Geno to be on SNY shortly | The Boneyard

Geno to be on SNY shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They just stated on the Mets post game show that he will be in studio.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks just turned it on.

Reaction Score
Nothing too exciting. It was obviously taped earlier in the evening and will undoubtedly be replayed during each of SNY's sports reports. He talked about the pressure of being the Olympic coach and said that he was nervous going in. As for the law suit he stood by his statement of yesterday and said it was something that would be dealt with by those in the legal world. When asked if he was angry about his reputation being dragged through the mud he said that seemed to be the price of being in the public eye in 2012 America.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Looks like they repeat it shortly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing too exciting. It was obviously taped earlier in the evening and will undoubtedly be replayed during each of SNY's sports reports. He talked about the pressure of being the Olympic coach and said that he was nervous going in. As for the law suit he stood by his statement of yesterday and said it was something that would be dealt with by those in the legal world. When asked if he was angry about his reputation being dragged through the mud he said that seemed to be the price of being in the public eye in 2012 America.

He seemed poised, not stressed. Didn't seem like he was guilty or particularly worried.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Excellent summary. Nothing to add from me, except he seemed pretty relaxed, but serious.

Reaction Score
Color me disappointed by his reaction. I like when people who are falsely accused of something act pissed off and don't just go down the road of "we're going to let the lawyers handle it" like he did. If there's nothing to hide, get angry. Fight for your reputation.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Color me disappointed by his reaction. I like when people who are falsely accused of something act pissed off and don't just go down the road of "we're going to let the lawyers handle it" like he did. If there's nothing to hide, get angry. Fight for your reputation.

Not everyone is going to handle and react to an accusation like this in the same way or in a way one of us might think is "appropriate".

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yeah, your disappointment is understandable. But this a legal proceeding, and he will pay his lawyers well to do the heavy lifting. He was probably advised by those lawyers to respond exactly as he did.

Reaction Score
That's worked wonders for Roger Clemens.

Reaction Score
That's worked wonders for Roger Clemens.
Well Clemens is guilty. Do you think Geno is? My response was regarding how I would like innocent people to act upon being sued for something they didn't do.

Reaction Score
Not everyone is going to handle and react to an accusation like this in the same way or in a way one of us might think is "appropriate".

If someone is 100% innocent, I just can't understand hiding behind statements or saying nothing more than a calm "we'll let the lawyers take care of it", price of success, etc.

If someone is 90% innocent, then yeah I can see the lawyer comment because you don't want that 10% to get out.

If someone is completely guilty, well than obviously stick with statements and lawyers handling it til the cows come home.

Who knows where he falls in those areas, but I was hoping for some more rage because of what's at stake here.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
If someone is 100% innocent, I just can't understand hiding behind statements or saying nothing more than a calm "we'll let the lawyers take care of it", price of success, etc.

If someone is 90% innocent, then yeah I can see the lawyer comment because you don't want that 10% to get out.

If someone is completely guilty, well than obviously stick with statements and lawyers handling it til the cows come home.

Who knows where he falls in those areas, but I was hoping for some more rage because of what's at stake here.
You may get your rage, but it won't be in a situation where Geno has limited or no control.. You mentioned that Clemens is guilty and I agree. His rage was totally phony, and when I saw it I was even more sure of his guilt.

My point is, you have to be very careful in this kind of situation. Everything is at stake for Geno, and this is no time for taking unnecessary risk.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

I think that your expectations are very wrong from the psychological point of view. Those who are innocent expect the truth out in the end and to be vindicated. They have little need of rage because they expect things to be seen for what they are, sometimes naively so.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

When you're the Olympic coach, you're expected to conduct yourself with 100% decorum.

Reaction Score
I think that your expectations are very wrong from the psychological point of view. Those who are innocent expect the truth out in the end and to be vindicated. They have little need of rage because they expect things to be seen for what they are, sometimes naively so.

Icebear, I couldn't agree with you more. The truth will come out in the end.

Reaction Score
When you're the Olympic coach, you're expected to conduct yourself with 100% decorum.

Not to mention that he also needs for this to die down and not impact Olympic preparation.

Reaction Score
Anytime Geno says something, it's another news story....If he says nothing, there's no news...

Reaction Score

I don't think it matters if he is guilty or innocent,the first thing you do is get his name in the paper in the wrong way.Then let him fight for his innocence..In Connecticut most people will believe him,but what about places like Tennesse and other parts of the country..I think some parts of the story are true,but truth be told i really don't know and it becomes a he said she said..Worst of all it ruins a Great Mans career and puts a doubt in the minds of recurits parents and maybe the recurit..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think it matters if he is guilty or innocent,the first thing you do is get his name in the paper in the wrong way.Then let him fight for his innocence..In Connecticut most people will believe him,but what about places like Tennesse and other parts of the country..I think some parts of the story are true,but truth be told i really don't know and it becomes a he said she said..Worst of all it ruins a Great Mans career and puts a doubt in the minds of recurits parents and maybe the recurit..

Your comment has nothing to do with my post about the psychology of Geno's response.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually I feel just the opposite. People who get angry and pissed off, usually have something to hide. Those who "know" they are innocent don't need to be angry or worried. They "know" the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom