Game Week - UConn v. Holy Cross (Saturday 9/4/21 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Holy Cross (Saturday 9/4/21 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Ah yes, Siver Lane down to two or three lanes. What progress that is.

Reaction Score
I am already expecting an epic train wreck between the El-Al rejects running the metal detectors, electronic tickets, parking attendants, etc. It will be epic.

Yup. And if more than 1000 folks or so were showing up, it would be a big problem.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I'm actually extremely po'ed about this.

I asked the agent to send actual tickets to my house but they sent the electronic versions instead. I don't use Google Pay, and hopefully what I did to download the tickets worked. If I have even one single problem at the gates, then UConn Football has seen the last of me. Not kidding.

I'm just tired of everything being Mickey Mouse about this program. They had one job...

Reaction Score

I asked the agent to send actual tickets to my house but they sent the electronic versions instead. I don't use Google Pay, and hopefully what I did to download the tickets worked. If I have even one single problem at the gates, then UConn Football has seen the last of me. Not kidding.

I'm just tired of
Am I missing something? They sent an email. Did it not have a QR code in it that you simply show them at the gate and they read it? Is it more complicated than that?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? They sent an email. Did it not have a QR code in it that you simply show them at the gate and they read it? Is it more complicated than that?

You have to either have apple pay or Google pay for android. After downloading the app, you download the tickets. But I don't want and don't use Google pay. Hopefully there are no issues tomorrow. And for over $700, it's not too much to ask for them to send actual tickets when you've already requested them.

Every little obstacle that drives even a single fan away from the games hastens our demise...

Reaction Score
You have to either have apple pay or Google pay for android. After downloading the app, you download the tickets. But I don't want and don't use Google pay. Hopefully there are no issues tomorrow. And for over $700, it's not too much to ask for them to send actual tickets when you've already requested them.

Every little obstacle that drives even a single fan away from the games hastens our demise...
oh screw that. I don't use google pay either. I'd be pissed.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
oh screw that. I don't use google pay either. I'd be pissed.

If some people prefer it, that's fine. But when I specifically request to stick with the actual tickets and they force me anyways, I tend to get a little pissed...

Reaction Score

Yeahhhhh ... I just clicked on the URL hotlink in the email they sent me and instead of the readable QR code that I was expecting they told me to download Google Play. F-THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna demand my money back. Of all the feakin' unmitigated gall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye UConn. I have had it. Consider the potential pushback the next time you try to pull crap like this.

Reaction Score
They better not give me a hassle tomorrow when I request paper tickets at the window. Why should the onus be on the ST holders to go through all these hoops? Oh, I forgot guys, it's "for our convenience" !

It's actually disgusting to use Covid as the reasoning in what is clearly a cost cutting measure.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
They better not give me a hassle tomorrow when I request paper tickets at the window. Why should the onus be on the ST holders to go through all these hoops? Oh, I forgot guys, it's "for our convenience" !

It's actually disgusting to use Covid as the reasoning in what is clearly a cost cutting measure.

The worst part will be if my son goes to get a popcorn or a coke on his own, tries to come back, and has an usher ask for his ticket...

... which will be ON MY PHONE!!!

Reaction Score
The worst part will be if my son goes to get a popcorn or a coke on his own, tries to come back, and has an usher ask for his ticket...

... which will be ON MY PHONE!!!

I usually print my tickets on my fax machine after I download them from my AOL account.

Reaction Score
I usually print my tickets on my fax machine after I download them from my AOL account.
Off the mark. The FANG companies are out of control and in need of strong regulation. Not sure you would understand why if I told you. UConn is doing this only because they have heard from P5 schools that this is the way to go. Everyone is doing it so get on board. Lets be clear, this does not benefit the consumer. They are trying to control the secondary market. It has zero to do with C19. Be their unwitting tool if you want. Not for me, however.

Reaction Score
Off the mark. The FANG companies are out of control and in need of strong regulation. Not sure you would understand why if I told you. UConn is doing this only because they have heard from P5 schools that this is the way to go. Everyone is doing it so get on board. Lets be clear, this does not benefit the consumer. They are trying to control the secondary market. It has zero to do with C19. Be their unwitting tool if you want. Not for me, however.

I’m only joking. I worked for a FANG company, the worst of all of them. No need for the condescending insult.

Pretty much all sports and entertainment are going this way. Sorry. It’s like the Borg.

Reaction Score

I'm just tired of everything being Mickey Mouse about this program. They had one job...
Welcome to 2021, almost every major venue is ticketless. I don’t know about google bc I don’t use android, but on an iPhone they just go into your wallet, which is an Apple preloaded app, that does not require anything other than clicking it open to access tickets. I have been using this method for years for flights.

I don’t understand why simplicity would have people’s panties in a bunch. Is it really that difficult to have an extra app on your phone? If this is enough to turn you off to uconn football, be prepared to never go to any ticketed event ever again bc this is now the status quo.

Reaction Score
Welcome to 2021, almost every major venue is ticketless. I don’t know about google bc I don’t use android, but on an iPhone they just go into your wallet, which is an Apple preloaded app, that does not require anything other than clicking it open to access tickets. I have been using this method for years for flights.

I don’t understand why simplicity would have people’s panties in a bunch. Is it really that difficult to have an extra app on your phone? If this is enough to turn you off to uconn football, be prepared to never go to any ticketed event ever again bc this is now the status quo.
This.
Even my son’s college graduation this past May had virtual tickets. It is the way things are now. I work with a long time Patriots season ticket holder. Yup, they’ve gone paperless this season too. It is the new way to get tickets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom