OT: - Georgia/TCU | The Boneyard

OT: Georgia/TCU

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just let the 4 best teams from the SEC play each other

Reaction Score
Georgia was Lucky to beat Ohio State .
Ohio State was destroyed by Michigan in their big game .
TCU upsets Michigan in the first round .
You would probably have to assume that TCU Georgia would be competitive at least but that’s not necessarily true.
Comparative scores vs actual matchup is never vary accurate.
I seriously doubt Michigan gets dominated by Georgia like TCU Georgia probably wins by 2 or less TD’s in a decently competitive game .

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Georgia had no business beating OSU, kind of knew they would take it out on TCU tonight.

They really should just rename the thing the SEC invitational.
Georgia was Lucky to beat Ohio State .
Ohio State was destroyed by Michigan in their big game .
TCU upsets Michigan in the first round .
You would probably have to assume that TCU Georgia would be competitive at least but that’s not necessarily true.
Comparative scores vs actual matchup is never vary accurate.
I seriously doubt Michigan gets dominated by Georgia like TCU Georgia probably wins by 2 or less TD’s in a decently competitive game .

Really odd comments suggesting UGA had no business or was lucky to beat OSU.

It was a close game and OSU certainly had an opportunity to win, but if they play each other 10 times, UGA wins the majority of them. They only had to play once and UGA did what OSU couldn't.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Sec and B10 should just play for it all. Tenn, Bama and LSU would have beaten TCU.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OSU vs Georgia was the Championship game, most people knew that.
Nah. Michigan was better than OSU, they just pooped the bed against a TCU team that is all offense, no defense. Harbaugh looking ahead to the NFL maybe. Michigan still likely loses to UGA, but it would be competitive.

Georgia is now what Bama was. And they are in slightly better recruiting area and have a more appealing school in a better location. Going to take some doing to dethrone them.

Reaction Score
Well, no debate who the #1 team is this season. I picked Georgia because I thought they had a better defense than TCU, but never saw that whooping coming.

Reaction Score
The week before the games were great. One of the best college sports days ever. Then this. It's sports, blowouts happen. One team has a good day and the other has an off day. Once the snowball starts rolling downhill, it's tough to stop.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sec and B10 should just play for it all. Tenn, Bama and LSU would have beaten TCU.

That is where it is going.

The B1G and the SEC will be like the AFC and NFC. ACC, Big12, Pac12 are getting absorbed in to two conferences and each will align under one of the B1G and SEC. That is your second tier of teams.

Under that will be the rest of FBS schools aligning under either B1G and Fox networks or SEC and ESPN networks.

That will be the new paradigm by 2035.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m in the minority, but there shouldn’t be a playoff. Let the BCS pick the top two teams.

Reaction Score
Roasted, toasted, and burnt to a crisp.

That was an absolute beat own, curb-stomping annihilation.

Has there ever been such a lopsided championship game in any sport ever? I kind of don't think so. (UNLV 103 Duke 73 isn't as bad as IMO)

Reaction Score
Every year for as long as I can remember I get excited for the college football season. There may be handful of games all year that are actually exciting and big CFB fans use those games as a defense as why the sport is still great. But for me it's going the way of the Olympics, I'm pumped in the first week and then my interest is miniscule after that.

Reaction Score
Nah. Michigan was better than OSU, they just pooped the bed against a TCU team that is all offense, no defense. Harbaugh looking ahead to the NFL maybe. Michigan still likely loses to UGA, but it would be competitive.

Georgia is now what Bama was. And they are in slightly better recruiting area and have a more appealing school in a better location. Going to take some doing to dethrone them.
Wouldn’t say Michigan is better than OSU, they’re just a team that as constructed is a matchup nightmare for OSU. Like CBB, it’s all matchup dependent.

O State would have rolled TCU & should have beat UGA. UGA would have rolled Michigan & rolled TCU. If somehow we got an OSU vs Michigan championship, UM prob wins it

Reaction Score
TCU's game looked like they were not used to the physicality of lines like Georgia has.

Flinging the ball around like Leach'sTexas Tech team did under Kingsbury is all well and good...until you run into a defense that splatters your O line in 1.5 seconds and can cover your recievers.

Reaction Score
Roasted, toasted, and burnt to a crisp.

That was an absolute beat own, curb-stomping annihilation.

Has there ever been such a lopsided championship game in any sport ever? I kind of don't think so. (UNLV 103 Duke 73 isn't as bad as IMO)
Chicago Bears over The Washington Redskins in an NFL Championship game. 73-0. The Redskins defeated the Bears 7-3 in their regular season game that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom