Geno's Pregame Presser | The Boneyard

Geno's Pregame Presser

Reaction Score
I've watched plenty of Geno's pressers and I've noticed him mention Ice Brady a few times. She must of really impressed him. I feel robbed not seeing her this year. The thought of what this team could have been at full strength.
The Wonder Years Thinking GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Is it off limits to ask a question about a team member? I am dying to hear his views on Amari....for example. (Although it is pretty obvious by viewing her playing time). Also, does anyone know anything about Providence, sitting at 6-1?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I've watched plenty of Geno's pressers and I've noticed him mention Ice Brady a few times. She must of really impressed him. I feel robbed not seeing her this year. The thought of what this team could have been at full strength.
Got to be patient. We will be something else next year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is it off limits to ask a question about a team member? I am dying to hear his views on Amari....for example. (Although it is pretty obvious by viewing her playing time). Also, does anyone know anything about Providence, sitting at 6-1?
What can he say? It would sound something like.

I see some improvement here and there but she needs to really ramp up the intensity in practice.

Reaction Score
it's a real shame..........she would have helped on both ends of the court and her foul line jump shot would have freed up the outside shooters.........if she has a complete recovery, next year's team is going to be awfully tough to beat

Reaction Score
He's just being realistic. He lived through last year. He knows his situation. Teams have injuries and sometimes have bad games. It happens to almost all teams.

Reaction Score
Absolutely delighted when Geno said that his post players are no longer necessarily great passers like in recent seasons. I never liked that offense were bigs like Nelson-Ododa were flashing to the top of the key or out past the elbow to act as passing facilitators in lieu of a guard. The Huskies doggedly stuck with that for five long years and got exactly nothing out of it. Same with the Phoenix Mercury, where Brondello ran a similar scheme through Griner season after season, negating her dominance down low. Here's hoping that approach has been permanently consigned to the ash heap of history as a regular element of our half-court sets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Absolutely delighted when Geno said that his post players are no longer necessarily great passers like in recent seasons. I never liked that offense were bigs like Nelson-Ododa were flashing to the top of the key or out past the elbow to act as passing facilitators in lieu of a guard. The Huskies doggedly stuck with that for five long years and got exactly nothing out of it. Same with the Phoenix Mercury, where Brondello ran a similar scheme through Griner season after season, negating her dominance down low. Here's hoping that approach has been permanently consigned to the ash heap of history as a regular element of our half-court sets.
The reason it didnt work was Liv was not a threat from the outside. Aaliyah is making them think about leaving her open for the elbow foul line jumper.

Reaction Score
Geno said that in the Iowa game there were periods that looked as if UConn could score 120 points. It jarred my memory that in the 3rd quarter at about the 6 minute mark the Huskies were down 11. Yikes! About 3 minutes after that, the team had tied the score. Azzi got 7 and handed the ball to Yanna who was parked under the basket and dropped in the other 4. It happened so quickly that I hardly remember we were ever behind. Down by 11 is a lot, but not for these guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom