Game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man, playing USF is like trench warfare. Please put them way off in the opposite corner of the NCAA bracket, selection committee. :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with the defense. Two banked in threes and a fortuate TO off MoJeff's leg; otherwise USF might have 16 points.

History repeating itself from last year with Gabby toughly guarding Courtney Williams.

Reaction Score
Man, playing USF is like trench warfare. Please put them way off in the opposite corner of the NCAA bracket, selection committee. :rolleyes:
They can do some real damage.. as you say, so long as it's far away from us!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with the defense. Two banked in threes and a fortuate TO off MoJeff's leg; otherwise USF might have 16 points.

History repeating itself from last year with Gabby toughly guarding Courtney Williams.
The Gabster can be quite annoying!

Reaction Score
Where does Jose find his players? Good group. I don't know Florida. Is Tampa a hard sale?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Observations on the 1st half.

1. Sometimes I think we forget how to get in position for offensive boards because we typically make so many of our shots. When we don't he has to remind them that O Boards are important

2. Mo and Gabby could defend a mongoose.

3. Nice move to give Lou a breather. She calmed down when she returned. She can rack up points real quick.

4. Coaches know they have to zone us and hope we miss shots. Every once in a while we cooperate with missing but it doesn't last!

5 I LOVE our team :)

Reaction Score

Exactly. Also UConn has a huge advantage inside but did not go there in the 1st quarter; not so in the 2nd quarter and they started getting paint points.

Reaction Score

Nah, they'll be the 6 seed in our region again.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Defense in 2nd quarter and offense finding its rhythm. UConn has almost gotten 4 or 5 more TO's only to have the ball bounce to a USF player for a score.

Jose recruits international players to fill out his roster and is getting a higher quality of player by doing so.

Reaction Score
So Lou goes 0-3 and is the first one to sit. She comes back in and scorches the net. Must be nice being 18 and have that much self-confidence.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I get that USF is a good team. But the way they are playing UCONN, they are at least an elite 8 team. I realize you can't use MOV, and maybe their familiarity with UCONN is giving them an extra boost to be able to keep with us, but it's hard to imagine a team who lost to SJU, Miss State, Memhis, Temple, and L'ville by 17 could give UCONN this much trouble...

I've come to believe that USF is just one of those teams that gives us more trouble than it seems like they should because, for whatever reason, they seem to play better against us than they do against most teams. Kind of like in the old Big East when St. John's used to play annoyingly close games against us and had the one game when they broke the home winning streak. Not an exact parallel, and this USF team is better than those St. John's teams, but that's the general situation these USF games remind me of.

Reaction Score
How is the university. What is it known for?
Don't know but some of the kids who play basketball come from economically-stressed countries. It's a great opportunity to get a free 4 year education and maybe get resettled in the U.S. afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom