Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

Reaction Score
SEC scheduled USC.with a home/away against Texas instead of the usual UK.

The only away game that worries me is Texas. Since we get LSU at home, if we get past Texas in Austin, we could go undefeated in the SEC again.

Reaction Score
Got our lick back. Good season for yall though

Why did you post about softball on a basketball thread? I guess since most of the threads on the general forum are about my Gamecocks, you'll throw a jab wherever you can.. Great win for the Devils....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why did you post about softball on a basketball thread? I guess since most of the threads on the general forum are about my Gamecocks, you'll throw a jab wherever you can.. Great win for the Devils....

I though this was a catch-all thread about all things $CAR. Basketball, Softball, Trash BBQ, Interstate Construction..

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I though this was a catch-all thread about all things $CAR. Basketball, Softball, Trash BBQ, Interstate Construction..
You sound like the epidemy of sour grapes. You should really re-examine your post because they make you look small. Duke is an academic institution and with the exception of men's basketball and lacrosse, a mediocre athletic school and mediocre is a stretch. You should refrain from throwing stones from your glass house.

Reaction Score
You sound like the epidemy of sour grapes. You should really re-examine your post because they make you look small. Duke is an academic institution and with the exception of men's basketball and lacrosse, a mediocre athletic school and mediocre is a stretch. You should refrain from throwing stones from your glass house.
@triaddukefan is full of jokes. Don't read too much into it. He's just here for a good time and some good ribbing of his rivals. Let's all just relax.

1000009334.gif

Reaction Score
A little h
A bit harsh on our neighborhood joker

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
SEC scheduled USC.with a home/away against Texas instead of the usual UK.

Good. After waiting for weeks to learn the Vegas opener will be against Michigan, might take forced scheduling to get some of these other top ten programs on the docket.

Reaction Score
Well, when you have a very large fan base, certainly one of the top 2 in the Carolinas it hard not to be all things Carolina...ok Clemson is up there with us too...ugh

If Duke would schedule us in any sport that we have in common and play in Durham, our fans may take over. UNC fans are always on their boards begging their fans to buy tickets when we play in Chapel Hill cause they know what will happen if they don't. They do the same with Clemson also.

Charlotte may be in the state of NC but it's a home game for us and Clemson.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Got our lick back. Good season for yall though

I have to say that I was highly disappointed by Coach Bev Smith's involvement in the verbal spat with D'Auna Jennings in the final game. You got a problem with something a player says or does? Bring it up to one of her coaches and/or the umpires/officials. And while D'Auna could've, in theory, handled it better, it's easy to forget that she's a sophomore. I'm not excusing D'Auna because she should've kept her emotions in check. But come on, Bev--really showing off that UNC (University of No Class) upbringing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have to say that I was highly disappointed by Coach Bev Smith's involvement in the verbal spat with D'Auna Jennings in the final game. You got a problem with something a player says or does? Bring it up to one of her coaches and/or the umpires/officials. And while D'Auna could've, in theory, handled it better, it's easy to forget that she's a sophomore. I'm not excusing D'Auna because she should've kept her emotions in check. But come on, Bev--really showing off that UNC (University of No Class) upbringing.

The Duke player should have told her to sit her ____ in the dugout. Just accept that arse kicking like an adult.

Reaction Score
@Fanofball . I cannot respond about your post on the UConn board. @HuskyNan gets pizzed at me for discussing the Gamecocks on that board. However, I must respond to your post:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, SC and LSU really didn't have a great OOC. Dawn was playing teams way under her talent last season (Come on, Rutgers? SD state? Clemson? Miss. Valley State? Morgan State? Why are you playing these people, Dawn?) I'm not against Dawn or anything but she is capable of a much better schedule than this. Sure, she had Duke and ND, and an injured UCONN, but other than that, not much else. And then of course nothing needs to be said about Mulkey. She may as well have been beating up DII talent.

Out of all three of the coaches, Geno has probably had the best quality wins. His OOC is always stacked. Just last season we had NC State, Texas, UCLA, ND, and SC. Granted we lost, but that's what his OOC always looks like. We're scheduled for USC next season as well.

Part of the reason may be that their conference is more competitive, but even so, I would've liked to see SC vs USC, SC vs UCLA, etc. They're both capable of better teams like that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First: Rutgers was not a game. It was an exhibition. Who did UConn play in their exhibition? A non D-1. And what was up with that Canadian non-D-II team ya'll played. (I get it. Aliyah homecoming).

Second, You imply Net 51 South Dakota State is a cupcake? Who are they compared to NET 245 Dayton? NET 133 Butler? NET 70 Ball State? Yes, Morgan State is a cupcake, but Dawn is committed to playing a HBCU every year, That's why Dawn plays them. Clemson? Should we not play our biggest rival in all sports? The one we have been playing for well over 100 years in everything? Bowling Green at their place as a favor to a former Dawn assistant in his first gig as a head coach.

Third, "she had Duke, Notre Dame and an injured UConn." Was UConn injured when this game was scheduled? Was (you might also ask) Maryland unranked when they were scheduled? Did you forget forget Utah? UCLA and Stanford were contracted to play us last year but it was renegotiated due to turmoil from the PAC collapse. Yes, we renew with UCLA this year. U$C ducked us on opening night next year in their Vegas backyard.

You might want to go back and look at our SOS for the past five years. You will see that it exceeded that of UConn in several years and was seldom out of the top five. Look at Massey. Our 2023-2024 final RPI SOS was ranked #2. UConn was #3

Yes, Geno always schedules tough OOC and I salute him for it. That's why we play each other every other year. Dawn also schedules tough though it's a bit tougher for a newcomer powerhouse than the legendary program. Teams aren't enamored of playing us .

In the end, we played ten games against year end ranked opponents last year including 2, 3 and 4.

Reaction Score
@Fanofball . I cannot respond about your post on the UConn board. @HuskyNan gets pizzed at me for discussing the Gamecocks on that board. However, I must respond to your post:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, SC and LSU really didn't have a great OOC. Dawn was playing teams way under her talent last season (Come on, Rutgers? SD state? Clemson? Miss. Valley State? Morgan State? Why are you playing these people, Dawn?) I'm not against Dawn or anything but she is capable of a much better schedule than this. Sure, she had Duke and ND, and an injured UCONN, but other than that, not much else. And then of course nothing needs to be said about Mulkey. She may as well have been beating up DII talent.

Out of all three of the coaches, Geno has probably had the best quality wins. His OOC is always stacked. Just last season we had NC State, Texas, UCLA, ND, and SC. Granted we lost, but that's what his OOC always looks like. We're scheduled for USC next season as well.

Part of the reason may be that their conference is more competitive, but even so, I would've liked to see SC vs USC, SC vs UCLA, etc. They're both capable of better teams like that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First: Rutgers was not a game. It was an exhibition. Who did UConn play in their exhibition? A non D-1. And what was up with that Canadian non-D-II team ya'll played. (I get it. Aliyah homecoming).

Second, You imply Net 51 South Dakota State is a cupcake? Who are they compared to NET 245 Dayton? NET 133 Butler? NET 70 Ball State? Yes, Morgan State is a cupcake, but Dawn is committed to playing a HBCU every year, That's why Dawn plays them. Clemson? Should we not play our biggest rival in all sports? The one we have been playing for well over 100 years in everything? Bowling Green at their place as a favor to a former Dawn assistant in his first gig as a head coach.

Third, "she had Duke, Notre Dame and an injured UConn." Was UConn injured when this game was scheduled? Was (you might also ask) Maryland unranked when they were scheduled? Did you forget forget Utah? UCLA and Stanford were contracted to play us last year but it was renegotiated due to turmoil from the PAC collapse. Yes, we renew with UCLA this year. U$C ducked us on opening night next year in their Vegas backyard.

You might want to go back and look at our SOS for the past five years. You will see that it exceeded that of UConn in several years and was seldom out of the top five. Look at Massey. Our 2023-2024 final RPI SOS was ranked #2. UConn was #3

Yes, Geno always schedules tough OOC and I salute him for it. That's why we play each other every other year. Dawn also schedules tough though it's a bit tougher for a newcomer powerhouse than the legendary program. Teams aren't enamored of playing us .

In the end, we played ten games against year end ranked opponents last year including 2, 3 and 4.
"Geno seeks out a challenge! Like (preseason unranked) NC State! Unlike Dawn Staley, playing (preseason #14) Maryland and (preseason #16) North Carolina!"

Every school has delusion fans not worth your time. On a UConn board, it's to be expected you will see a few Huskies like this.

Despite those two falling short of consensus expectations, I think we still had more regular season OOC wins over the final top 25 than the entire Big Ten. Kind of hard to get a top 30 opponent every night when there are so many other coaches scheduling like Small Town High, padding their record with tomato cans instead of seeking a challenge.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
"Geno seeks out a challenge! Like (preseason unranked) NC State! Unlike Dawn Staley, playing (preseason #14) Maryland and (preseason #16) North Carolina!"

Every school has delusion fans not worth your time. On a UConn board, it's to be expected you will see a few Huskies like this.

Despite those two falling short of consensus expectations, I think we still had more regular season OOC wins over the final top 25 than the entire Big Ten. Kind of hard to get a top 30 opponent every night when there are so many other coaches scheduling like Small Town High, padding their record with tomato cans instead of seeking a challenge.
Agreed. But I will always appreciate a good clap back, especially when it's substantiated with facts. :cool:

Reaction Score

UConn also played Maryland.

We don't need to throw stones at Geno. He schedules tough OOC games. But so do we. That's why we play each other!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This burns me up. Boston seems like the nicest and most pleasant play in women's basketball. For those monday flounders to hound her is disgusting but sadly part of the times we live in.

Reaction Score
This burns me up. Boston seems like the nicest and most pleasant play in women's basketball. For those monday flounders to hound her is disgusting but sadly part of the times we live in.

Nobody better mess with my Gamecocks or we gonna have a problem.

1000009358.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom