2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths back from injury... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths back from injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess we define the word “local” differently. I understand your point that UConn is the most prominent program in proximity to his hometown and his school. But a three hour drive isn’t local. I drive from Stamford to Charlton, Mass or Beacon, NY to get my beer. I consider the distance to both locations no big deal at all. But they aren’t local.
What’s the brewery in Beacon that you are referring to? Thanks

Reaction Score
Not hard to tell when Staff/DH has moved on by virtue of their offers to recruits with similar playing styles and where they are spending their time watching kids in person

Reaction Score
Not hard to tell when Staff/DH has moved on by virtue of their offers to recruits with similar playing styles and where they are spending their time watching kids in person
Don't know if this is in relation to Griffiths but you posted it in the Griffiths thread. the staff hasn't offered any recruits with similar playing styles and Griffiths has been injured and hasn't played in any tournaments so there's nothing to watch in person.

Reaction Score
What’s the brewery in Beacon that you are referring to? Thanks
Hudson Valley Brewery, creators of the sour IPA style, as well as brewers of some mighty good farmhouse ales as well. Solid lager game too.

Reaction Score
Don't know if this is in relation to Griffiths but you posted it in the Griffiths thread. the staff hasn't offered any recruits with similar playing styles and Griffiths has been injured and hasn't played in any tournaments so there's nothing to watch in person.
I understand that Griffiths has been injured and has not been playing. Depending on how you define GG in DH's 4 and one offense ..If at all .. I was referring to their continued interest in Stojakovic/Edwards (until he eliminated UConn)/J Ross/S. Middleton/M.Buzelis/J.Hamilton (No offer)/I.Coleman (No offer)..

Their size and current HS positions suggest a traditional position in CBB as SFs/PFs with outside range/Big SGs.. IMO--Their playing styles are moderately different but they are all very good shooters with similar dimensions to GG.

Simply an observation on my part..Eye test.. Right or wrong. Bring on the data

Reaction Score
If we lose this kid to Providence then that’s gonna leave a black eye. Cannot let a local top 40 recruit leave the state to go to a conference rival 45 minutes down the road.

Reaction Score
I would estimate that Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa, Providence, and Baylor are ahead of us in recruiting for Gavin right now in the process. Our playstyle is a big part why we don't lead for Griffiths. It's got nothing to do with Hurley not recruiting him hard enough. UCONN is one of the schools that have been recruiting him the hardest for the longest time.

I would say Michigan, Rutgers, and Iowa are leading right now at this moment.

Griffiths speaks very highly of Pikiell and how he likes the Rutgers campus and gym. Griffiths seems destined to end up in the Little Ten conference unless something major changes.

Reaction Score
If we lose this kid to Providence then that’s gonna leave a black eye. Cannot let a local top 40 recruit leave the state to go to a conference rival 45 minutes down the road.
Already lost 1 to Providence!

Reaction Score
Already lost 1 to Providence!
Yup - we screwed up, brought on board a player ranked around 100th in the high school ranks and won a natty with him as the FF MOP, who was picked second in the NBA draft and was the NBA Rookie of the Year lol.

Reaction Score
Yup - we screwed up, brought on board a player ranked around 100th in the high school ranks and won a natty with him as the FF MOP, who was picked second in the NBA draft and was the NBA Rookie of the Year lol.
Talking about Floyd…Lol

Reaction Score
If it was easy to teach high level athletes to shoot then Andre would be a good shooter by now. He doesn’t even have the skill to back his man down and take a jump hook. Hope he improves his shooting this year. Even a 10’ jump shot isn’t in his wheelhouse. And he’s as athletic as they come. Love the kid! But for some reason he hasn’t been able to learn shooting

Reaction Score
I would estimate that Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa, Providence, and Baylor are ahead of us in recruiting for Gavin right now in the process. Our playstyle is a big part why we don't lead for Griffiths. It's got nothing to do with Hurley not recruiting him hard enough. UCONN is one of the schools that have been recruiting him the hardest for the longest time.

I would say Michigan, Rutgers, and Iowa are leading right now at this moment.

Griffiths speaks very highly of Pikiell and how he likes the Rutgers campus and gym. Griffiths seems destined to end up in the Little Ten conference unless something major changes.

Our 4 out offense would be perfect for a shooter like Griffiths. Not sure why you think our playstyle is a negative factor in his recruitment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait. What? Since when is South Portland, ME (or Wolfeboro, NH) local?
Pretty much forever. If you are a New England high major D1 prospect who wants to play close at home UConn is the school you are looking hard at

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rival?

Reaction Score
Pretty much forever. If you are a New England high major D1 prospect who wants to play close at home UConn is the school you are looking hard at
We did a "local" trip for us here in CO and drove 5-1/2 hrs. I joked with my wife that in 5-1/2 hrs I could road trip through a decent bit of every single state in new england.

Reaction Score
Our 4 out offense would be perfect for a shooter like Griffiths. Not sure why you think our playstyle is a negative factor in his recruitment.
We don’t really play 4 out offense. Hurley aspires and talks about it, but we haven’t really done much because our personnel has been filled with athletic nonshooters for the most part or guards who can’t shoot for the most part or drive as well as you need them to create open shots.

We have been trying to play a mix of iso ball, inside/out basketball, and pick and role.

Considering we have Sanogo, AJacks, and Hawk, it makes the most sense to play pick and role basketball, and keep doing it as much as possible. We don’t have the personnel for 4 out offense.

We only have 1 guy in Karaban who is considered a shooter on the roster, and he is a freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom