Game Of The Day | The Boneyard

Game Of The Day

Reaction Score
This game against Michigan St marks the second game in a row where we'll be the focus of the college basketball world. On thanksgiving week to boot. What a recruiting tool. This may be two of the most high profile games we've been involved with since 2014. We seized the moment yesterday. If we can seize the moment today and set up a showdown with #6 Baylor.......MY LORD. But NO BAD MOJO. Mich St is going to steam roll us. But our brand is taking a massive boost right now. Enjoy it Husky fans.

Reaction Score
A win today would be huge in terms of showing people that UConn really is back. I'm hoping that guys like Akok, Gaffney, Martin and Jackson all step up today and take some of the burden off Cole and Sanogo who logged too many minutes yesterday.

I think the keys going forward are:

1. crisp ball movement to get Polley, Cole and Hawkins lots of good looks;
2. take much better care of the ball;

If UConn does those two things well and continues to rebound and defend at a high level, this team could be REALLY good.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has to pass out of the double team or post to get those shots.
Absolutely. Sanogo passing out of double teams is critical. As much as I like Sanogo, I'd rather see 15 shots (and some great looks for others) than the 25 shots we saw yesterday.

Reaction Score
Today is gonna be tough. If we rolled Auburn +14 in regulation time I may feel a tad different about today than I do right now. If we pull this off, what a team. I feel we need to be as mistake free as possible and I hope our coaches game plan for Izzo's squad and put us in great position to win out the gate. I hope we recover well and the 2OT lag and injuries don't hamper the day today.

Reaction Score
Hope Hurley took notes on Auburn's full court pressure on inbound passes. May have to "designate " a passer (ie Jackson) who can make quick/crisp passes. Running the baseline to get passing lanes isn't a bad strategy

Reaction Score
Today is gonna be tough. If we rolled Auburn +14 in regulation time I may feel a tad different about today than I do right now. If we pull this off, what a team. I feel we need to be as mistake free as possible and I hope our coaches game plan for Izzo's squad and put us in great position to win out the gate. I hope we recover well and the 2OT lag and injuries don't hamper the day today.
Sounds like a request to Santa Claus --- hope you get your wishes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom