Gold Medal Game | The Boneyard

Gold Medal Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So it comes to this final game at 2:30 PM NBC.
Why Team USA women's basketball will win gold

My totally crazy with no basis whatsoever projection:
1. Sue Bird will not only plays, but she will start.
2. Taurasi, Moore, Charles and Griner will be the other starters. In other words, no change.
3. Spain will be a very tough team and will be down less than 10 points at half time.
4. US will win by 30 points or more.
Waiting anxiously to see that all my projections are wrong!!!

Reaction Score
So it comes to this final game at 2:30 PM NBC.
Why Team USA women's basketball will win gold

My totally crazy with no basis whatsoever projection:
1. Sue Bird will not only plays, but she will start.
2. Taurasi, Moore, Charles and Griner will be the other starters. In other words, no change.
3. Spain will be a very tough team and will be down less than 10 points at half time.
4. US will win by 30 points or more.
Waiting anxiously to see that all my projections are wrong!!!
Agree completely.
Any one care to join me and my buddy at Buffalo Wings down the street from the Danbury Mall for the game and some chow?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I don't expect to see another 40 point blowout against Spain. I think Spain will play like France did and keep the game competitive until sometime in the 3rd quarter. USA should win comfortably by approx 20 points. Spain's guards will have to have a HUGE game, if they want to pull off the upset. I like Spain's guards and in this game they will cause problems for the USA guards.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Interesting picture in that story you've linked to. Clearly, it's now time for the "how tall is everyone but Brittney Griner ?" debate. Is Diana only 5'8", then? How much height does BG take from the crown of her head to the tip of her chin? If she really is 6'8", and the distance crown-to-chin is 18 inches, Sue and D are 5'5"...just a thought...

Reaction Score
France is in trouble vs Serbia. 7-18 with 2 min left in the 1rst Q. Nothing is WRITTEN, nothing is given.

Reaction Score
France 27 Serbia 27 at half time. Great comeback by France. The French PG #22 reminds me of MoJeff.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
France is in trouble vs Serbia. 7-18 with 2 min left in the 1rst Q. Nothing is WRITTEN, nothing is given.
The refs in this game are horrendous.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think that Geno starts Catchings for Griner as it is Catch's last Olympics.

That would be unusual, since Fowles is Griner's back up and Ndour - all 6'6" of her - is Griner's responsibility. You could start Catch for Maya, but do you want to let sentiment rule decision making in a game for Olympic Gold?

Reaction Score
Catch was hurt in the France game if I remember correctly. This a gold medal game, I am sure that Geno would not start or play Sue if he thinks she is not game ready.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't expect to see another 40 point blowout against Spain. I think Spain will play like France did and keep the game competitive until sometime in the 3rd quarter. USA should win comfortably by approx 20 points. Spain's guards will have to have a HUGE game, if they want to pull off the upset. I like Spain's guards and in this game they will cause problems for the USA guards.
I agree. We beat Spain by only 13 in the FIBA gold medal game. I think 15-20 today. Spain will play all out today.

Reaction Score
Serbia won the bronze. France played a terrible game, so many missed shots, turnovers.

Reaction Score
Traveling with a horrible old ipad, so please forgive mist. I think BG has come a long way, and the team will need her in 4 years against Cambage. The is an investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom