2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths back from injury... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths back from injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It does not look like we are leading for Gavin Griffiths. He is a great shooter and a top 40 overall recruit. We can use his skills at UCONN. This is what separates great recruiters from good recruiters. Hurley for now is a good recruiter. He cannot land one 5 star guy.

Scotty Middleton who we just started recruiting is a 5 star now on ESPN. It will be very tough for us to beat out Kansas considering he plays high school ball in Kansas.

PS: As far as Isaiah Miranda he is a good center and a top 40 overall recruit. However, we have Ugonna Kingsley who is a CT kid who is a top 40 big man playing very close to us. Also, JP Estrella is a very good big man more of a stretch 4 man than a center who is also local. There are options here. We can't go 0 for 3 here with 3 high level big man right in our backyard.

Reaction Score
Come on, you post here often enough to know better. People say grain of salt and things change all the time, whether it's good or bad news
Yeah but what i'm saying is people aren't ever as quizzical when it's good news, they run with it and accept it. I trust @UConnStats and his insights a lot. Just as I trust others who have said that what he heard may not be the case. So I don't think it's fair to him/her.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Come on, you post here often enough to know better. People say grain of salt and things change all the time, whether it's good or bad news
That’s not the people reacting to the insight.

Reaction Score
It does not look like we are leading for Gavin Griffiths. He is a great shooter and a top 40 overall recruit. We can use his skills at UCONN. This is what separates great recruiters from good recruiters. Hurley for now is a good recruiter. He cannot land one 5 star guy.

Scotty Middleton who we just started recruiting is a 5 star now on ESPN. It will be very tough for us to beat out Kansas considering he plays high school ball in Kansas.

PS: As far as Isaiah Miranda he is a good center and a top 40 overall recruit. However, we have Ugonna Kingsley who is a CT kid who is a top 40 big man playing very close to us. Also, JP Estrella is a very good big man more of a stretch 4 man than a center who is also local. There are options here. We can't go 0 for 3 here with 3 high level big man right in our backyard.
Wait. What? Since when is South Portland, ME (or Wolfeboro, NH) local?

Reaction Score

I really don't care about stars - I care about wins. Wins come from getting the right players regardless of what the media and supposed recruiting experts think. I'd rather go out and get a 4 star that has ceiling and reaches to new heights while at UConn than a 5-star that doesn't reach expectations. Would you rather have a Bouknight or an Emoni Bates, for example?

And, would Hurley be a better recruiter if he had brought in a Bates instead of a Bouknight?

Reaction Score
Wait. What? Since when is South Portland, ME (or Wolfeboro, NH) local?
When there is only one high major team (and they're barely that) between those places and Storrs then it's local. As someone said, the distance between South Portland or Wolfeboro is considered pretty close in most areas of the country.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Think it’s best to move on. A source is a source, nobody/nothing is 100% in situations so fluid. It truly is not a big deal at all. Everyone is on the same side. I’m not some insider, just have some buddies in the know. I usually don’t relay much, just didn’t think this would have been so inflammatory (it wasn’t even a “next”).

No ill will to anyone, I actually would encourage people to be skeptical of what they hear. Especially with some of the fake gurus here

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Think it’s best to move on. A source is a source, nobody/nothing is 100% in situations so fluid. It truly is not a big deal at all. Everyone is on the same side. I’m not some insider, just have some buddies in the know. I usually don’t relay much, just didn’t think this would have been so inflammatory (it wasn’t even a “next”).

No ill will to anyone, I actually would encourage people to be skeptical of what they hear. Especially with some of the fake gurus here
;)

Reaction Score
When there is only one high major team (and they're barely that) between those places and Storrs then it's local. As someone said, the distance between South Portland or Wolfeboro is considered pretty close in most areas of the country.
I guess we define the word “local” differently. I understand your point that UConn is the most prominent program in proximity to his hometown and his school. But a three hour drive isn’t local. I drive from Stamford to Charlton, Mass or Beacon, NY to get my beer. I consider the distance to both locations no big deal at all. But they aren’t local.

Reaction Score
I guess we define the word “local” differently. I understand your point that UConn is the most prominent program in proximity to his hometown and his school. But a three hour drive isn’t local. I drive from Stamford to Charlton, Mass or Beacon, NY to get my beer. I consider the distance to both locations no big deal at all. But they aren’t local.
I guess the term "local" could have different meanings depending on the context. For example, I wouldn't consider "local" driving an hour to get pizza. But looking at the only school in your region (New England) that is a high major college basketball team I would consider "local". Unless he wants to play at the University of Southern Maine. Now that's local. ;)

Reaction Score
Well, you have excellent taste in beer.

Reaction Score

I don’t understand why you are struggling with people not accepting what you stated as truth. This is an anonymous message board. There are only two reasons why people should expect that anyone knows something that everyone else doesn’t. First, they explain their sources (and people can either verify that or choose to believe it on sheer faith or track record), or they have a track record of getting things right that leads to a conclusion that the poster knows something that no one else does.

In the absence of either of those, a poster can feel free to post what they know, but shouldn’t be surprised that the posts are met with skepticism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t understand why you are struggling with people not accepting what you stated as truth. This is an anonymous message board. There are only two reasons why people should expect that anyone knows something that everyone else doesn’t. First, they explain their sources (and people can either verify that or choose to believe it on sheer faith or track record), or they have a track record of getting things right that leads to a conclusion that the poster knows something that no one else doesn’t.

In the absence of either of those, a poster can feel free to post what they know, but shouldn’t be surprised that the posts are met with skepticism.
I guess me saying I encourage skeptics wasn’t clear enough but I’m not struggling with it at all lol. Glad you got your two cents in, you clearly needed to.

Reaction Score
I think the winking emoji should be banned for all posters who aren't @Matrim55 ...I keep scrolling these recruit threads and see one, get excited, only to realize the poster isn't matrim so means nothing...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I guess me saying I encourage skeptics wasn’t clear enough but I’m not struggling with it at all lol. Glad you got your two cents in, you clearly needed to.
It’s hard to be skeptical of you when your track record is very good. But I guess starting arguments over your info isn’t smart either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom