and I'm teary right now.
Rumor is that she’s taking the world-class high jumper with her. :(

Reaction Score
She's a world-class player for sure. I'm hoping she pulls out all the stops in her senior year. It's probably too much to hope for given the others who will be in the running, but I'd love to see her get a first team AA.

Reaction Score
One last request for Kia:"Help bring Amihere here ya hear."2019 fellow countryperson who is uber talented.She and Ezi from Australia appear to be carbon copies of each other with Cool Papa Bell quickness,(turn out the light to his bedroom and be in bed before the room got dark,or once was called out rounding second base when he was hit by a line drive he had hit himself.)What a tandem that would be.Might happen and if it did there wouldn't be many teams get a shot off within 15 feet all season.Throw in Ms. Brunelle,Boston,and a talented point guard for 2019 and Tony's prediction just might come true,(195-0).This is the kind of talent coming to Storrs if Geno does an ofer in 2018,and they may come even if Geno does sign someone in 2018.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One last request for Kia:"Help bring Amihere here ya hear."2019 fellow countryperson who is uber talented.She and Ezi from Australia appear to be carbon copies of each other with Cool Papa Bell quickness,(turn out the light to his bedroom and be in bed before the room got dark,or once was called out rounding second base when he was hit by a line drive he had hit himself.)What a tandem that would be.Might happen and if it did there wouldn't be many teams get a shot off within 15 feet all season.Throw in Ms. Brunelle,Boston,and a talented point guard for 2019 and Tony's prediction just might come true,(195-0).This is the kind of talent coming to Storrs if Geno does an ofer in 2018,and they may come even if Geno does sign someone in 2018.
Yes, let's get Amihere ... and Macbegor. Laeticia dunked at age 15. Her upside is incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom