Giants next head coach? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Giants next head coach?

Reaction Score
At least Giants fired their coach and aren’t dragging it out like the Cowboys

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Prefer Rhule, but would be cool with McCarthy. I don't care how much the narrative around him soured, but he won a Super Bowl and had the Packers in the playoffs every damn year for a decade.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
At least Giants fired their coach and aren’t dragging it out like the Cowboys

Rumor has it Jerry's just not going to reup Garrets contract when it expires on 1/14. Won't have to fire him and will just move on.

Reaction Score
Prefer Rhule, but would be cool with McCarthy. I don't care how much the narrative around him soured, but he won a Super Bowl and had the Packers in the playoffs every damn year for a decade.
He had the most talented qb in the history of football. McCarthy sucks.

Reaction Score
Rich Kotite is available. Make the call. The dynamic duo of Gettleman and Kotite is the change the game needs.

Reaction Score
Right, I forgot winning multiple Super Bowls is easy.
Was it getting his d*** kicked in multiple times by Coughlin at home or the other playoff home losses with Favre and Rodgers as his qb's that impressed you the most?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Was it getting his d*** kicked in multiple times by Coughlin at home or the other playoff home losses with Favre and Rodgers as his qb's that impressed you the most?

What impressed me was making the playoffs 9 out 13 seasons. Making 4 conference title games. Winning the Super Bowl.

There's been a lot of coaches with great QBs who didn't win anything.

Who's on your list?

Reaction Score
What impressed me was making the playoffs 9 out 13 seasons. Making 4 conference title games. Winning the Super Bowl.

Who's on your list?
I would take every name mentioned in this thread already and Pat Shurmur back before McCarthy

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would take every name mentioned in this thread already and Pat Shurmur back before McCarthy

Makes sense. Take the guy with the 7th lowest winning percentage as an NFL HC in league history over a SB winner.

Reaction Score

Who's on your list?
The guy went 31-28 his last 4 seasons with Aaron friggin Rodgers as his qb and lost a buttload of home playoff games. He would be one of the last people I would ever want coaching the Giants.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The guy went 31-28 his last 4 seasons with Aaron friggin Rodgers as his qb and lost a buttload of home playoff games. He would be one of the last people I would ever want coaching the Giants.

2015: 10-6, playoffs 1-1. Road loss at Arizona.
2016: 10-6, playoffs 2-1. Road loss at Atlanta.
2017: 4-3 with Rodgers. 3-6 with backup when Rodgers was injured.
2018: 4-7-1. Fired.

So in reality that 28-22-1 with Rodgers.

In Rodgers first year as the starter they went 6-10, but then made the playoffs 8 straight seasons.

That just all sounds so horrible.

Reaction Score
Yes, good God, yes.

His biggest defense is that some of his mid-round picks have been good...which makes him being horrendous in the first round even worse! The Leonard Williams trade! He's done about 12 insta-fire things as GM.
I agree with you. What a stupid pick choosing Barkley! Hmm on second thought I think he was ROOKIE of the YEAR! Everyone laughed at him picking Daniel Jones and with a horrible support cast he too looked outstanding. I guess your right Gettleman must be incompetent!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I agree with you. What a stupid pick choosing Barkley! Hmm on second thought I think he was ROOKIE of the YEAR! Everyone laughed at him picking Daniel Jones and with a horrible support cast he too looked outstanding. I guess your right Gettleman must be incompetent!!!

Seems like your sensibilities have been offended, Mrs. Gettleman.

Barkley had a shot at rookie of the year for whomever he played. The pick was likely not the correct one for the Giants.

Reaction Score
Seems like your sensibilities have been offended, Mrs. Gettleman.

Barkley had a shot at rookie of the year for whomever he played. The pick was likely not the correct one for the Giants.
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR not correct for the Giants?? Come on man stop drinking that brown liquor! Rookie of the year is the right pick for anyone team. Especially the giants.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR not correct for the Giants?? Come on man stop drinking that brown liquor! Rookie of the year is the right pick for anyone team. Especially the giants.
If your goal is to maximize marketing revenue, Barkley is a fine pick for the franchise.

Most fans care more about wins and losses on the field and the reality of the NFL, as as far as player longevity and effectiveness on the field is concerned, is that RB has become a luxury plug & play position. The Giants had more pressing concerns.

Reaction Score
Can't even get an interview with their top choice, but tell me more about how there's not a problem with the organization

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can't even get an interview with their top choice, but tell me more about how there's not a problem with the organization

Oof. That's gotta sting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom