Good Read on Saylor Poffenbarger | The Boneyard

Good Read on Saylor Poffenbarger

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
In addition to being outstanding players, Saylor and her classmates all seem to be very mature, hardworking, and unselfish. They will all be great teammates. Ditto the Class of 2020.

No surprise that Geno saw all of that, its what he looks for.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It seems the only way around that is to snip a portion and copy it into the post. I get that they want to drive traffic to their site, but there will always be a way around it LOL...

1586628807018.png

Reaction Score
One of the most complete high school players I have seen in some time. Great shooter and when needed can pound the boards, create offense and play defense. While rarely mentioned, suspect she will be in running for starting role by end of season.

Reaction Score
One of the most complete high school players I have seen in some time. Great shooter and when needed can pound the boards, create offense and play defense. While rarely mentioned, suspect she will be in running for starting role by end of season.
She looks really good. I watched all the film I could of her. She has great range (remembering where the high school 3 line is she is well beyond it), a left hand and is a big guard at 6'2" who can rebound as well. She will have to work on speed and strength but she is much further advanced in both of those areas than what you would expect from a high school junior. I don't agree about being in the running to start. She will have CW, Liv, Anna, Audrey and potentially even Evina ahead of her for the 2021-2022 season not to mention the 2020 incredible recruits. A great recruit she is and a future star yes, but she has to go through the process like everyone else except, as Geno says, Maya. Even DT had to go through it and she became the GOAT.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It seems the only way around that is to snip a portion and copy it into the post. I get that they want to drive traffic to their site, but there will always be a way around it LOL...

View attachment 52958

I read the entire article on my cellphone.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I sense a second career in the offing. Not keen on those big, puffy steering wheel covers though.

Reaction Score
Great signing. Looks strong and picture her gaining muscle with 1-2 years of UConn style work outs. That being said, hoping in future we don't have to listen to too many of these comments -" she will get stronger, needs to lift weights, will grow into body, etc." A couple of "beast mode" bigs would be welcome.;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great signing. Looks strong and picture her gaining muscle with 1-2 years of UConn style work outs. That being said, hoping in future we don't have to listen to too many of these comments -" she will get stronger, needs to lift weights, will grow into body, etc." A couple of "beast mode" bigs would be welcome.;)
Recently, I ran across a video of Saylor as a freshman. She was built like Ann Strother then. I think she has added 10+ pounds of muscle since. Look at her highlights and watch her put a 50' chest pass on the money for a fast break. Saylor also scores through contact. She's already pretty strong. And she just turned 17 today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

While I agree with your comment I prefer sending a new player to the weight room to trying to teach them how to shoot or handle a ball. I've seen players develop strong bodies in college but never saw a poor HS scorer become a great college one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saylor, not surprisingly, was named the Frederick County, MD POY. Congrats to her!

“She recorded three triple-doubles and was a steal away from a quadruple-double against Thomas Johnson. She ranked high on the county scoring leaders list with 21.2 ppg and led the county in rebounds (12.7) and assists (5.5) per game.”

This kid can play!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom