2020 Recruiting: - Grad Transfer G Tahj Eaddy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Grad Transfer G Tahj Eaddy

Reaction Score
He was second team All-WCC a year ago. Staff must see something they like. Guessing this means Gilbert is gone though..

Reaction Score
Am I missing something here? His numbers aren’t that good.

A 37% 3-pointer shooter for his career at volume, which would have been second on the team behind only Polley (team was 211th in the country in 3P%). This team could use a Craig Austrie. I think this guy could very nicely fill this role coming off the bench behind Bouk.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kid is probably a better shooter from 3 than his % says this year (pretty good ft shooter), but he appears to be in the Evans/Anderson/DO class of grad transfers.
Am I missing something here? His numbers aren’t that good.
I'm quite perplexed with this one

All for a 5th ball handler tho, but would rather a guy like Nolley obviously

based on his numbers and metrics, unless there’s some extenuating circumstances....I stand by this.

now I hope if this kid comes out here that he proves me wrong. I’ll be happy to be wrong. But I’m just keeping it real here.

Reaction Score
Does Hurley prefer this guy as a 1 year great transfer/extra guard over committing to Nolley for 3 years?

Maybe he envisions chasing more talented guards in the following draft class?

Reaction Score
Does Hurley prefer this guy as a 1 year great transfer/extra guard over committing to Nolley for 3 years?

Maybe he envisions chasing more talented guards in the following draft class?
I would imagine this is the other way around and him just checking every avenue in case he has to go to plan B or C

Reaction Score
I would imagine this is the other way around and him just checking every avenue in case he has to go to plan B or C

Right. That's what we would have all thought. But if he's targeting Nolly why offer Eaddy? Do we think offers are made conditionally, if player 1 doesn't come here you're our second choice?

During regular recruiting I get casting a wide net, but during the transfer period there's limited players and limited scholarships available.

If Eaddy says tomorrow I want to play at Uconn? Do they tell him great but we're waiting to hear from Nolly first..?

Interested how that's handled.

Reaction Score
Right. That's what we would have all thought. But if he's targeting Nolly why offer Eaddy? Do we think offers are made conditionally, if player 1 doesn't come here you're our second choice?

During regular recruiting I get casting a wide net, but during the transfer period there's limited players and limited scholarships available.

If Eaddy says tomorrow I want to play at Uconn? Do they tell him great but we're waiting to hear from Nolly first..?

I thought I read that there can’t be any visits until April 15. I know guys can commit without a visit but it’s probably not likely.

Reaction Score
I thought I read that there can’t be any visits until April 15. I know guys can commit without a visit but it’s probably not likely.
Yeah there can be no visits until at least April 15 so I'd expect a lot more guys to go the Bryce Aiken route (who said he wants to wait until this ends and take visits to campuses) over Brycen Goodine who already committed to Providence

Reaction Score
These offers, like all offers, have to be conditional. Think about how many offers a team makes when recruiting. While he doesn't appear to be the best option, he also isn't the worst backup plan for a year if Gilbert leaves.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Gotta assume first scholarship is for a big (Rim protector) And if AG leaves, we need a guard.
i think we can make an educated guess where the first scholarship comes from.

Reaction Score
Gotta assume first scholarship is for a big (Rim protector) And if AG leaves, we need a guard.
i think we can make an educated guess where the first scholarship comes from.

the one we self sanctioned ourself with for this year?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
What was the cause of his reduction in minutes and productivity this year. I would rather have Fatts or AG back then this guy. Hurley is def casting that wide net though which is a good thing. The yankees system does that where they see something in a player that they think they can develop even though he hasn't been super successful yet.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m totally perplexed by this. He lost his starting job and production fell off. He’ll be 24 years old, only 6’1ish. I don’t get it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You can take a lot of these reports with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Not a bad list, but there's gotta be a good chance the CT kid returns to UConn!

Can play a bigger role in a pinch, but will sign in to play a valuable depth piece as the third or fourth guard.

He's a perfect grad transfer fit.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley keeping busy, finding ways to get UConn men ready for ‘the most anticipated season we’ve had in a while’

“Because of where we’re at,” he said, “the number of guys we’re bringing back who we invested in this year, I have the flexibility to look for qualities we may be missing [rather than by position], whether that’s toughness, shooting, playmaking. The way the season ended we’re returning four starters. Losing Christian is a big loss, that will leave a void. So it’s more qualities that we’re looking for, people who are excited about joining a team that is potentially ready to really win, returning to the Big East and be one of the most watched programs in college basketball next year.

“In The American, we had to educate people, parents, coaches, people we were recruiting, about how much better league was than they thought. The Big East speaks for itself. For a kid to be part of a re-emerging program, back in Big East, with the level of excitement, types of arenas, chance to play in the Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden, it kind of fills that last gap. There’s no longer a reason for a kid to call us and say ‘I don’t want to go to UConn.’ That conference piece, for UConn, being where we are located, is critical.”

Reaction Score
I think if we land Nolley we would still go after another guard rather than a big. After reading about the encouraging progress Akok is making and looking at how Polley, Nolley, and Jackson can all play the 4 in a small ball lineup I don't think we are as desperate for another big. Eaddy looks like he could be a solid ball handler off the bench for us.

If we don't land Nolley I think it's clear that we'll go after 1 guard and 1 big.

Reaction Score
If we get Nolley, then I think Eaddy makes more sense. I don’t think we’re getting Nolley and Russell. But I think we need depth at guard with Vital and Gilbert both leaving. Of course, a Sanogo or Etienne reclass changes things. Let’s say Sid leaves. I don’t like speculating about individuals, I still think he has talent, yada, yada, yada, but he has been suspended multiple times. Here’s our potential roster:

G - Bouknight, Cole, Gaffney, Adams, Eaddy
F - Nolley, Jackson, Springs, Polley, Akok?
C - Whaley, Carlton, Javonte Brown Ferguson

That’s a top-25 team with Sweet 16 potential.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert and Vital are both gone, Hurley has mature leadership to replace their minutes. This kid can penetrate and dish and hit open threes. Clearly, Hurley doesn't
feel Cole can handle the job alone and Gaffney`s handle and shooting are still suspect.

No, the fact that Hurley intends to fill an open scholarship does not mean he doesn't believe in Cole and Gaffney. It means he wants to go into next year with 13 players.

Sheesh.

Reaction Score
If we get Nolley, then I think Eaddy makes more sense. I don’t think we’re getting Nolley and Russell. But I think we need depth at guard with Vital and Gilbert both leaving. Of course, a Sanogo or Etienne reclass changes things. Let’s say Sid leaves. I don’t like speculating about individuals, I still think he has talent, yada, yada, yada, but he has been suspended multiple times. Here’s our potential roster:

Exactly, and we take our chances that all 4 of our bigs (Whaley, Carlton, Springs, Javonte Brown Ferguson) stay healthy throughout the year.
Also maybe Hurley can convince Etienne to come on as a walk on like he did with Akok?!

Reaction Score

This would be a great study in recruiting tactics if we could have a beer with the coaches.

"Conspiracy Kitty" (where is she when we need her) would probably say Hurley's throwing stuff at the wall, for public consumption, to throw other programs off as to what he really wants to do.

My guess is he sees specific needs he'd like to fill or shore up and sees something in each of the players we've been linked with that would benefit the team next year. Must have others in mind for the following year or he wouldn't be chasing one year transfers........or maybe not. Who knows at this point?

But all these rumors have us excited and that will be good for the soon to be distributed season ticket order forms for next year.

Reaction Score

Easily. That team has both talent and depth at every position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom