Game Thread: UCONN-Memphis | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN-Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So Maya shoots 5-10 from the arc, and then Kaleena goes out and matches it. Sheeee's baaaaack! 21 points.

Double-double for Stef.

Stewie with 16-9-1-3-3.

Bria with 20, moving up the career scoring list.

The little larcenous one with 9 picks.

Kiah shoots 4-4.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
36 minutes for Stef....that's a lot.

No wonder MC noticed she was tired!

Reaction Score
So does it seem like Saniya has already passed Brianna Banks on the depth chart? Why only 3 minutes for BB tonight?
Geno said Banks hurt her ankle last week and tweaked it again in practice yesterday. Banks attempted to play tonight, but "it wasn't happening" according to Geno in the post-game press conference.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
SNY keeps blacking out for a few seconds at a time....

I think I'm glad I didn't buy a subscription with them, based on concerns folks had last year with the service. But there sure are times when I wish I could actually see these games ........

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hard to tell. I've watched it a few times and can't really tell.

The zone starts out as a 2 - 3, bigs in a line. But MoJef jumps out and quickly its a 1 - 2 - 2. Once the ball goes to the wings or into the corner, it morphs back to a 2 - 3.

Interesting zone defense philosophy.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think I'm glad I didn't buy a subscription with them, based on concerns folks had last year with the service. But there sure are times when I wish I could actually see these games ...
This was the broadcast feed - have a feeling the sub zero weather may be messing with some relays somewhere.

Reaction Score
It's not just you I live in the Hartford area and it's doing the same thing
Same situation here with SNY in California. Do either of you have Directv? It's usually pretty good but was wonky today...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
KML looks like shes better now we look for the consistency, Kiah is really coming on offensively. Nice drive to the basket and a nice 15 footer. Bria is on fire and Stef what can you say she does everything efficiently. This is one devastating team. You've got to remember too that the stats could be much better if Geno didn't go to zone and didn't stop the fast break and pulled it back. When I think about how much more we could pour it on I can only think why do some the the media writers say this team will lose a game this season. I just can't see that happening. Everything that could go wrong this season has...KML and Tuck out during a tuff stretch of 3 top ranked opponents and we won. Going on the road for most of our tuff games and winning. Having a tuff shooting nite against Baylor and in foul trouble and winning by double digits. Hey we've proved ourselves over and over again and Geno doesn't let up on them. I will say as long as we have Breanna we will not lose a NC game. Pair her with KML this season and next and it should be lights out. I'm not gonna compare this team to past UConn teams because they are different eras but IMO this is 1 or 2ed best UConn team ever. The execute so efficiently and consistently and defensively they are devastating.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The zone starts out as a 2 - 3, bigs in a line. But MoJef jumps out and quickly its a 1 - 2 - 2. Once the ball goes to the wings or into the corner, it morphs back to a 2 - 3.

Interesting zone defense philosophy.
No, we were talking about a different zone. They play with 2 bigs and usually 3 guards. They did it last night for a bit with Jefferson, Hartley and Chong.

They use the 2-3 quite a bit, but every once in awhile throw in this 3-2 or 1-2-2. Actually seems more like a 3-2.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno said Banks hurt her ankle last week and tweaked it again in practice yesterday. Banks attempted to play tonight, but "it wasn't happening" according to Geno in the post-game press conference.
Well... sorta... good. Don't want her injured, but I suppose better than being 100% and in the doghouse.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
KML looks like shes better now we look for the consistency, Kiah is really coming on offensively. Nice drive to the basket and a nice 15 footer. Bria is on fire and Stef what can you say she does everything efficiently. This is one devastating team. You've got to remember too that the stats could be much better if Geno didn't go to zone and didn't stop the fast break and pulled it back. When I think about how much more we could pour it on I can only think why do some the the media writers say this team will lose a game this season. I just can't see that happening. Everything that could go wrong this season has...KML and Tuck out during a tuff stretch of 3 top ranked opponents and we won. Going on the road for most of our tuff games and winning. Having a tuff shooting nite against Baylor and in foul trouble and winning by double digits. Hey we've proved ourselves over and over again and Geno doesn't let up on them. I will say as long as we have Breanna we will not lose a NC game. Pair her with KML this season and next and it should be lights out. I'm not gonna compare this team to past UConn teams because they are different eras but IMO this is 1 or 2ed best UConn team ever. The execute so efficiently and consistently and defensively they are devastating.
Gonna have to pretty much agree with you Tony. hmmm maybe hell is freezing over. :cool:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It's funny :)rolleyes:), I don't recall a single flop by either team last night. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom