Geno's Extended Presser

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
but I do not see the Coach P stuff going very far. :rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds like Paige is rehabbing like a pro player (e.g , Stewie).

Working with a PT guy who does work with the LA Rams. Working with Susan Borchardt who we know does a lot with WNBA players, notably Sue and Stewie.

Smart.

Reaction Score
It’s not that I feel vindicated for saying over a month ago that we’re likely to see Azzi Caroline Lou on the floor together, and that we’d probably also run a 4-out offense for stretches… but I kinda do.

This must be what @Carnac feels like all the time!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s not that I feel vindicated for saying over a month ago that we’re likely to see Azzi Caroline Lou on the floor together, and that we’d probably also run a 4-out offense for stretches… but I kinda do.

This must be what @Carnac feels like all the time!
Most of the time. It’s a gift. :cool:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I like his take on the newcomers. He sounds more like the optimistic Boneyarders than the pessimists.

My favorite line was that when Caroline and Lou are both on the floor, it’ll be really fun.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Last year the scrimmage was against Boston College. It'll likely be another local team this year too though the options are limited. BC again? How 'bout Rhode Island coached by Tammi Reiss. The Rams were 22-7 last season. Quinnipiac is another option.

Reaction Score
Bone Dog, I have been agreeing with you. I also from this past spring, have been predicting the amount of playing time and the impact of Ayanna Patterson.

Reaction Score
Geno didn’t say much about Dorka, Aaliyah, or Deberry. I know Dorka is still recuperating somewhat, but hopefully omitting much mention of the bigs (he did praise Ice which is good) is just because he’s giddy about the guards rather than worried about the bigs.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Last year the scrimmage was against Boston College. It'll likely be another local team this year too though the options are limited. BC again? How 'bout Rhode Island coached by Tammi Reiss. The Rams were 22-7 last season. Quinnipiac is another option.
UMass is another good possibility. Won the A10 championship last year (26-7) and lost to Notre Dame by 11 in the NCAA tournament first round. Top 3 scorers are back, including Penn State transfer Sam Breen. Also now have Piath on the roster.

This could be a decent test. Easy travel for both teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He doesn't just love Lou, he LOVES her. I can't wait to see her in a game.

For some reason--likely because she played at Fairfield--some folks here have low expectations for Lou. I think she's going to be really, really good. She's experienced and playing for the WNBA draft. She may be one of the best newcomers in the Big East.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For some reason--likely because she played at Fairfield--some folks here have low expectations for Lou. I think she's going to be really, really good. She's experienced and playing for the WNBA draft. She may be one of the best newcomers in the Big East.
I would remind folks of the old adage that says.....
”when you associate, you assimilate.” Some of her new teammates will rub off on her. She’s a sponge looking to get better every day.

Lou is going to raise a lot of eyebrows and hopes this year. She knows how and when to shoot, and can get her own shot. Every play was run for her at Fairfield. She knows what she’s doing. Carnac sez.....Lou will be much more of an asset than a liability. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom