GGG / Canelo 3 | The Boneyard

GGG / Canelo 3

Reaction Score
I used to be pretty into boxing but I haven’t followed the sport much the last few years. I know there are some on here who do, so to them: is this fight worth buying? Does a 40 year old GGG have a shot?

Reaction Score
Should be. But GGG did get hit alot in his last fight. He has a great chin but, yea, he is 40. We'll find out if the tank is empty.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm buying, since I'm a GGG fan. Regardless of the the result, I expect the fight to be competitive. GGG may be older, and perhaps a step slower now, but he will give it his all as we really wants to win this time. Bivol beat Canelo by outboxing him, and GGG needs to be cautiously aggressive behind his jabs attacking the body and using combinations more.

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Spence vs Crawford will be an exciting fight to boxing fans, but not convinced casuals will be so into it. If that fight happens in 2022 maybe not enough time to promote it.
You make good points. I don’t know all of the current boxers but in my mind these are the top two pound for pound guys in boxing. I wouldn’t ever expect Crawford to be an underdog but I think he would be against Spence. I don’t think there’s a fight I would pay to see more than this one.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I'm buying, since I'm a GGG fan. Regardless of the the result, I expect the fight to be competitive. GGG may be older, and perhaps a step slower now, but he will give it his all as we really wants to win this time. Bivol beat Canelo by outboxing him, and GGG needs to be cautiously aggressive behind his jabs attacking the body and using combinations more.
I’ve been a GGG fan for awhile. He reminded me of Arturo Gatti except Golovkin is a better boxer and bigger puncher but they both have great chins. They both give their all every fight. GGG would have destroyed Canelo in his prime but unfortunately we never got to see that. Maybe GGG can turn back the hands of time for a couple rounds and knockout Canelo. I’ll be watching and hoping.

Reaction Score

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
That is THE fight in boxing. That is an absolute buy from me. Crawford stops Spence late. Too dynamic. More tools in the box.
I think you are correct about Crawford being the more skilled fighter/boxer but I think Spence has the power advantage. Crawford has tremendous defense and Spence would be facing the best fighter of his career but I think Spence has a chance to score the knockout. I would not be surprised if either fighter was stopped but it would be a war and the advantage does go to Crawford because he has more experience and a more complete skill set.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Possibly after they fight each other but I've got Fury #1.
I highly doubt you would find Fury on any boxing analyst’s top 5 list. Pound for pound usually reserved for super middleweights and under. Fury just big, stupid, strong, and can take a punch. I would not ever refer to Fury as highly skilled.

Edit* I googled it and it lists Fury as #6 which is higher than I imagined he’d be. Also had Canelo #1 and I definitely disagree with that.

Reaction Score
Possibly after they fight each other but I've got Fury #1.
Fury needs to stop avoiding Usyk if he is indeed coming out of “retirement”. Dillian Whyte should’ve never got that last fight either.

Hard to have a heavyweight top of p4p regardless.

Reaction Score
I would not ever refer to Fury as highly skilled.
I respectfully think you are out of your mind. I used to say the same about Fury. I used to call him sideshow bob but then i started really watching him and for a guy his size he is pretty light on his feet and can flat out box. I have absolutely no doubt on his best night he gives any heavyweight ever serious problems. HIs biggest issue is he likes to fight and will get stationary and slug which is what got him dropped against Wilder.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I think the fight is worth buying. As a GGG fan I think time is against him. I have GGG up in the series 1-0-1, but Canelo played the game and waited until GGG started to age. "Tainted" meat to push back the the 2nd fight then waiting this long for the 3rd really put all the cards in Canelo's hands. GGG needs to box, which his skill never seems to get talked about since he is such a destroyer and with his granite chin puts that skill to the side in order to just break people down. To beat Canelo he will need to be a little more cautious and tighten up the defense.

Sorry, but Fury is definitely highly skilled. He and Usyk are easily the most skilled boxers in HW and it's not even close. Too bad Fury was pushing Usyk for a fight by the end of 2022. Now we will get Fury/Joshua, which should be good I give Fury the edge though fairly easily. Usyk will likely take a fight in early 2023, hearing murmurs of it being against Wilder if he can get by Helenius, which would put a Fury/Usyk showdown well in to mid 2023 if it does happen.

Spence/Crawford is the fight to see. Hopefully they promote it well because even casual fans will be impressed with that. I think Spence is slipping and sounds a bit punch drunk recently with all his accidents and career mileage he may be at the end.

Reaction Score
I’m currently on my way to Vegas for the fight. I think Canelo will win but I’ll be rooting for GGG. He got screwed in the first fight which should have been a clear GGG victory and the second fight was awesome and he might have edged that out too. But he’s 40. I’m hoping for a Marquez-type performance in the fourth fight against Pacquaio but that’s unlikely.

Reaction Score
I think GGG won both of the previous fights. He will a knockout to win this one, as the judges will not be kind to him. I think he is too old now, which is the reason Canelo booked this fight.

If he was real, he would have fought Bivol again. I am not buying this fight. I was going to watch it at Mohegan, but I have to go to a wedding on Saturday.

Save your money for Crawford v Spence, Jr. In November.

Reaction Score
hoping that Canelo sends GGG to hell and that will be the end of his chapter

Reaction Score
Fury needs to stop avoiding Usyk if he is indeed coming out of “retirement”. Dillian Whyte should’ve never got that last fight either.

Hard to have a heavyweight top of p4p regardless.
What's the Fury dodging talk? He told Usyk to tape em up in mid December and Usyk doesn't want to fight then. Fury doesn't want to wait around so for now he's moved on to a December fight with AJ while Usyk heals and spends time with his family. Really hope it happens in March or whenever Usyk is ready because I think Fury would dismantle him.

Reaction Score
a HW who didn't move up in weight(ala Usyk) at pfp #1 is nuts. Fury's resume isn't even all that good to be up there anyway.
He's a giant, there's no weight for him to move up to. Penalizing him for that is silly and part of the reason I never take P4P lists all that seriously.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
The undercard is pretty weak but we do get to see Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez, the top young talent in the lower weight classes and potential future p4p entrant. He is a wunderkind

I’m a GGG guy but expecting a pretty clear Canelo decision win. You can get fight to go the distance at -150ish; I think thats the play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom