Geno's players Rotation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno's players Rotation

Reaction Score
Please. Paige is all world nasty on the court and does not take a back seat to anyone. Every time she throws herself with reckless abandon on the court on defense should be more than enough evidence. Flash a few ND or SH defensive highlights.

And she better not be punching anything. Those wrists and fingers have to be protected at all costs. :rolleyes:
Well said, eebmg... Paige isn't short at all on the kind of 'nasty' we want, or that which is needed. The fire in her belly is plenty strong, just as it was with players such as Rizzotti, Bird, Stewie.

For all the talent and remarkable career DT has had, I wouldn't want to see current or future UConn players use her on-court MO as a role model for how to behave. She's been one of those 'glad we have her, and you don't' players, for sure, but I'm happy with Paige as the great athlete and sportsmanlike young woman she is.

For those of you who are totally on board with how DT has conducted herself on court, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I also know I risk serious prosecution for deigning to offer criticism of one of our all-time greats.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well said, eebmg... Paige isn't short at all on the kind of 'nasty' we want, or that which is needed. The fire in her belly is plenty strong, just as it was with players such as Rizzotti, Bird, Stewie.

For all the talent and remarkable career DT has had, I wouldn't want to see current or future UConn players use her on-court MO as a role model for how to behave. She's been one of those 'glad we have her, and you don't' players, for sure, but I'm happy with Paige as the great athlete and sportsmanlike young woman she is.

For those of you who are totally on board with how DT has conducted herself on court, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I also know I risk serious prosecution for deigning to offer criticism of one of our all-time greats.
I think part of Diana’s on court MO that Paige doesn’t have yet was letting her teammates know when they weren’t playing at the standard which they should be. I hope Paige becomes more of a vocal leader instead of the quietly lead by example type which isn’t really working so far. Maybe when she becomes an upperclassmen she’ll feel more ownership and will be able to. Or maybe it’s just not her personality to ever do it that way.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think part of Diana’s on court MO that Paige doesn’t have yet was letting her teammates know when they weren’t playing at the standard which they should be. I hope Paige becomes more of a vocal leader instead of the quietly lead by example type which isn’t really working so far. Maybe when she becomes an upperclassmen she’ll feel more ownership and will be able to. Or maybe it’s just not her personality to ever do it that way.
Not sure I recall Diana doing that. Certainly not as an Underclassman to her 4 all everything teammates. Of course, when Diana was an upper classman and so clearly the best player by far, she might have been more demonstrative but I don't think I recall that either. As Rebecca Lobo said, Paige is very similar to Diana because she is always so positive advocating for her teammates and is always being their biggest hype (wo)man

Paige is already leading this team in what is important telling her players when and how to set screens and trying to get them to move into empty spaces and I see her often calling the team to huddles etc.

Reaction Score
Not sure I recall Diana doing that. Certainly not as an Underclassman to her 4 all everything teammates. Of course, when Diana was an upper classman and so clearly the best player by far, she might have been more demonstrative but I don't think I recall that either. As Rebecca Lobo said, Paige is very similar to Diana because she is always so positive advocating for her teammates and is always being their biggest hype (wo)man

Paige is already leading this team in what is important telling her players when and how to set screens and trying to get them to move into empty spaces and I see her often calling the team to huddles etc.
You’re right it was when Diana was an upperclassman and obviously the best player. During a game when UConn was already up by a bit I think it was Barbara Turner that didn’t execute something like she was supposed to. Diana got frustrated, time out called, she yells “do it!” at her walking back to the bench. One of the commentators said there’s a standard you’re supposed to play at even when you’re up and DT will let you know (think it was Meg Culmo saying that). Paige seems like a ‘nice’ leader, whereas DT says her leadership style is being a kind hearted a******.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom