Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
According to a tweet from UCONNWBB

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Show on the women's tournament on ESPNU from 1- 3pm today.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How many teams will be playing with a chip on their shoulder?

Ten minutes in to the show and so far Brooke W has said ND will be playing with a chip and Holly W says Tenn has played with a chip on their shoulders.

Will there be enough chips to go around?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Walz declines invitation to say his team will play with a chip on its shoulder. No control over seeding, looking forward to opportunity will have to beat some tough opponents to advance.

To beat UConn, need to play perfect game defensively. Didn't put together a complete game in 3 losses to UConn.

Reaction Score
Walz declines invitation to say his team will play with a chip on its shoulder. No control over seeding, looking forward to opportunity will have to beat some tough opponents to advance.

To beat UConn, need to play perfect game defensively. Didn't put together a complete game in 3 losses to UConn.

"I recommend biting off more then you can chew to anyone
I certainly do
I recommend sticking your foot in your mouth at any time
Feel free
Throw it down (the caution blocks you from the wind)
Hold it up (to the rays)
You wait and see when the smoke clears

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn"

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno on sportscenter, panel with Seth Greenberg and Digger Phelps, talking about getting team ready for tournament. Great stuff.

Geno doesn't prepare for another team because won't know opponent til the selection show. Even after the draw, focus has to be on getting team ready to be really good at what the team is really good at.

Can't change who you are. Teams have tape on you, but you can tinker with what you do.

As favorite, if we play A game doesn't matter what other team does. Still, in every game, will need to make adjustments.

Works on special situations, like coming out of timeout or after a dead ball late in the game.

Asked to identify weaknesses, Geno says short bench and needing to to worry about fouls and can't extend defense. The other is rebounding, Worse offensive rebounding team in America -- players think all shots going in.

Digger told Geno he would be sitting on Muffet's bench 3 weeks from today in Nashville. Geno said it's the best news he's heard all year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maria Taylor and Brooke Weisbrod pick Notre Dame to win it all.
Debbie Antonelli picks UConn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Maria Taylor and Brooke Weisbrod pick Notre Dame to win it all.
Debbie Antonelli picks UConn.
And they had the dumbest reasons I've heard.

Weisbrod said "well, they have that bench, and UConn can't afford a spained ankle or foul trouble". Seriously weak.

Taylor said she just changed her mind and because the ND women had that swagger and really want to finish what they started two years ago. Really?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Weisbrod said "well, they have that bench, and UConn can't afford a spained ankle or foul trouble". Seriously weak.

Taylor said she just changed her mind and because the ND women had that swagger and really want to finish what they started two years ago. Really?
DD- At least Weisbrod gave a reason- and injury or foul trouble really is the only prayer anyone has of beating UC. N Dame used to attack the paint and throw their bodies at defenders and get the foul calls. I expect teams to attack the paint in hopes of fouls. I think that having to go to our bench early and our lack of depth is our only Achilles heal. Taylor's reasoning really was weak.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
What I want to know is who's bringing some dip for all of the chips?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

When I hear sports analyst say things like this it makes me wonder if theyve seen UConn play. This is a team that is loaded and is killing their opponents. Let me bring up one thing. UConn has been blowing teams out all season and Geno has pulled the starters in many of those games and still won by 30 plus. How many teams will be standing on the floor with 10 minutes to go with their starters on the floor not breathing heavy? Only UConn. IMO its a plus that UConn is in such great shape. This UConn team is so much better then any other team in WCBB its not even close.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What I want to know is who's bringing some dip for all of the chips?

What happens when two teams with chips play each other? Louisville v Tennessee in the Elite 8? Let the chips fall where they may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom