2020 Recruiting: - Grad Transfer G Tahj Eaddy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Grad Transfer G Tahj Eaddy

Reaction Score

sounds like this is first come first served. I like that Hurley isnt just holding out for the nolleys of the world and then being left with nothing. that was the KO classic.

edit- would still love an underclassman front court transfer if we get eaddy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Hurley was burned by holding out for Kofi.

We finished 20 spots above our KenPom pre-season projection, we signed Javonte Brown Ferguson, and Kofi had a 13 & 8 with the 10th most win shares in one of the best conferences in recent memory as a freshman. I don't see the mistake.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We finished 20 spots above our KenPom pre-season projection, we signed Javonte Brown Ferguson, and Kofi had a 13 & 8 with the 10th most win shares in one of the best conferences in recent memory as a freshman. I don't see the mistake.
Pure speculation but I believe Hurley put an inordinate amount of recruitment energy for Kofi (rightfully so given your accurate statement and positive feedback Kofi was a UConn lean) but at the expense of plan b and plan c.

My statement, again speculation, is that Hurley had his own letdown in recruiting and this lesson was the more likely change in his current recruitment than bendm suggestion KO showed him the way.

Reaction Score

Kofi was exactly the sort of recruit you go all-in on.

Reaction Score
Re: recruitment of bigs

They felt there were only a handful of guys that fit two criteria: they had at least a chance to get them and they were low-risk players (meaning they expected them to be good pretty much right away). That’s who they focused on. Unfortunately, they didn’t get those guys. Those recruiting efforts took place in a context where the team was still in the AAC and the program, for whatever past success it’s had, was in a low point. You’ve seen how this staff manages a roster- they didn’t want to reach on a guy to just take up a roster spot when they felt confident that it would be easier to recruit players in the future. You can argue it wasn’t the right approach and they should have done something different. Maybe that’s true, but they had an overall plan to get the program back. It’s on track so far.

But about Tahj...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Re: recruitment of bigs

They felt there were only a handful of guys that fit two criteria: they had at least a chance to get them and they were low-risk players (meaning they expected them to be good pretty much right away). That’s who they focused on. Unfortunately, they didn’t get those guys. Those recruiting efforts took place in a context where the team was still in the AAC and the program, for whatever past success it’s had, was in a low point. You’ve seen how this staff manages a roster- they didn’t want to reach on a guy to just take up a roster spot when they felt confident that it would be easier to recruit players in the future. You can argue it wasn’t the right approach. but they had an overall plan to get the program back. It’s on track so far.

But about Tahj...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom