Goal for the last 6 games... | The Boneyard

Goal for the last 6 games...

Reaction Score
... other than hoping we can maybe win four of our last 6 games at least, I think the true goal of this team is to be able to focus on making in game adjustments after mistakes... and, becoming a legit 2nd half team... we showed we could overcome our mistakes and got stronger as the 2nd half progressed... If we can do this it's gonna be a fun ride the rest of the way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Some things I'd like to see throughout the year

• Progress from QB on making reads, not taking bad sacks
  • Better coverage from the secondary
  • Someone who can make a fair catch
  • Progress on kickoffs/special teams in general
  • The semblance that this team is getting better overall

Reaction Score
Win 3 more and it is a building block with some momentum for next season. The impact of the Fresno W cannot be understated if we can parlay a few Ws.

Reaction Score
They are six games that they should be able to be competitive in. Liberty is good, and army tough. But the other 4 are bottom 30 teams.

Reaction Score
IMO, Liberty and BCU are the toughest ones by far.. I feel like the Army game will be a lot more competitive than any/everybody currently believes.. We've been playing much much better on defense under JM... even though it's the triple option... I think the bigger, stronger (more so than the faster, in terms of speed, part.. BUT we'll be playing faster, and not thinking too much) element will show up in that game for us... Liberty is on my birthday weekend.. what a nice birthday present to see us pull that one off... Like it or not BCU will be a tough game for us... they're a bigger physical team up front.. I still hope we kick their tails though...

Reaction Score
IMO, Liberty and BCU are the toughest ones by far.. I feel like the Army game will be a lot more competitive than any/everybody currently believes.. We've been playing much much better on defense under JM... even though it's the triple option... I think the bigger, stronger (more so than the faster, in terms of speed, part.. BUT we'll be playing faster, and not thinking too much) element will show up in that game for us... Liberty is on my birthday weekend.. what a nice birthday present to see us pull that one off... Like it or not BCU will be a tough game for us... they're a bigger physical team up front.. I still hope we kick their tails though...
They all are going to be tough games.

I think BC is terrible, but they theoretically should be much better and more talented than UConn even in their diminished state. We'll see. If UConn beats FIU, then I would start to look at it more. If they get to 4-4, then I think it is plausible trying to get them to split the final for for a 6-6 finish.

But, y gotta followup this past weeks win with a well played, solid win this week.

Reaction Score
They all are going to be tough games.

But, y gotta followup this past weeks win with a well played, solid win this week.
Agreed. Huge game this weekend... Huge...

Reaction Score
... other than hoping we can maybe win four of our last 6 games at least, I think the true goal of this team is to be able to focus on making in game adjustments after mistakes... and, becoming a legit 2nd half team... we showed we could overcome our mistakes and got stronger as the 2nd half progressed... If we can do this it's gonna be a fun ride the rest of the way...
I just want to win one game at a time.

Reaction Score
They are six games that they should be able to be competitive in. Liberty is good, and army tough. But the other 4 are bottom 30 teams.
No way is BC a bottom 30 team. Bottom 30 teams don’t beat a team like Louisville.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that there will be enough healthy players to finish off the schedule
I really want to see the secondary tighten things up and read the QBs eyes (meaning they have to face in that direction when covering their opponent. Better tackling overall but it seems to be an annoying characteristic of UConn football in recent history.
On offense - can they please throw a few balls to the TEs?
It was a great effort last weekend and hopefully this team will feed off that mojo.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
According to CBS, Louisville, BC, and UConn are 67, 87, and 122, respectively.

Remaining opponents are:
FIU 124
Ball State 105
BC 87
UMass 131
Liberty 55
Army 103

Reaction Score
According to CBS, Louisville, BC, and UConn are 67, 87, and 122, respectively.

Remaining opponents are:
FIU 124
Ball State 105
BC 87
UMass 131
Liberty 55
Army 103
Where exactly do you find the entire FBS rankings? Google makes it hard...extremely hard to find.

Reaction Score
Where exactly do you find the entire FBS rankings? Google makes it hard...extremely hard to find.
Google "FBS rankings" and CBS is like the third or fourth one along with every other ranking there is out there of all the teams.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Using Google:

A carpenter doesn't blame his/her tools. ;)

Reaction Score
Neither are nearly as good as they have been in recent years.

Reaction Score
After tonight's convincing, but not perfect, win against FIU.....6 wins???????Ummmmm....why not?
Me thinks we got a real shot, barring injury, with the way everybody's buying in...

I think we had a slight let down in the 2nd half....which will/should get corrected this week.

No cake walk at Ball State whatsoever, but, if our D keeps holding up, and our O can make a few corrections during this upcoming prep week, I think we should be fine. I expect a closer game all the way through though.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom