Geno raised the black flag on Sunday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno raised the black flag on Sunday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sign me up for the "black unis" also (call them "dark navy blue" if it makes you feel better). I won't mind seeing these unis for every big game...whether home or away.

Whatever works.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hey, you don't have to wait for half-time to get an entertaining show. How the All Blacks have conscripted a Maori tradition and get to hurl it at their opponents before every game is beyond me. If I was the other team I'd be turning around and mooning them.
Yea, that'll just pi$$ them off. You don't want to do that to the All-Blacks. In the Rugby Union world they are kind of like UCONN WBB on steroids. i.e they are very bad for Rugby. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I liked those black uniforms.

Black is the absence of color.
No, Black is the absorption of all colors. It is the most inclusive of colors.

Reaction Score
The announcer, Adam, pointed out at the beginning that they were black and that it was the first time they had ever worn them.

As far as the no quarter, no surrender business, isn't that what pirates did in their day, ie, raise a black flag? Maybe someone can clear this up.

How dare you say that HOLLYWOOD's impressions of Pirates wasn't Factual--you know that if you see it in a Movie or on the internet--it MUST be true.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm surprised I haven't seen people dissecting this quote more vigorously. "We're going to have a bunch of good players here next year, that's for sure." Certainly makes one wonder if Geno's freshmen class of fall 2019 has not yet been completed.
Geno didn't say "a bunch of good freshmen", he said "players". Crystal, Christyn, Meg, and ONO are pretty good players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Geno didn't say "a bunch of good freshmen", he said "players". Crystal, Christyn, Meg, and ONO are pretty good players.
No doubt true, but juxtaposed to his reference to "here or overseas," etc., his statement is a cryptic invitation to wonder...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The final word on the jersey. Case closed.

1543974705757.png

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
How dare you say that HOLLYWOOD's impressions of Pirates wasn't Factual--you know that if you see it in a Movie or on the internet--it MUST be true.
I think I read it in a comic book about 90 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom