Gampel Issue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gampel Issue

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
They’re manufactured by OES in Canada. UConn has stated they can no longer get replacement parts because of how old they are.

I also have no issues reading them from the top of section 9, with contact lenses, as far from them as you can get in the arena.
They had a chance to go with Patoni Corporation, a maker of exception electronic scoreboards but noooooo.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
They’re manufactured by OES in Canada. UConn has stated they can no longer get replacement parts because of how old they are.

I also have no issues reading them from the top of section 9, with contact lenses, as far from them as you can get in the arena.
Turn it over to the engineering school as a project.

Reaction Score
Turn it over to the engineering school as a project.
Having gone to UConn when they built the library and forgot to account for the weight of the books on the cantilevered outside walls and having been at the Civic Center when Big Al Lewis had his night against UMass before the roof caved in I am not a big fan of engineers and architects. Hard to correct the lack of assists on those scoreboards but painting the stat categories a brighter white would help fans in the middle of the building figure out quicker what line is what. Don't forget all the issues with buildings built during Emmert's UConn era that had water pipes freezing left and right due to poor design plus all the fire code issues that had UConn firefighters getting OT to monitor buildings that lacked fire walls.

Reaction Score
Never thought to bring this up but is an issue when I go to the games. There are two identical vertical boards up in opposite corners of the arena that have team stats running vertically and the identification of what those stats are between the numbers. HOWEVER, because the descriptions are not lit up and their letters are so faint almost no one can see them, I have no idea what information is being displayed even though the numbers are lit up and very clear. Because of that, I pay no attention to those boards. (I recall that if you get up close to them when the lights in the arena are on, you can see the descriptions but that would require memorizing them.) If others agree, how can we get this remedied?
Use your phone for stats.

Reaction Score
As long as we're complaining about things, does anyone know why it took a full hour to get out of the North Garage after the Villanova game last weekend? If anyone had the same experience, I have a tip -- drive the wrong way down the unused entrance ramp and out the IN gate.

Reaction Score
Could’ve sworn I saw 4-6 scoreboards during $2 beer night…

So you were the reason we sold out of the $2 miller lites, 8 mins into the game….

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Having gone to UConn when they built the library and forgot to account for the weight of the books on the cantilevered outside walls and having been at the Civic Center when Big Al Lewis had his night against UMass before the roof caved in I am not a big fan of engineers and architects. Hard to correct the lack of assists on those scoreboards but painting the stat categories a brighter white would help fans in the middle of the building figure out quicker what line is what. Don't forget all the issues with buildings built during Emmert's UConn era that had water pipes freezing left and right due to poor design plus all the fire code issues that had UConn firefighters getting OT to monitor buildings that lacked fire walls.
I was just kidding but get your point. ;)

Reaction Score
As long as we're complaining about things, does anyone know why it took a full hour to get out of the North Garage after the Villanova game last weekend? If anyone had the same experience, I have a tip -- drive the wrong way down the unused entrance ramp and out the IN gate.
This is the way they get the fans out of Gillette on Route One. No one is going in the garage postgame.

Reaction Score
Lowest bid. At least engineering students would be doing it for grades.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Lowest bid. At least engineering students would be doing it for grades.
And, isn't that ironic?

Most often give the project to the lowest bidder.

Never to the student with the lowest grades.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom