Gampel Issue | The Boneyard

Gampel Issue

Reaction Score
Never thought to bring this up but is an issue when I go to the games. There are two identical vertical boards up in opposite corners of the arena that have team stats running vertically and the identification of what those stats are between the numbers. HOWEVER, because the descriptions are not lit up and their letters are so faint almost no one can see them, I have no idea what information is being displayed even though the numbers are lit up and very clear. Because of that, I pay no attention to those boards. (I recall that if you get up close to them when the lights in the arena are on, you can see the descriptions but that would require memorizing them.) If others agree, how can we get this remedied?

Reaction Score
see, or see not, there is no try
Serious Star Wars GIF by Disney+

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have never had an issue with the Gampel boards, sure they are limited but visibility is not an issue. I cannot stand the XL Center's jumbotron though.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Never thought to bring this up but is an issue when I go to the games. There are two identical vertical boards up in opposite corners of the arena that have team stats running vertically and the identification of what those stats are between the numbers. HOWEVER, because the descriptions are not lit up and their letters are so faint almost no one can see them, I have no idea what information is being displayed even though the numbers are lit up and very clear. Because of that, I pay no attention to those boards. (I recall that if you get up close to them when the lights in the arena are on, you can see the descriptions but that would require memorizing them.) If others agree, how can we get this remedied?

They’re manufactured by OES in Canada. UConn has stated they can no longer get replacement parts because of how old they are.

I also have no issues reading them from the top of section 9, with contact lenses, as far from them as you can get in the arena.

Reaction Score
I couldn't read one of them at Providence game just because people were standing for good portions of the game in that area and blocking parts of it. Just look at the jumbotron...oh wait:D

Reaction Score
it's true sometimes people standing block them partially

Reaction Score
Can get all the stats I want at XL because of internet service there. Gampel is a dead zone! Why can’t they fix that?

Reaction Score
Are opening your eyes after blinking? Kidding. I watch those almost all game. Constantly checking fouls etc.

Reaction Score
It's 2024. Neither venue has a scoreboard that equates to being up to the standard of the basketball capital of the world. Went to a game at Quinnipiac recently. Great scoreboard.

Reaction Score
I was wasting my time in the men's room line and had no time to look up for stats.

Reaction Score
XL has more stats than Gampel listed. Do you people even look up? Lol
Karaban even mentioned that in his podcast with Jared on Monday. He said he didn't know that Tristen was close to a triple double because the scoreboard at Gampel doesn't have all the stats like XL Center. Said he would have known at XL Center that Tristen needed 1 more assist.

Reaction Score
Karaban even mentioned that in his podcast with Jared on Monday. He said he didn't know that Tristen was close to a triple double because the scoreboard at Gampel doesn't have all the stats like XL Center. Said he would have known at XL Center that Tristen needed 1 more assist.

The only funny thing about the stats at XL is that in some seats you can't see the whole row and need to look at corners to tell the player stats. Overall, no real issue though.

Reaction Score
Eat more carrots.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Coincidently, this is exactly how we figured out that our 11 year old (at the time) daughter needed glasses. We were at a basketball game and she kept asking about the stats for a player; we told her to follow them on the stat board and she couldn't see well enough to even tell there was a stat board. She'd never complained about not being able to see prior to that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom