Get Geno More Help | The Boneyard

Get Geno More Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Similar to the top coaches at the top programs (ex. Saben bringing in new offensive coordinators at Alabama), would love to see Geno bring new blood into his Assistant Coach family. Jamelle Elliott's (113-162) and Morgan Valley's (4-37) past coaching records do not fill me with confidence that when a new scheme or game plan is needed, or one needs to be adjusted on the fly, that they are the best candidates to get it done. Both are good motivators and bring energy to the game, but candidly, so do many coaches. The most effective coaches usually want more, not less, feedback and would love to see Geno try to find that extra play, that critical in game adjustment next year to get us the Championship. While Geno makes the final decisions, getting him more help can't be a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Similar to the top coaches at the top programs (ex. Saben bringing in new offensive coordinators at Alabama), would love to see Geno bring new blood into his Assistant Coach family. Jamelle Elliott's (113-162) and Morgan Valley's (4-37) past coaching records do not fill me with confidence that when a new scheme or game plan is needed, or one needs to be adjusted on the fly, that they are the best candidates to get it done. Both are good motivators and bring energy to the game, but candidly, so do many coaches. The most effective coaches usually want more, not less, feedback and would love to see Geno try to find that extra play, that critical in game adjustment next year to get us the Championship. While Geno makes the final decisions, getting him more help can't be a bad thing.
Agree with you and I hope neither are considered as future replacements for geno when he retires. We need new blood.

Reaction Score
The only comparison to Alabama is , that like UCONN the media and pundits keep wanting to write an epitaph of our demise. Nothing a Paige Beuckers cannot erase….She is that great and like we saw yesterday she was not there to rescue us like so many times before…ie..Tennessee….SC….Baylor….North Carolina State etc etc….
And Geno is still the BEST!!!!!

Reaction Score
Coach’s get too much credit in wins and too much blame in losses. Lots of careless turnovers yesterday, many missed open shots and essentially no depth due to injuries. I can assure you issue was not the people blowing whistles at practice.

Reaction Score
The UCONN men have TWO bigs to score, rebound, clog up the middle.
What may have worked for the women in years past has now changed as the game has evolved.
Time to come up with a new game plan and different style players.

Reaction Score
Isn't the NCCAA allowing schools to hire at least 2 additional Assistant Coaches this year?

Reaction Score
Oh Lord. We haven't reached the 24-hour window and we got folks trying to change up the coaching ranks...based off one game. SMH. It really is going to be a LONG off season.

Reaction Score
We've lost two great coaching talents to BU/Wisconsin and Vanderbilt.
Agree but Shea is just building her cv as a head coach and Marissa Mosley is starting to move up the ladder going to bigger schools and conferences. I don’t think either would accept an assistant position again in anticipation of being Geno’s replacement.

Reaction Score
The only comparison to Alabama is , that like UCONN the media and pundits keep wanting to write an epitaph of our demise. Nothing a Paige Beuckers cannot erase….She is that great and like we saw yesterday she was not there to rescue us like so many times before…ie..Tennessee….SC….Baylor….North Carolina State etc etc….
And Geno is still the BEST!!!!!
Geno is not the same,
He doesn’t seem as committed and coaching the pressbreaking in this game was clearly not his usual standards. They looked lost.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Complainers, always complain. We lost this game. Why do we have to find someone to blame. I have followed Uconn for almost 30 years, and they have not won 30 National Championships, but, I will continue to follow and enjoy.

Reaction Score
Breaking a press does not require new coaching staff. It requires a shift in style of play and it requires teamwork. If you saw the men’s game last night or saw Virginia play Tennessee in the women’s game, you saw there were two people who were responsible for taking care of the ball. These two moved with speed and had two others waiting to receive the ball. If you do this for every possession and make it a habit, the likelihood of getting beaten by a press becomes very low.

Looking ahead to next year, we will have Paige and KK to add to the list of ball handlers. I don’t see us having this problem next year.

Reaction Score
Complainers, always complain. We lost this game. Why do we have to find someone to blame. I have followed Uconn for almost 30 years, and they have not won 30 National Championships, but, I will continue to follow and enjoy.
I have never complained before. I’ve watched for 40 yrs and know I’m not now as focused as I was when younger and Geno isn’t either. No disrespect just an observation of a great coach’s work load that might be changing.
Think positively but with reality.

JBK

Reaction Score
Isn’t it a least a possibility that Geno and staff had a good game plan and our team just didn’t execute it?
Geno is the GOAT and for great reasons but I guess he will take responsibility for his team looking shocked at the OS press - turnovers were an issue all year and magnified yesterday. He will fix it next year.
Paige has been taking good notes

Reaction Score
Alexa Philippou tweeted yesterday that UConn has trailed by double-digits only five times in the NCAA Tournament: "They are 0-5 in those situations." Now 0-6. Given our excellence/dominance in just about every category you can name—not to mention Geno's astounding perfectionism—maybe we could indeed work on mid-game coaching adjustments. (Hoping, of course, we won't need many next year.) What was everyone's sense of what was happening on the sidelines during the second quarter? Lots of conferring? I haven't yet gone back to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom