Geno on each 2023 recruit | The Boneyard

Geno on each 2023 recruit

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Samuels gives me Swin Cash vibes. I hope I'm right. She's going to be a great wing player for us.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see these newbies on the court......if KK can get more consistency from her three-point shooting I think she will be a major offensive force for UConn..........Ashlynn is like a basketball machine..........skilled, athletic, and competitive and she wants the big shot when the game is on the line......... I'm less familiar with the other two players but they certainly look like able contributors......... I look forward to seeing them take their place in the long line of successful UConn basketball players...

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to watching Jana and Ice play. They've both got the physique to make an impact, and have had the opportunity to learn the UConn system, even if only through observation. And being somewhat vertically challenged myself, I tend to live vicariously through the post players and imagine what it would be like to be able to put stuff away on a top shelf without climbing on a step stool. :cool:

Reaction Score
Finally, a true point guard. Paige and Azzi are great shooters, and, along with Niki they are excellent defenders but none of the three fit that mold. They are quick but do not have the real time speed needed to push the ball up the court. I know I will be recieving negative feedback for this but by the middle of next season K.K. will be in the starting lineup.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's going to be a blast and a half to watch these four both blend in to the Huskies and change the team's game. I'm ready.

Reaction Score
Finally, a true point guard. Paige and Azzi are great shooters, and, along with Niki they are excellent defenders but none of the three fit that mold. They are quick but do not have the real time speed needed to push the ball up the court. I know I will be recieving negative feedback for this but by the middle of next season K.K. will be in the starting lineup.
If KK is in the starting lineup by February, not due to injuries, it will mean great things for UConn. I’m not expecting it, but it would mean we’d found a star.

Reaction Score
While I am hopeful any of these players could earn a start during the year, it may be more realistic to look at the minutes they earn. I can see Jana as the first big off the bench, KK giving Nika brief rests to run the offense, and Slade coming in to harass the other's team scorer as defense is needed. I know little about Samuels but if half of what Geno says about her comes true next year, we will all be happy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If that does happen, once again we are going to be in big, big injury trouble.

Reaction Score
SMH. Paige can play several positions, but to sy she is not a true PG boggles my mind. To say she can't push the ball up the court boggles my mind even more. Did you see her play at all her freshman year?

Reaction Score
And so it begins. The over optimism that the shiny new freshmen are going to come in and take over. And then the wailing and gnashing of teeth when they play like, well, freshmen. ;)

I say we at least let them get to campus before we get too excited.

Reaction Score
Paige not a point guard LoL .

Reaction Score
I respect everyone’s right to their own opinion, but I’m confused by this. Paige won the Nancy Lieberman Award, given to the best point guard in WCBB. According to Geno, she’s also one of the fastest on the team.

As for KK, I have watched her in high school games, and she looks great. I look forward to seeing her on the floor. Steelerone, I have no negative feedback to give you about anything. I hope you’re right about KK’s potential, though I share Ozimoto’s caution.

Reaction Score
And so it begins. The over optimism that the shiny new freshmen are going to come in and take over. And then the wailing and gnashing of teeth when they play like, well, freshmen. ;)

We do this dance every single season, and more freshman than not end up more notable for their cheerleading skills than anything they do on the court in their first college season. Short of a Paige or Stewie showing up in Storrs in two months when summer workouts begin, I expect that trend to continue.

Reaction Score
Samuels gives me Swin Cash vibes. I hope I'm right. She's going to be a great wing player for us.
That is amazing to hear. Do you have more concrete reasons for saying that, other than " I get a vibe?" From whence to you get a Swin Cash vibe? That creates an enormous expectation. We could love that. We need that.

Reaction Score

If you watched the East v West All American game, you saw three mega stars ( at least). One is going to USC, one to ND and one to Dawn Staley. Our recruits are excellent and ( per coach ) "a good fit "for UCONN. So, if everything else works out, we'll have an interesting season. But much depends upon Paige, Azzi,Ice and Caroline being 100%.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Geno let’s the freshmen play and don’t kill their confidence like he’s been doing over the past years

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Hopefully Geno let’s the freshmen play and don’t kill their confidence like he’s been doing over the past years
If they get thgs right in practices they'll play, with what they team has coming back next year they don't absolutely NEED them to play big minutes, how you perform at practice determines your playing time.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
And as for so call " killing their confidence " you have to have confidence, confidence in yourself and the coaches a lot of high school stars get a big dose of reality whn they enter college and go up against players tht are bigger, quicker and more athletic thn the players tht they're used to dominating in high school

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Jana is a bit underrated here IMHO. She is strong, skilled and has a great amount of experience in high level basketball. She also has had a semester of practicing with the team to understand the system and what will be expected of her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom