Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1)

Reaction Score
Appears they went with the approach of spending as little time at Altitude as possible to overcome the toll it takes on your body. This was mentioned in a different thread is the best approach. I would think Mora knows how to deal well with altitude since he frequents sun valley so much.
Just returned from 5K up to 14K feet. Not a 20ish year old, well-tuned athlete, but managed just fine during multiple 5K hikes. A few others at 12K+ after several days adjustment, tail kicked. Sleet unhelpful at 13-14K.

Go get 'em Huskies. Connecticut Agricultural College for the massive, fellow Land Grant Aggies upset.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This supports the theory that Spanos is out for personal reasons and not because of personality conflicts. It still could be both, but this sounds like it's more about the personal side.
Mebbe. Then Mora says, "But it’s a great collaboration right now. These guys are outstanding. They’re the best young coaches I’ve ever been around. They’ve unbelievable. And they’re great people. The players love them and they love the players.” That's a lotta love right there. I'm still in the schism camp, I think Mora picked a side and moved on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just returned from 5K up to 14K feet. Not a 20ish year old, well-tuned athlete, but managed just fine during multiple 5K hikes. A few others at 12K+ after several days adjustment, tail kicked. Sleet unhelpful at 13-14K.

Go get 'em Huskies. Connecticut Agricultural College for the massive, fellow Land Grant Aggies upset.
Impressive with your high altitude hikes- those aren’t easy without training

Reaction Score
Impressive with your high altitude hikes- those aren’t easy without training

I was at 14k a couple weeks back for just thirty minutes. I’m 29 and relatively fit, and I felt shortness of breath and some brain fog. Definitely not easy! But I think the guys should be ok at 4 and change. That’s pretty minimal.

Reaction Score
Our heat and humidity is quite stressful. Playing in 15% humidity should cancel out the elevation issue. Much better environment than the heat at Fresno last year.

Reaction Score
Our heat and humidity is quite stressful. Playing in 15% humidity should cancel out the elevation issue. Much better environment than the heat at Fresno last year.
The lack of humidity is tough a lot of times. Do not underestimate a dry mouth from altitude combined with desert.

Reaction Score
man oh man it's gonna be great to have a stadium again back in Storrs (one day).. Utah State has a pretty decent venue
Nah. I love the Rent. We are in a large market in the big scheme of things. Putting the stadium in East Hartford is just fine. Right in the middle of millions of people.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I assume we should use the UConn Football Chat room for game time chatter? Teeing that up here for the new BYers.

Reaction Score
Please, please, please tell me the equipment managers will bring the right cleats for the players.

Don't want to lose a game like last year against Fresno St where the wrong shoes led to a UConn loss.
I don't think the shoes were the issue, score was 45 - 0

Reaction Score

-> Prediction: Even in a tune-up game like this one, Utah State should consider it a derogatory mark on its record if UConn manages to so much as sniff the end zone. Bonner will cook, the lines will be strong, and it should be an all-in-all celebratory opening to the season at Maverik.

Score: Utah State 45, UConn 3 <-

Reaction Score
New season, new staff, new team. Dont care too much about the MOV by Utah St. I just want at least one TD. Cant go b2b shutouts to start the season. CCSU week 1 I want to see complete competence on both sides of the ball and a W.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

-> Prediction: Even in a tune-up game like this one, Utah State should consider it a derogatory mark on its record if UConn manages to so much as sniff the end zone. Bonner will cook, the lines will be strong, and it should be an all-in-all celebratory opening to the season at Maverik.

Can’t wait for a Keelan Marion 60 yard TD in this fool’s eyeballs

Reaction Score

I would not pay much attention to the MW wire folks. Last year when the Aggies were winning every week they would consistently rank the Aggies like 7th in the conference even though the Aggies kept winning and eventually won the conference championship. I know UCONN was bad last year, but I have a feeling it is going to be a battle tomorrow. Still think the Aggies win, but expect a much tougher game than what the odds are showing.

Reaction Score
I was at 14k a couple weeks back for just thirty minutes. I’m 29 and relatively fit, and I felt shortness of breath and some brain fog. Definitely not easy! But I think the guys should be ok at 4 and change. That’s pretty minimal.
I’ve never been that high up. A few years ago I hiked up Mount Aetna in Sicily in my 50’s. I believe I got up over 9,000 feet. I was in very good road cycle shape at the time and felt just fine. The hike down was more of a problem on steep sections,due to slipping on the volcanic dust. The view was amazing.

Reaction Score

total disrespect, but I understand the view based on recent history.

remember Leicester City!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom