Game to watch today | The Boneyard

Game to watch today

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Marquette vs Creighton, if the bluejays win we secure at least a share of the BE title & secure it solo with any win the rest of the way. I like our chances at our first BE (or other) regular season title in 18 years. Seems wrong we haven't done this since 06', but here we are.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Marquette vs Creighton, if the bluejays win we secure at least a share of the BE title & secure it solo with any win the rest of the way. I like our chances at our first BE (or other) regular season title in 18 years. Seems wrong we haven't done this since 06', but here we are.
Go Huskies!
Kolek is questionable to play with an oblique injury.

Reaction Score
For those of you keeping an eye on the boys from Hard Hittin', we need 2 things to happen today for CCSU to get the 1-seed in the Northeast Conference:
1. Central must win at home--1:00 pm game.
2. AND Sacred Heart must knock off Merrimack in Fairfield--2:00 pm game.
Seeding is highly important in the NEC because every tournament game is played on campus at the home court of the higher seed. Central will end up being either the 1 or 2 seed. Sacred Heart is locked in as the 3 seed.

Reaction Score
You didn't say who Central is playing today.
For those of you keeping an eye on the boys from Hard Hittin', we need 2 things to happen today for CCSU to get the 1-seed in the Northeast Conference:
1. Central must win at home--1:00 pm game.
2. AND Sacred Heart must knock off Merrimack in Fairfield--2:00 pm game.
Seeding is highly important in the NEC because every tournament game is played on campus at the home court of the higher seed. Central will end up being either the 1 or 2 seed. Sacred Heart is locked in as the 3 seed.
You didn't say who Central is playing today.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kolek is questionable to play with an oblique injury.

Keep an eye on that line. It was -5.5 when I checked last night and is holding steady, so I'd imagine Vegas thinks he's probably going to play.

EDIT: Should've specified that's Creighton -5.5.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Go Huskies!
A part of me is hugely excited at the thought of a one-game winner take all throw down @Marquette on Wednesday... a bigger part of me won't be too disappointed if Creighton messes that up.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Getting hyped for Cuse/Louisville…
disgusted james van der beek GIF

Reaction Score
SHU @ UConn
oh, it's tomorrow, because we have 11 teams.
Why? Obviously the TV contract is worth less if the Big East won’t supply games on both Saturday and Sunday. Unless you’re willing to fund the difference, why the snark?

Reaction Score
Why? Obviously the TV contract is worth less if the Big East won’t supply games on both Saturday and Sunday. Unless you’re willing to fund the difference, why the snark?
because some people think there is no flexibility and what is, must be. No reason UConn couldn't have played today with 6 days off instead of 7 especially following a week off, and then have 3 days rest instead of just 2 before its next game. and no reason this had to be the week UConn was off just as fans are gearing up for the post season. But you know better, it had to fall this way because we have an odd number of teams.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
because some people think there is no flexibility and what is, must be. No reason UConn couldn't have played today with 6 days off instead of 7 especially following a week off, and then have 3 days rest instead of just 2 before its next game. and no reason this had to be the week UConn was off just as fans are gearing up for the post season. But you know better, it had to fall this way because we have an odd number of teams.

Don't you think CBS wanted the game to be tomorrow? It's in their prime Sunday slot with their top broadcast crew calling the game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I feel a bit bad for Marquette not having a fully healthy Kolek but,...

My biggest concern is how we react in Milwaukee if we have the conference regular season (and one seed in the BET) wrapped up by tomorrow afternoon. We cannot view anythng as a throwaway game, even if it technically would be.

Reaction Score
Don't you think CBS wanted the game to be tomorrow? It's in their prime Sunday slot with their top broadcast crew calling the game.
perhaps but that don't confront me. And I could be wrong but Sunday noon seems like the absolute least prime slot for a college basketball game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can see a gripe about a couple things:

• both midweek this week and now this weeekend, the five BE games were scheduled four on one day and one on the other (could have been two and three in either order)
  • We are not only travelling for Tuedsay's game, but will have one fewer off day between games than the home team (although the full week off before this two game stretch could be used as a counter-argument).
I'm not sure that I can remember (shy of the January 1996 blizzard postponing the Villanova game) where one of our games was moved to a different day after the full schedule with dates was announced and season tickets were distributed. I could be wrong here but moving games this late in the season appears to be more trouble than it would be worth.

Reaction Score
Michigan State vs. Purdue and Bama vs. Tennessee, both at 8pm this evening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom