OT: - Golf - Bummer for Rahm | The Boneyard

OT: Golf - Bummer for Rahm

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
After shooting one of the best rounds of his career and taking control of the Memorial with a 6 stroke lead, his morning COVID test came back positive (twice) and he has been withdrawn from the tournament. Sucks for him for sure. Has to stay isolated until two days before the US Open.

And for golf betters out there, it's considered a post tee off withdrawal and bets will not be refunded.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
After shooting one of the best rounds of his career and taking control of the Memorial with a 6 stroke lead, his morning COVID test came back positive (twice) and he has been withdrawn from the tournament. Sucks for him for sure. Has to stay isolated until two days before the US Open.

And for golf betters out there, it's considered a post tee off withdrawal and bets will not be refunded.
Guessing with a 6 stroke lead, he was asymptomatic.

Reaction Score
Absolutely ridiculous to force him to withdraw. Let him go play the final round by himself or with his caddie if he wants. They just cost him potentially $1.4M because of that crap. There is literally zero risk of spread outdoors on a wide open golf course.

And apparently he’s vaccinated so it’s literally not his fault. Not letting him finish the tournament is terrible. Costs him points in the FedEx Cup too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The rules are ridiculous, nobody gets the virus outdoors. If he didn't get vaccinated it's on him and he's a dumbarse. We'll find out soon enough I would imagine.

Reaction Score
Absolutely ridiculous to force him to withdraw. Let him go play the final round by himself or with his caddie if he wants. They just cost him potentially $1.4M because of that crap. There is literally zero risk of spread outdoors on a wide open golf course.

And apparently he’s vaccinated so it’s literally not his fault. Not letting him finish the tournament is terrible. Costs him points in the FedEx Cup too

There are people saying he received the first dose of the vaccine recently right AFTER the exposure he had. Probably panicked. That may or may not be true. Just Twitter chatter.

The PGA has essentially indirectly confirmed he is not vaccinated. Fully vaccinated people, even when exposed, are not subject to the contact tracing, distancing, and testing he endured.

He wasn’t vaccinated. He knew the risks in not vaccinating. I hope he remains asymptomatic. I hope his family and no one around him get sick. But i don’t feel sorry for him for having to withdrawal. He decided to take the risk and not vaccinate. This is the consequence he chose.

Reaction Score
I picked Collin in one and done. Worried about the contact trace impact

Reaction Score
There are people saying he received the first dose of the vaccine recently right AFTER the exposure he had. Probably panicked. That may or may not be true. Just Twitter chatter.

The PGA has essentially indirectly confirmed he is not vaccinated. Fully vaccinated people, even when exposed, are not subject to the contact tracing, distancing, and testing he endured.

He wasn’t vaccinated. He knew the risks in not vaccinating. I hope he remains asymptomatic. I hope his family and no one around him get sick. But i don’t feel sorry for him for having to withdrawal. He decided to take the risk and not vaccinate. This is the consequence he chose.
Doesnt change the fact that there is scientifically zero risk of transmission outdoors on a wide open golf course. He could easily play by himself wearing a mask and not be a “threat” to anyone at all. The PGA rules is a total joke

Reaction Score

He could have been vaccinated and not worried. Sucks to be that stupid.

Reaction Score
Doesnt change the fact that there is scientifically zero risk of transmission outdoors on a wide open golf course. He could easily play by himself wearing a mask and not be a “threat” to anyone at all. The PGA rules is a total joke
Sure it does. Look around at the hundreds and thousands of people there. Vendors. TV crew. Tour crew. Course maintenance. He doesn’t spend every hour of the tournament outdoors. He has a locker room. He has press responsibilities. As a champion he would have countless procedural and ministerial duties. He isn’t going to be completely isolated just because the game is played outside.

Why should he be allowed to have special treatments? There is a mechanism in place for him to avoid this. It’s called the vaccine. If he wanted to avoid this situation. He should have taken it.

How would it be fair to others who have taken the vaccine expecting to reap its benefits if he would be given special treatment?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Doesnt change the fact that there is scientifically zero risk of transmission outdoors on a wide open golf course. He could easily play by himself wearing a mask and not be a “threat” to anyone at all. The PGA rules is a total
There are protocols in place for a reason. Not everything is about being on the course. There are locker rooms, score recording areas, etc. that are not open air places.

You can't be arbitrary about them. Would you really care if he was 47th with no chance to win?

Not sure if he could have gotten US vaccinations, so I'm willing to cut him some slack about not being fully vaccinated at this point.

Reaction Score
We've been insane about outdoor transmission for the past 15 months when there is virtually no outdoor transmission. On the day the CDC said fully vaxxed no longer have to wear masks indoors, Sanjay Gupta said on air there is no evidence there has been any transmission outdoors, none. Still this is on Rahm, he knew the rules and is a total idiot for not getting vaxxed.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
First off it sucks he tested positive but he entered the tournament knowing the rules. If he was not vaccinated that’s on him. He lost 1 million+ because of the decisions he made.

I live in Muirfield Village and am just glad to see fans coming back into Dublin after being gone last year. Though crowds not what they are use to, a return to normalcy feels good. Great event, great course, though could do without the drunks stumbling down the paths at night into my yard.

Reaction Score
Sure it does. Look around at the hundreds and thousands of people there. Vendors. TV crew. Tour crew. Course maintenance. He doesn’t spend every hour of the tournament outdoors. He has a locker room. He has press responsibilities. As a champion he would have countless procedural and ministerial duties. He isn’t going to be completely isolated just because the game is played outside.

Why should he be allowed to have special treatments? There is a mechanism in place for him to avoid this. It’s called the vaccine. If he wanted to avoid this situation. He should have taken it.

How would it be fair to others who have taken the vaccine expecting to reap its benefits if he would be given special treatment?

Yeah there’s absolutely no way they could ever figure out a way to let him play without going into the locker room. And of course those media responsibilities are entirely unavoidable. And those greens keepers who cut the grass 8 hrs before he tees off will be at serious risk.

I get it. He knew the risk if he didn’t get vaccinated. But the reasons you listed are ridiculous. None of those “hundreds of thousand of people” will ever have any reason to be within 20 yards of him the entire day. It would be extremely easy to let him play and not risk anyone whatsoever. Not to mention, I’m guessing the majority of the people there are already vaccinated anyways.

Rules are rules. That’s all you need to say without making all those ridiculous arguments.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I pretty much agree with that, especially as asymptomatic. although if he hasn’t been vaccinated he was open to a problem. I wonder at what point his results were known, meaning why let him play the whole round if he was going to be forced to withdraw. Total screw up.

Reaction Score
So he quarantines and maybe he will be back at the Travelers Championship again this year since it’ll be the week after his quarantine is over. Will be fun to watch him the rest of the year

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First off it sucks he tested positive but he entered the tournament knowing the rules. If he was not vaccinated that’s on him. He lost 1 million+ because of the decisions he made.

I live in Muirfield Village and am just glad to see fans coming back into Dublin after being gone last year. Though crowds not what they are use to, a return to normalcy feels good. Great event, great course, though could do without the drunks stumbling down the paths at night into my yard.
Small world. My son lives in Dublin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Bingo.

Great response.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom