General WCBB News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

General WCBB News

Reaction Score
If Paige falls into a coma, she may never exhaust her eligibility!

When you’re hitting from everywhere you’re unconscious. A coma, therefore, would be an extended run of unconscious performances.
I’ll take a Paige coma.

Reaction Score
Honestly.. 3 of the 4 teams could be trash next season :D. Well trash might be too harsh of a word. I suspect that Bluder and Walz will find a way to have decent squads, but TN might be garbage though.
Yeah, 3 of 4 could be like duke next year.

Reaction Score
Didn't know where to put this. But I remember watching that Nebraska team. They were playing well, Scoggins actually had like a weekly radio show during the season and then all of a sudden coach was let go, she was dismissed from the team, coach Williams made a public statement about how it was hard for the team.

Reaction Score
The PAC12 on ESPN this Friday night?!?!?! WHAT IS HAPPENING!!????!!!
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Correction, Thursday night. Just heard 9:30 pm and assumed it was a Friday:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Big names with a lotta question marks in the early season.

A healthy UConn would seem the favorite but what level of health will be attained? The impairment has been three years!
Will Iowa have Clark? If not, what's Lisa gonna put on the floor? I expect a top 25 team w/o Clark but we'll see
Tennessee. Will they have a new coach? If not, what's life after Rickea?
Louisville. Will they be the most settled of this group?
Without Caitlin it will be a very young team. Our incoming point guard is out with an ACL injury.

Reaction Score
The PAC12 on ESPN this Friday night?!?!?! WHAT IS HAPPENING!!????!!!
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Correction, Thursday night. Just heard 9:30 pm and assumed it was a Friday:confused:

It's interesting. If you had asked me at the beginning of the season which matchups to look for at season's end, I would've circled this one as a defining game that could decide the conference crown -- but once Utah lost Kneepkens and UCLA did typical UCLA things, this matchup lost a bit of luster. It's odd to be saying oh hey, a matchup between the fifth and sixth best teams by record in the Pac-12 but two top 18 teams! I'm going to miss the Pac after dark.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Didn't know where to put this. But I remember watching that Nebraska team. They were playing well, Scoggins actually had like a weekly radio show during the season and then all of a sudden coach was let go, she was dismissed from the team, coach Williams made a public statement about how it was hard for the team.

Speaking as a member of the legal profession, if what the player alleges is even substantially true, I'm kind of shocked. As her lawyer said, in 2023, it's insane to read how poorly the Nebraska AD handled this. Even if you believe the player is the modern-day Jezebel, she's the inferior in the relationship and the one whom the Title IX protections exist for. The idea that the coach would expose her through a ruse, then allow her teammates to confront and berate her, and then dismiss her is beyond wild. If what she says is true, Nebraska is going to be in a world of hurt, legally speaking.

Reaction Score
Speaking as a member of the legal profession, if what the player alleges is even substantially true, I'm kind of shocked. As her lawyer said, in 2023, it's insane to read how poorly the Nebraska AD handled this. Even if you believe the player is the modern-day Jezebel, she's the inferior in the relationship and the one whom the Title IX protections exist for. The idea that the coach would expose her through a ruse, then allow her teammates to confront and berate her, and then dismiss her is beyond wild. If what she says is true, Nebraska is going to be in a world of hurt, legally speaking.
Surprised it's taken this long for it to get to this point. Rumours were going around when it happened. Personally, I hope this goes to court instead of a settlement because this issue is a lot more common than we care to admit as fans of the college sports. Hopefully it forces schools and coaches to look inwards and really address this problem.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think this goes here. Yvonne Ejim has announced she will return to Gonzaga for her 5th year next season. They face a big rebuilding job, with the other 4 starters all using up their eligibility, but this gives them a big building block to start with.

Reaction Score
I think this goes here. Yvonne Ejim has announced she will return to Gonzaga for her 5th year next season. They face a big rebuilding job, with the other 4 starters all using up their eligibility, but this gives them a big building block to start with.
Think this is a good idea for her. Some more time to expand her game and get an extra year of school before looking at a pro career. She's had an unbelievable season and is on the watch list for player of the year. SO HAPPY FOR HER!

Reaction Score

Didn't know where to put this. I thought it was interesting. I actually think both should stay and both don't really need to explain.

Journalism you can trust:

"Conversations she might would have with" Angel and Hailey Van Lith.

Reaction Score
NCAAW is higher profile and probably more profitable ($NIL) than WNBA. I think it's a no-brainer from that perspective. Of course, there are other considerations.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wow

The physical, mental and emotional toll of this unfortunate and injury-riddled season has brought us to this point. We are incredibly saddened that we cannot finish out the season strong but feel this is the best decision for our scholar-athletes.

– Chris Clunie, Davidson Vice President & Director of Athletics

The injuries we have sustained this season have weighed heavily on our entire program. This decision is not one that we are taking lightly, as no one wanted it to end this way. Our team of young women is the strongest, most caring, and most competitive team I have ever been a part of. They have been an absolute JOY to coach, every single day. Despite the challenging nature of the way this season has unfolded, our team never wavered and competed to the very end. I am confident there is no team in the country that would have handled the hardship we faced with as much grace, strength, and adaptability as our young women did. I am so proud of them.
Gayle Fulks, Davidson Head Coach

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
wow

The physical, mental and emotional toll of this unfortunate and injury-riddled season has brought us to this point. We are incredibly saddened that we cannot finish out the season strong but feel this is the best decision for our scholar-athletes.

– Chris Clunie, Davidson Vice President & Director of Athletics

The injuries we have sustained this season have weighed heavily on our entire program. This decision is not one that we are taking lightly, as no one wanted it to end this way. Our team of young women is the strongest, most caring, and most competitive team I have ever been a part of. They have been an absolute JOY to coach, every single day. Despite the challenging nature of the way this season has unfolded, our team never wavered and competed to the very end. I am confident there is no team in the country that would have handled the hardship we faced with as much grace, strength, and adaptability as our young women did. I am so proud of them.
Gayle Fulks, Davidson Head Coach

I'm sorry, but being out on the west coast and finding the quantity of BY posts almost overwhelming - this whole thing is news to me.

@triaddukefan could you give at least some idea of how bad the injury & whatever else was?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but being out on the west coast and finding the quantity of BY posts almost overwhelming - this whole thing is news to me.

@triaddukefan could you give at least some idea of how bad the injury & whatever else was?

I posted this in another thread

Davidson had to forfeit a few games, now I know why :eek: Darn shame... cause if they would have stayed healthy they would contend in the A-10.

Deegan was their leading scorer
Dunn was their 3rd leading scorer
Morgan was their 5th leading scorer
Jackson was a reserve..
Sutphin is their 2nd leading scorer... has missed 12 games earlier in the season, and didn't play in tonight's loss to GW.
And 2 players who started games last year were lost to injury prior to this season.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Iowa and Virginia tech next year. Nc state vs South Carolina should be good tho
Yeah that first one is kinda like “all our best players graduated” matchup. Will either be top 25?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom