Game Week - UConn @ Vanderbilt (10/2/21 @ 7:30p (ET) on ESPNU) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Vanderbilt (10/2/21 @ 7:30p (ET) on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
I'm just tired of in-house politics and want the best players on the field. Hairston and Johnson playing give us the best chance to win. They're not even on the 2-deep so something is up (and it doesn't appear to be injury related).. my interpretation might be incorrect as to the reasons why, but I'm certain they're better than Niemenski and Clercius. Those guys are both serviceable but seem more suited to be role players at this juncture.

Good God, would you stop with the conspiracy theories. For all any of us know this could be an injury and it could be disciplinary. And if it's just a decision, you have zero reason to even speculate that this is anything other than a good faith decision as to who would help the team win.

It's fine to make the point someone should be playing. It's not to be so sure that your opinion is right that if someone disagrees with it there has to be a bad faith reason.

Reaction Score
I'm just tired of in-house politics and want the best players on the field. Hairston and Johnson playing give us the best chance to win. They're not even on the 2-deep so something is up (and it doesn't appear to be injury related).. my interpretation might be incorrect as to the reasons why, but I'm certain they're better than Niemenski and Clercius. Those guys are both serviceable but seem more suited to be role players at this juncture.
And you know this how? Maybe that aren’t executing their assignments? Running the wrong route ?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1632956179876.png

------------------------------Versus---------------------------------------
1632956366398.png

Shrugs. Given the change in HC, I discount the scores of the first three games a bit.

Reaction Score
I didn't see any explicit home cooking.
i watched them all on replay - looked legit to me.

The Cowboy fans we were sitting near were getting apoplectic about the calls, and who could blame them. ”Home cooking’ was the reason they alleged. It may not have been the explicit reason but you get their point.Let’s just say if on Vandy’s final drive Saturday night we get called for three pass interference penalties. Even though some Vandy fans say the calls looked legit to them, you can bet we’ll all be saying we got “Southern Fried”.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Cowboy fans we were sitting near were getting apoplectic about the calls, and who could blame them. ”Home cooking’ was the reason they alleged. It may not have been the explicit reason but you get their point.Let’s just say if on Vandy’s final drive Saturday night we get called for three pass interference penalties. Even though some Vandy fans say the calls looked legit to them, you can bet we’ll all be saying we got “Southern Fried”.

Which goes back to the question, which call do you believe was home cooking. All those PI calls were blatantly obvious.

UConn got lucky more than home cooked on the roughing the passer call where, if memory serves me correctly, Tyler Phommachanh threw a horrible pass which was picked off. After he released the ball, he got drilled helmet to helmet. Easy call but the helmet hit had no effect on his poor reading of the defense and pass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Small point, but normally when teams from two conferences play the refs come from a third conference. Since UConn is no longer in a conference, where will the refs come from for this game -- the SEC? And what conference's refs were used last week against WYO?

Short answer is they can come from just about any conference. I try to note if the announcers state what conference the refs are from but I don't track it on a spreadsheet or anything.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

PIs? Out there for all to see? Nope. If our secondary did what Wyoming did on Saturday, they should get called.

Phantom holding calls, a la Notre Dame? You bet.

Reaction Score
Small point, but normally when teams from two conferences play the refs come from a third conference. Since UConn is no longer in a conference, where will the refs come from for this game -- the SEC? And what conference's refs were used last week against WYO?
That's typically only true in bowl games. In H-H series the refs are typically the road team's conference's refs. In buy games, it's usually the home's conference's refs. With independents they likely contracted with a particular set of refs.

Reaction Score
That's typically only true in bowl games. In H-H series the refs are typically the road team's conference's refs. In buy games, it's usually the home's conference's refs. With independents they likely contracted with a particular set of refs.
For Huskies' home games this season, several refs also appear to ref mostly ACC games. Curious me waiting for a car repair, I checked UConn game box scores and googled some refs' names and their other games officiated in recent years.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yesterday BigCat on his PMT podcast at around the 21 minute mark was gushing over this game....just can't wait to see how this thing plays out.

I think our new independent status adds a bit more to the national lore of our plight. Writing about the last place AAC team is just not as much fun nationally.

Reaction Score
I think our new independent status adds a bit more to the national lore of our plight. Writing about the last place AAC team is just not as much fun nationally.
I think you might be on to something. UConn is playing a range of schools from different conferences and regions so there is going to be lots of exposure. If UConn was in the AAC, who cares?

Reaction Score
You think Bonesteel is trolling by referring to us as "U-Conn."? I can't imagine that would make it past an editor unless it was intentional.
That is the historical way that the Washington Post style guide refers to UConn. Look @ any other WaPo article on the University of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
That is the historical way that the Washington Post style guide refers to UConn. Look @ any other WaPo article on the University of Connecticut.
I guess it's the entire WaPo trolling, then! Perhaps there was good reason for using that spelling at some point, but I doubt there's any good excuse for not having changed it. I bet they get complaints all the time and revel in their power to annoy.

Reaction Score
And you know this how? Maybe that aren’t executing their assignments? Running the wrong route ?
The same way we know Beaudry and Zergiotis shouldn’t have started the last two seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom